+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nefarian Adds changed?

Nefarian Adds changed?

We are doing nef on 10 Man Normal we get him to about 50% in phase three but thats not the problem, the problem is adds, they are always getting hit and reseting back up to 100% so they are big scary and hitting hard we are always moving them with our adds tank but they wont die is this a bug or what?

Thanks

Not sure I really understand what you're getting at. We usually get the adds out the fire, and keep them out the fire long enough for them to die once, after that they just keep getting bigger, and thats the soft enrage. To be honest it sounds like your not DPSing Nef in P1 & P2, we ususally have 3 electrocutes in P1 and at least one in P2, with nef hitting 50% not long after P3 starts.

yes but the adds no matter how fast we move them they are always getting hit and they are not all popping at the same time its like 2 pop then 3 then the rest is this a bug?

Nope. They'll pop when they get hit by shadowflame (either the breath attack, the meteor or the resultant fire), if only 2 of the corpses are hit by it only 2 will pop up. To avoid this in P1 try to make sure they all fall over in roughly the same place so they all will get hit and thus pop at the same time.

ok and what about moving them is anyone else having this problem

What's the problem with moving them? do they not follow the tank?

No they do but for some reason no matter how fast they are moving they are always getting hit by the flame reseting them for another 50 secs

Nefarian wil shoot a meteor at their present location at intervals (first one is 30 secs, and this decreases by 5 seconds each time). The fire will also creep towards players. Are you stunning/snaring/slowing the adds? we found that was more hassle than it was worth.

no we are not

I'm sorry, i really can't imagine whats going wrong. Could you explain in extreme detail how the fight is going and what you expect to happen, that isn't happening We usually only get them to reset once, you could possible do it twice.

phase 3 stars i main tank take him to a corner of a room group and 2 healer group up near his sides off tank and a healer gather adds up and take them to the sides and start kiting but the problem is no matter how fast he kites them around the room they are always getting hit by the flames and reseting another 50 secs

Is it the Fire or the meteor which is hitting them?

There is no bug. They are getting hit by either the meteor or resulting fire.

The majority of strats have Nef tanked in the middle, giving your add tank the outside circle of the room. You coordinate with your Nef tank to avoid breaths and tail swipes, but doing it properly will let you kite and reset the adds indefinitely.

Tell the add tank not to back peddle, and not to constantly run around the room until 10 second spawns. You can side strafe and run at full speed while not exposing your back.

Quote Originally Posted by myndflame View Post
    No they do but for some reason no matter how fast they are moving they are always getting hit by the flame reseting them for another 50 secs
    Your tank is not moving in time or not moving fast enough. Adds need a few seconds to react and get far enough away from the meteor. I usually start moving 3 seconds before the meteor hits and just strafe away fast until I'm sure I'm out of range of the fire then dance a bit on the spot without adds spreading all around me then strafe again 3 secs before the next meteor.

Yes, make sure the tanks are moving 2-3seconds before the meteor is CAST. The reason for this is that the adds don't all instantly follow the tank once he starts moving. With a large amount of adds, a few will follow instantly but there will be a few stragglers that wait a second or two til they start to follow. Tell the tank(s) to use bigwigs and set the Shadowblaze timer to emphasize in the options. This gives you an audible countdown (from 5sec) as well as a visual countdown when shadowblaze is about to be cast.

The tank needs to either be in motion fulltime or they need to make sure they're in motion at least 2 seconds before shadowblaze is cast or you risk clipping the fire with a few adds each time.

+ Reply to Thread