+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with Bear Tanking.

Need help with Bear Tanking.

I have recently leveled my Druid to 85 and, I wish to start the heroic grind to make him a viable alt for when I don't feel like playing my Pally. I need to know single target/AOE target rotations. Which stat besides mastery is the most viable for Druid tanks? Dodge/Parry etc. I have quite a bit of experience tanking but, not with Druids.

Thanks for the help in advance,
    - Sarg

Parry is useless for druid tanks. It's debatable but I would say something like (from left to right)

Hit Rating (H cap) > Expertise Rating (S cap) > Stamina > Agility > Armor > Dodge > Crit > Attack Power > Haste
    Stamina will give you 10HP per 1 Stamina. 1 Agility will give you 2 AP and 1% Crit per 324.85, 1% Dodge (prior to diminishing returns) per 243.58.

Rotation wise for AoE: Charge, Thrash + Maul, Swipe + Maul, Demo Roar. After that I just go with whatever is needed in the situ. Could be repeating that rotation or just a few swips and trashes with applying Lacerate to the main target. I would only use Maul when you have a full bar of rage in the pull. Otherwise drop it out. With a pull with next to no rage popping Challenging Roar is great too.

Single target I use something like this: Charge, Mangle + Maul, Faerie Fire Feral, Lacerate x2 + Mauls, Pulverize, Mangle + Maul, Lacerate x3 + Mauls. Then again just keep up Lacerate, Pulverize and Faerie Fire and go with what works well for you.

Hope this helps you get started :-)

1 stamina gives you 18ish hitpoints thanks to bearform, armor specialization, talents, and buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifteu View Post
    Hit Rating (H cap) > Expertise Rating (S cap) > Stamina > Agility > Armor > Dodge > Crit > Attack Power > Haste
    I wouldn't mind stacking hit. You're get point per point twice as much out of expertise. You basically only want either crit or expertise and always mastery on your items, reforging crit or expertise into dodge for more avoidance.
    Last edited by klausi; 05-18-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Help for Bears

Mastery is of little concern to Bears.

AGILITY is number one. All your important secondary stats come form agility (Dodge, Attack Power, Crit, and your soak from survival instincts is based on 1/3 AP + mastery.)

Dodge All your gear should be reforged to have dodge on it. Priority is reforge haste first then crit. and even Mastery only if there is no other secondary stat on it. (up to 30% minimum but more is better)

Stam. All your Blue slots should be pure stam. gens unless you need to use a hybrid to get your dodge up to 30%.

Hit Soft cap for hit is 5% since that will give you 0.00 miss on lvl 85's. Should be about 6.5% for running heroics once you get around 345IL and 8% for raiding around 350+IL. Shouldn't need to gem it but may use ench, reforging, or trinkets and bling with hit on them.

Expertise Most gear will have it on it but can use Ench and reforging to bring it up or even hybrid gems in yellow slots once 30% dodge has been achieved. 20% is soft cap for heroics but 25% is recommended for raiding since a block or dodge can upset holding aggro.(druids have to hit to get and hold aggro no spells other than fairy fire)

Rotation For single target or LOS pulls I have growl and fairy fire macro'd together; for straight ahead groups just charge in then use macro.
    single target Maul, Thrash, Lacerate, Mangle,Lacerate,Maul, Lacerate, Pulverize, Lacerate, Mangle. Repeat priority is keeping Lacerate at 3 stacks and refreshing Pulverize b4 it drops off. For Aoe I hit middle, Left side, then right side and insert Swipe at beginnining of rotation.

For gear lists or more Info go to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1126995943
    Last edited by Uranos7; 05-18-2011 at 07:15 AM.
    "It's always the Healer's fault; unless it's the Tanks fault, just ask the DPS'er in purples doing 5k!"

+ Reply to Thread