+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: so firelands is on the ptr?

I'm fairly sure that the OP has no first hand experience of 'melee unfriendly' raid encounters and is just repeating noises people make on forums
    whatever you say

i guess my raid experiance must mean nothing,i mean.ive only seen everything current content besides nefarian on normal.but ok,your right i dont have any expierance

this is 10 man though,my guild doesnt do 25 mans
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 05-15-2011 at 04:46 PM.

There are no fights on normal mode that can't be done with more than 2 melee in the group. Cho'gall could get interesting with the add spawns, but there are no fights that I would consider un-doable. The few bosses which forced stacking of ranged dps to beat them were changed (heroic ascendant council for example killed your melee in seconds with chain lightnings until it was changed) so that those mechanics would choose a ranged target if one existed.

That being said, you can't expect to turn up with a totally wonky setup and expect to win. Fights on 10 man are designed with a 2/3 split in mind; this is evidenced by the presence of mechanics like interrupts on spells cast every 6 or 12 seconds, together with stuff that is better when taken by a player at range (magmaw lava pillars, maloriak iceblocks, the magical explosions at V&T etc).

Which fights in particular would you say favour ranged dps so much that taking melee would be a detriment to the progress of the raid?

Which fights in particular would you say favour ranged dps so much that taking melee would be a detriment to the progress of the raid?
    Well, we often have 4 Melees and 1 ranged in our 10man group and it can be a pain in the ass on some fights. Its not like they are impossible but it is a lot harder. ODS heroic, Maloriak heroic, Atramedes heroic, Cho'gall heroic come to mind for example.

Whereas having 4 ranged and just 1 melee won´t be a disadvantage in any fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    Well, we often have 4 Melees and 1 ranged in our 10man group ... Whereas having 4 ranged and just 1 melee won´t be a disadvantage in any fight.
    Probably the best point made in this whole thread. It shouldn't be about is it easier for a single dpser to do his job as melee or ranged but how mechanics dictate which classes you invite to the raid especially during progression to give your raid the best chance to win.

+ Reply to Thread