+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm in heroics, but I want to raid. Any tips?

I'm in heroics, but I want to raid. Any tips?

Hello Tankspot. Rune here from Earthen Ring. I was looking to start raiding and once I get my helmet upgraded, enchants, and gems I should be stat ready to go. I plan on researching the various bosses in raiding but I'm not quite sure how to get into the raids. I am not in a raiding guild due to the fact that I am in my best friends guild. I don't want to leave. Would anyone have any suggestions for me as to how to present myself into the raiding community and hopefully join some raids?

If you're not going to join a raiding guild, your best best it probably find guilds that are still working through normal mode that is looking for pugs and become an 'honory' member. See if you can commit to their raid times and be part of their raiding team as a friend of the guild.

Then you don't have to pug every week and they have someone else to ask to join them before pugging.

My previous guild did this. Our guild leader had several people like this he would call on as we struggled to fill 10 slots.

Short of apping to a raiding guild, this might be your best bet.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I tried this a little but so far it hasn't been a huge success.. Leaving the guild however huge success.

Quote Originally Posted by Contravene View Post
    I tried this a little but so far it hasn't been a huge success.. Leaving the guild however huge success.
    Yeah, I tried this too as the WoLK guild I was in withered on the vine, but in the end I moved all my toons, except one, to the guilds where I was raiding as a friend. The issue with raiding as a filler is, if guild membership goes up, you run the risk of losing your raid spot.

The downside of pugs (and there are many), is that until the pug world well out gears the raids you'll go maybe 4/12 i.e. Marrowgar, Omitron, Hylfus and V&T (well maybe V&T, too many "pay attention" mechanics to make it a slam dunk). Forget pugging Throne, while it's not that difficult, the "die to stupid" factor is immense.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Yeah, I tried this too as the WoLK guild I was in withered on the vine, but in the end I moved all my toons, except one, to the guilds where I was raiding as a friend. The issue with raiding as a filler is, if guild membership goes up, you run the risk of losing your raid spot.

The downside of pugs (and there are many), is that until the pug world well out gears the raids you'll go maybe 4/12 i.e. Marrowgar, Omitron, Hylfus and V&T (well maybe V&T, too many "pay attention" mechanics to make it a slam dunk). Forget pugging Throne, while it's not that difficult, the "die to stupid" factor is immense.
    Marrowgar's pretty much a slam dunk, considering he's tier 10's first boss.

The only true slam dunk in Tier 11 for a PuG I think is Halfus. After that, there's a bit more coordination necessary. If you have good parasite kiters/killers and chain people who aren't brain dead, Magmaw is easy. But I can imagine Omni being tough in a PuG, and V+T worse. I think Maloriak would probably be easier in a PuG than V+T to be honest.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Maloriak? Maybe. I could see it, if they coordinate the interrups and dps the adds on green phase.

I said Thorne, I meant Conclave - which is normal since I always fly to Throne when I go to Conclave (yes, I know it's the one on the right....)

+ Reply to Thread