+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Windwalk.

Windwalk.

Is there a way to measure the Windwalk weapon enchant uptime during a boss encounter?
    need to log the fight and upload it to world of logs?

thanks in advance.

Re: Windwalk.

I haven't been impressed with windwalk procs myself. I found this on wowace but I haven't tried it myself:

Proculas

ok, downloaded...will try it then post notes about uptime on next week's BoT & BwD runs.

thanks again.

According to our logs, windwalk has roughly a 50% uptime for a prot warrior. I'd say that's pretty damn good.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

~35% uptime on single target, way higher (50%+ possible) on multitarget fights like Halfus, Maloriak and Nef.

Likewise. I'm getting 36% on straight up single target tank and spank, and the close to 60% uptime on multi target fights

Here is a log of our latest raid: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-enjj7aqxfbcsl8k8/

Edit: ah, wait. Only had Windwalk for the Nefarian fight in the end.

38% Uptime when only tanking Onyxia

I'd say that's good, better than any other alternative, imo.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Understatement of the year considering the only viable alternatives are the weapon chain (40 hit, yuck) and Mending (does maybe 100-200 HPS). Windwalk is amazing!

thanks everyone for the information...haven't managed to make Proculas to meassure Windwalk and Landslide. Will try tonight (1st raid day of the week) with logging everything on WoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebadoh View Post
    Understatement of the year considering the only viable alternatives are the weapon chain (40 hit, yuck) and Mending (does maybe 100-200 HPS). Windwalk is amazing!
    Well the alternative is landslide for more threat, but I personally think that's ridiculous.

Which is about 500static AP averaged.... or approximately 200dps. Ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Well the alternative is landslide for more threat, but I personally think that's ridiculous.
    Unless your best 1-hand pure tanking option is a 353 and you've decided with DPS pulling 25k+ on non-gimmick fights that your best SMF weapon is better XD

But 35% uptime of what, ~3% dodge after DR (+/- a little depending on gear levels), magically delicious at least compared to anything my warrior is used to from Wrath....
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

So you all think Windwalk > Mending? If so, it's worth replacing Mending on my Pally and Warrior (well when the Warrior gets a good weapon)?

I know i do... 30% uptime 600 dodge (2%?) and move increase would likely prevent more damage then the small hps from mending (200hps from my logs if i well remember - 1 word of glory gave more then the entire fight worth of mending)..

Another point about the 600 dodge, which would be a maximum or 600/179 = slighlty over 3% to a more likely ~2.6+% ish (assuming you start with 1500 dodge rating already which is an amount I'm just pulling out of a hat)...

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ng+diminishing

... is that it moves to that much closer to unhittible when it's up, and if it's up when you hit SB, it's that much more block that's pushed into crit block. And since unhittible is valuable, even if the attacks aren't dodged because of that it does help slightly in smoothing out incoming damage as well, both outside, but also inside SB usage.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I was tanking on my Pally with http://www.wowhead.com/item=63533, but picked up
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=59521 last night in our normal run and put Windwalk on it, going to give it a try when I get home from work today. I actually liked the Twilight Fang.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebadoh
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon
    Blade Ward is a decent option for a main tank that just starts doing normal modes. Its effectiveness (i.e. time-averaged avoidance, not raw uptime) is about one third of Windwalk's. Too bad that that it scales poorly (read : inversely) in multi-target situations, making it rather pointless for off-tanking.

And yes, BW is still 1 PPM. We've tested it, @85, during 4.0.6a.

+ Reply to Thread