This thread has helped a lot, Thanks alot!
Post your interface as a download!
I genuinely dont like hard casing lava burst. as soon as i can get another agi weapon im going to drop the eye like its hot.
This thread has helped a lot, Thanks alot!
Post your interface as a download!
Last edited by Myrzen; 08-30-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Since I mentioned t12-related gear earlier and DIDN'T mention "starter" gear you can grab (if you have the cash/professions):
BoEs from Leatherworking:
- Dragonkiller Tunic isn't bad, has mastery on it, can reforge the haste out to hit/exp and the mats are relatively cheap if you can find a LW (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=78490).
- Corded Viper Belt is quite nice, and also relatively cheap (depending on life prices) (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=78463).
- Earthen Scale Sabatons are second best in slot (after the heroic Baleroc boots), though expensive to have made (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=99455).
- Dragonfire Gloves are also pretty spiffy...but you can get gloves from valor or BH and they're quite expensive (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=99443).
- Hide-bound Chains are upgradable with a Firestone, but the 378 version aren't as nice as the next item in the list.
- Bracers of Forked Lightning are the better 378 option, but probably a bit more expensive since they're the valor ones and the Hide-bound chains drop a lot.
- Moccasins of Verdurous Glooms are pretty decent, and probably cheap, but the Hyjal boots (below) are better.
- Don Rodrigo's Fabulous Necklace is not bad, but probably a bit pricey.
- Gilnean Ring of Ruination isn't bad (again), but pretty rare.
- Darkmoon Card: Hurricane is pretty decent even though it no longer scales with mastery and should be relatively cheap these days.
- Unheeded Warning is shockingly mediocre, but the price should have dropped since they nerfed it for ferals and rogues.
- Maimgor's Bite is about as good as it gets...should serve you well until you get a Firelands weapon.
- Claws of Torment are ok...the same as the Nef axe, really...adequate, but not great stats.
- Treads of Malorne are perfectly itemized and only require a rep grind (most of which you can do by doing the full Hyjal quest chain, which you should anyway, because there are quite a few good options available from the Molten Front dailies too) and a small amount of cash.
- Terrath's Signet of Balance is pretty amazing for a blue and basically comes free with the shoulder rep.
- Unsolvable Riddle is not bad, but requires a lot of rep grinding with your faction's BH rep and a ton of marks...not bad if you've got nothing else to do, though.
- There are a few other mediocre blues you can get from rep (hyjal neck, dragonmaw helm), but they're pretty mediocre.
Molton Front vendor/quest items:
- Deadly Bio-optic Killshades require a lot of different mats, but they're not terribly expensive, all in all (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=81716).
- Quicksilver Alchemist Stone is not bad, with 351 agility and crit as the second stat...the potion bonus won't be that useful (since you should be Tol'vir potting), but even so, the stats are nice.
- Mantle of Doubt is amazing, and is rewarded for simply doing the Thrall quest that starts in Hyjal (actually, I suppose technically it starts on the dude by the portal to Hyjal).
- Ricket's Magnetic Fireball is pretty good, better than anything else you can buy (not counting Fluid Death, from JP), availble once you open up the armory.
- Matoclaw's Band is quite nice and available quite early in the Molten Front story.
- Band of Glittering Lights is less good than Matoclaw's, but still essentially "free", for opening the Moonwell.
- Relic of Elune's Shadow is AMAZING and also available from opening the Moonwell.
- Lancer's Greaves are pretty mediocre and considering your BoE/Rep options, probably not worth the bother, available from the Ancients vendor.
- Coren's Chilled Chromium Coaster is pretty mediocre. The proc is on crit only and has a 60s ICD, best case scenario is 1/6 uptime, more likely is 1/7 meaning it's probably in the 570-666 AP range (which is significantly less valuable than agi...) for an average. Crit is a mediocre stat but it obviously can be reforged. Again, easily worse than Fluid Death and almost certainly worse than Ricket's too.
- Tremendous Tankard O' Terror is about as good as it gets for us outside of Firelands...the stats are sub-optimal, but the fact that it's a mace will make dwarves in particular happy. Reforge the haste into something good (hit/exp/mastery) and go to town. Get two, if you can.
Last edited by Ion; 09-20-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Brewfest
Quick question regarding trinkets, I have the Fluid Death and Key to the Endless chamber. It might be awhile before I can even get a chance on getting the trinket from rag. However, I am very close to being revered with Avengers of Hyjal ( so Molten Seed ) which I plan on getting, and 1 day away from opening up another vendor ( In which I would be opening the armory one. ).
I guess in short Would a Rickets trinket and Molten seed combo be ideal or would molten seed and fluid death be better suited.
thanks in advance,
It's Ancient Petrified Seed.
As to the question, I'm confused how Ricket's is even a 365 trinket:
Fluid Death has (essentially) 380 static agi + 321 stats (hit or hit + expertise or hit + mastery) as opposed to Ricket's 340 static agi and 1700 crit on with a 1/6 uptime (283 average).
I'd suggest that Fluid Death is clearly superior. If you want to be positive, you could always sim it, but I don't really see a case where Ricket's would be better.
Thanks for the speedy reply, I know it seemed cut and dry. But I didn't know if there was any situational gains to it.
and Whoops on the molten seed LOL... was thinking molten front when I was trying to remember the ricket's trinkets name.
Last edited by Myrzen; 09-19-2011 at 05:30 PM. Reason: lol molten seed D:
Updated the "starter gear" list to include the Brewfest items of interest.
i have to quit raiding in the next few months Ion. If you want to take this over, please feel free to write a new guide and get this one un-stuck.
- enhancement, 2p -- while you have any stacks of maelstrom weapon, your lightning bolt, chain lightning, and healing spells deal 20% more healing or damage.
- enhancement, 4p -- your feral spirits have a 45% chance to grant you a charge of maelstrom weapon each time they deal damage.
This sucks. i like the 2 set.. but the 4 set is just.. awful. I hate hard casting LvB as it is. i dont want to be more of a caster enhance. get this away from me.
But yeah, I agree, if I wanted to play elemental I'd play elemental.
Just throwing this out there. But doesnt the 2 set bonus reinforce enhance using a caster main hand? This is assuming there will be a viable mace/axe for us to use.
they havent released any class changes yet.. but my god this tier set is looking to be terrible. i hope they do something else with this.
Using Ions idea of a stacking buff to LB and healing spells with MW procs would be good for the 2 set bonus.
For the 4 set bonus, id like to see storm strike buffed thru it. im not sure how, i havent thought of anything yet. But we need an incentive to use two agi weapons.
But yeah...I can't see any way that this isn't just reinforcing the idea that SP weapons are GOOD for enhance. Which is just a TERRIBLE idea...they've specifically stated that they DON'T want that to be the norm, and then they throw out set bonuses which don't support it at all. I certainly don't want to be a caster...it's not like I don't have the opportunity, if I did. obQQer: I wonder if they have anyone left who has any idea how the class/spec even works, at this point. This is such a blatant and clear deviation from their stated goals for enhancement.
The 4pc makes sense, despite devouring GCDs at an alarming rate, which in turn validates the 2pc (20% bonus to LBs at a VERY rapid MW5 isn't too shabby). I actually redid my off spec and went elemental rather than resto. It's a giant pile of crap right now since I'm running mostly resto gear, but it's fun. Not nearly as fun as beating bosses in the face with giant beer steins, but a suitable distraction that also cuts down on the altaholism by lessening the urge to play my mage. I think their intent was to lessen the amount of time we sit waiting for attacks to come off cd by encouraging more LBs. I hate the idea of hard-casting LB though. Rather wait for 3+ stacks so that at worst it takes a GCD to get the cast off, and I can hit the next attack to come available. Also, I don't think this is going to validate switching to a SP weapon at all since the majority of our damage is still going to come from melee-based strikes (LL, WF, SS), despite the amount of LBs they want us throwing. After all, just because it got buffed 20% doesn't mean we really need to change anything. Just means we hit a smudge harder when we DO chuck a bolt.
Last edited by Charon; 09-27-2011 at 06:47 AM. Reason: More stuffs!
no, its trash. Im already getting more MW procs than i know what to do with, all this will do is take earth shock out of the rotation.The 4pc makes sense, despite devouring GCDs at an alarming rate, which in turn validates the 2pc (20% bonus to LBs at a VERY rapid MW5 isn't too shabby).
- Flametongue Weapon: Imbue the Shaman's weapon with fire, increasing magical total spell damage done by 5%. 747. Each hit causes 99.3 to 305.8 additional Fire damage, based on the speed of the weapon. Slower weapons cause more fire damage per swing. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Lava Lash: You charge your off-hand weapon with lava, instantly dealing 260% 200% of that weapon's damage to an enemy target. Damage is increased by 40% if your off-hand weapon is enchanted with Flametongue.
- Mental Quickness: Increases your spell power is now by an amount equal to 55% 50% of your attack power, and you no longer benefit from other sources reduces the mana cost of spell power. Also, your instant beneficial, damaging, and totem spells cost 75% less mana. by 75%.
- Stormstrike: Instantly strike an enemy with both weapons, dealing 225% weapon damage and granting increasing any Nature damage you an additional 25% chance deal to critically strike that enemy with your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lightning Shield, and Earth Shock spells target by 25% for 15 sec.
- Stormstrike Off-Hand: Instantly strike an enemy with both weapons, dealing 225% weapon damage and granting increasing any Nature damage you an additional 25% chance deal to critically strike that enemy with your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lightning Shield, and Earth Shock spells target by 25% for 15 sec.
- Improved Lava Lash: Increases the damage of your Lava Lash ability by 15%, and by an additional 10% for each application of your applications of Searing Flames on the target, consuming them those applications in the process, and causes your Lava Lash to spread your Flame Shock from the target to up to four enemies within 12 yards. process.
- Improved Lava Lash: Increases the damage of your Lava Lash ability by 30%, and by an additional 20% for each application of your applications of Searing Flames on the target, consuming them those applications in the process, and causes your Lava Lash to spread your Flame Shock from the target to up to four enemies within 12 yards. process.
- Unleashed Rage: Increases your expertise by 4, and increases all party and raid members' attack power by 10% and ranged attack power by 5% while within 100 yards of the Shaman.
- Unleashed Rage: Increases your expertise by 8, and increases all party and raid members' attack power by 20% and ranged attack power by 10% while within 100 yards of the Shaman.
the major change here is the change to mental quickness... cant say for sure because its worded oddly.. but it looks like we cant get spell power from any source but mental quickness. IE, no spell power weapons..
while i kinda like this.. right now i have no agi axe on my shaman, and its not looking to good that i will anytime soon.
No Agi axe? Using that Frost DW one-hander? The stats make me drool on behalf of my retired DK, but it sounds like you'd be better off with a couple tankards of terror. Unless of course there's something I missed that fundamentally boils down to "Spacegoat shammy using axes hits like a truck". I admit the tankard doesn't itemize really well, but reforging out of haste should make it sparkle if not shine. Am I wrong?
im using the eye, and gatecrasher. BiS at the moment. soon to be shit
Once 4.3 comes out caster weapons will be out of the question...
"We changed Mental Quickness and Flametongue Weapon to hopefully put a nail in the coffin of Enhancement shaman using spellpower weapons. We want Enhancement using melee weapons. Players who have been doing so should notice no change in their DPS. Players who have been using caster weapons or armor will find that gear is no longer useful to them."
thats why i said they will soon be shit. Not that i care anymore. im done with wow. someone else (ion) can take this over.Once 4.3 comes out caster weapons will be out of the question...