+ Reply to Thread

Thread: solo raids for gold as warrior

solo raids for gold as warrior

hey,
    I think about solo some raids to raise the "loot xxx gold" - counter but I am unsure about what raids are soloable as a warrior and where you get some profit. I remember that all the karazhan bosses and magtheridon only drop ~5g anymore.

doens anyone of you solofarm old content for gold? do you use a special specc for it?
    German guy, speaking bad english :/

A solo run through MC will net you about 500gold before you take into account additional profit made from items sold on the AH. As a prot warrior, this takes me about an hour to do, but I'm only really doing it for the rep from bosses, otherwise I probably wouldn't bother.

You can just run with a regular dps specc, fury (including blood craze) provides all healing you'll ever need. If you really want to you can bring two weapons with mending but no to fancy specc required.

With ZG/ZA revamped and Magtheridon neutered you can't farm them any longer for lots of money/mount/pets so Molten Core is the only raidinstance left noteworthy. You can solo any tbc and some wrath dungeons if you still need reputation, but if you're in need of gold just level a DK (only 5 level until you can fly around in Azeroth) with mining and herbalism all the way through 85.

If you're decently geared, you can even start soloing through Cata dungeons on normal mode. I think the payoff for 20mins work in the early trash of Vortex Pinnacle was around 100gold + drops, but you'd make that just doing dailies.

Tbh - soling stuff - old raids, old heroics, is for fun, rep and particular items than any real fiscal reward.

As simple as it sounds the best way to save gold is not to spend it. I try and do the TB dailys, cooking, JC, and fishing everyday. Then I use my Chimera's eye from the JC daily and sell it. If I have time I jump on my hunter to skin and sell stacks of that. I'm not sure soloing for gold is the best method, but I don't know everything.

Sounds to me like the OP is looking for the achievements: "loot xxx gold". Are there any better places than raid/dungeons to solo?

Re: solo raids for gold as warrior

I've solo'd a lot of old raids, including most of naxx, but I never left an instance with more profit than from the BoT trash runs -- and I mean from loot gold alone, not including what I've made selling any BoE drops. Plus, it's quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexisaide View Post
    Sounds to me like the OP is looking for the achievements: "loot xxx gold". Are there any better places than raid/dungeons to solo?
    thats all about, I don't need rep (have all 59 possible factions on exalted) and I don't really need gold (got something above 40.000k that's enough for me) - it's all about the "got my mind on money" acm and so about the "loot xxx gold from monsters" - and so boe epics or soldable itmes doesn't count - only gold loot.

I did Keal'thas in TK with two other guys last week and each of us lootet 150g from him - so I did ask myself: are there any other bosses I can solo who gut a nice "lootreward" (in terms of gold lootet)

As I am a prot warrior I could also go call-to-arms-heroics and get 60+ gold from the satchel: including about 1h+ wiping with idiots in "we do this dungeon in 15-20min when in a guild-group"-heroics

So I asked myself: are there nice bosses with lots of money I can solo quicker (or as least without so much frustration an idiots) to "loot xxx gold" or do I have to go for the satchels?

Hope this makes thread more clearer
    German guy, speaking bad english :/

Does victory rush work off any level mob kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbeez View Post
    Does victory rush work off any level mob kill?
    Nope. Only those that give you experience or honor (so level 81 or higher? and not even all of those, all of trash mobs, I'm looking at you pit vipers in HoO don't as well).

If you're going for loot gold, my guess would be dungeons would be the way to go since they nerfed TBC raid boss gold drops. Any normal wrath dungeon would probably be the best time investment? Somehting with a lot of adds, maybe PoS trash farming (and hey, maybe a battered hilt to sell), that has a large concentration of trash that was soloable by DKs and Pallys (and should be with others now) back in Wrath.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

+ Reply to Thread