+ Reply to Thread

Thread: so frost mages

so frost mages

everytime i look up frost mage info for pvp.i get less interested in actually playing frost in pvp

i guess the thing is,im just used to keybinding my main abilties and clicking things like buffs and cooldowns.but ive heard you shouldnt click skills when you pvp as frost

but is frost the only viable pvp spec for a mage.cuz im thinkin about just goin frost and trying to anyway and if i get steamrolled then spec something else(considering ive yet to actually try frost in pvp).cuz i dont know,frost mages looked pretty fun in pvp i guess its just that im used to keybinding my main abilties and clicking things like cooldowns and buffs

or could i do that and still suceed pvping as frost.im only really planning on doing bgs

although,now that i actually have did a bg as frost.how is your suvivability at higher lvls,because i seem to get smashed right now(or is this because im used to playing plate classes in pvp or feral druids and not cloth wearing classes) but yeah.im like,lvl 12 in quest greens and the only boa i have is the chest.if its pretty much the same now at higher lvls though it seems pretty fun
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 05-15-2011 at 06:16 PM.

If you are going to learn how to PvP you will need to get used to getting splatted until you learn how to do it right.

but ive heard you shouldnt click skills when you pvp as frost
    I'm going to take flak for this, but I'm going to go out and say that if you rely on clicking stuff, you are going to be losing a lot if you are up against players that use keybinds for everything. But like I said, if you want to learn how to PvP as any class or specc you are going to be standing at the spirit healer for a while.

On a totally unrelated note: you might want to read your posts through before hitting submit, your second paragraph doesn't really make much sense.

I'm going to take flak for this, but I'm going to go out and say that if you rely on clicking stuff, you are going to be losing a lot if you are up against players that use keybinds for everything.
    the only stuff i click are stuff like frost nova,evocation,water elemental,etc.i keybind my main abilities.i seem to do fine pvping with other classes doing that though
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 05-15-2011 at 06:57 PM.

I wouldnt reccomend clicking things that a second or 2 difference can mean life or death such as frost nova or ice block but for things like int buff, evocate ect. i dont see too much harm in it although like said before when you run up against those who have basically everything they will ever use keybind your most likely gonna have some trouble. and to answer your other questions, frost's survivability definately spikes upward at higher levels but it requires a much more hands on approach to surviving than most plate classes because frost mages require you to use things like ice barrier, frost nova, freeze, mage ward ect. to keep damage to a minimum, letting a rouge have at you in melle range with no shield and youll end up dead very fast but, as a frost mage you will be able to kill most melle classes without too much trouble seeing as you should be able to keep them from staying in melle range for very long quite easily. and no, frost is not the only viable pvp spec but it is currently regarded as the best due to its high mobility and survivablity, but for BG's arcane works quite nicely too as long as your able to stand and nuke for the most part. (wouldn't reccomend trying arcane till high lvl though)

but for BG's arcane works quite nicely too as long as your able to stand and nuke for the most part. (wouldn't reccomend trying arcane till high lvl though)
    ya,i guess this comes from being used to playing melee dps but im not normally used to standing in 1 place and dpsing.im normally moving around when i dps trying to avoid bad stuff
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 05-15-2011 at 08:26 PM.

so frost mages

Yeah I play frost on my Mage for pvp and it is a lot of fun and you won't have much problems in random BGs ESPECIALLY against melee. I am a clicker and I always will be and I have no problems in BGs. Now I do have some things keybound to my mouse like silence, elemental freeze, and bubble but my main casts I click. Your biggest problem is that your lvl 12. Low lvl pvp is not balanced at all. It gets closer the higher tier you get into though.

+ Reply to Thread