+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cataclysm Enhance Shaman Guide

command now states Command, so it doesnt effect our pets. that would be OP (totems are pets as well)

i do mention that you should heal yourself. ill put that in tho.

i will mention the rest.

edit-all changes made.
    Last edited by squats; 05-12-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    command now states Command, so it doesnt effect our pets. that would be OP (totems are pets as well)

i do mention that you should heal yourself. ill put that in tho.

i will mention the rest.

edit-all changes made.
    I'm almost positive it was actually in patch notes that it affects Spirit wolves...yeah, in 3.1 it was mentioned...I don't see any place where it's mentioned that it DOESN'T work on Spirit wolves again. Totems aren't pets, they're well they're totems...and the elementals are guardians (I think)...so yeah it probably doesn't work on them. But I'm pretty sure it still works on the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    I'm almost positive it was actually in patch notes that it affects Spirit wolves...yeah, in 3.1 it was mentioned...I don't see any place where it's mentioned that it DOESN'T work on Spirit wolves again. Totems aren't pets, they're well they're totems...and the elementals are guardians (I think)...so yeah it probably doesn't work on them. But I'm pretty sure it still works on the wolves.
    Looked into it, and yeah, it does increase SW damage. added

with the change to Fire nova (working of off flame shock rather than totems) is it worth using it on a free gcd? or should i not have any free gcds?

nice work on this squats...i might finally get around to leveling my shammy from 80 to 85 now.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Gryhm View Post
    with the change to Fire nova (working of off flame shock rather than totems) is it worth using it on a free gcd? or should i not have any free gcds?
    Only on AoE because it doesn't hit the target its cast on. The free GCD's are there pending "bad" maelstrom weapon procs.

Edited for 4.2

You should probably add the old 4.1 priority queue back in there for sub-4t12 people (which is everyone for now...and most people for quite a while).

1 ST_0 Searing Totem with 0 ticks remaining
    2 LL Lava Lash
    3 FS_UEF Flame Shock if the Unleash Flame buff is present
    4 MW5_LB Maelstrom Weapon x5 stacks + Lightning Bolt
    5 UE Unleash Elements
    6 SS Stormstrike
    7 ES Earth Shock
    8 SW Spirit Wolves
    9 ST Searing Totem (with x ticks remaining)

(Spiffy...that's a nice clean table.)

Meh, since I'm bored I figured I'd throw in some extra t12-related infos:

The 2 piece and 4 piece bonuses are AMAZING, and even better, the 4 piece actually works with the 2 piece...so get them ASAP...all that off-set/relic/whatever crap you think you want from VP, ignore it...get the 4 piece bonus as quickly as possible.

From the quick look around I've had, the legs are the piece you want to offset (to the Alysrazor legs), the shoulders, gloves and chest are all amazing in and of themselves and would easily be BiS even if they weren't part of the set. The helm is mediocre because it has haste, so if you think you're not apt to get the helm any time soon it's fine to offset the helm to the Shannox helm and just buy the legs with VP...which are meh because they don't have mastery.

There are only two agility weapons this tier (though "only" might not be the most appropriate word, since there was only ONE last tier): the Shatterskull Bonecrusher (and it's heroic counterpart) from Shannox and the Gatecrasher (and it's heroic counterpart) from Baleroc. Gatecrasher is better itemized, having expertise instead of haste, however both are significant upgrades over anything you'd have from t11. There's also the Eye of Purification (heroic), which MAY turn out to be extremely good...according to early simulations a spell power weapon would be a dps increase in full heroic t12 gear...the jury is still out on that however (especially given their answer in the AtD-DPS about enhance and spell power weapons).

In terms of not-set pieces, the AoH rep trinket is extremely good, and obviously the Matrix Restabilizer is BiS until you get the heroic version of it.

The Rhyolith cloak is amazing as well (two red sockets == the most agi you can get in that slot AND it's got the stats we want, as opposed to the rep cloak).

The AoH rep belt is...well your only option, so the fact that it's basically adequate works out.

The Decimation Treads off of Baleroc are ok and the heroic version would be BiS, but until you get the heroic ones, the Leatherworking ones are probably better...unless you REALLY need the hit.

The exalted AoH rep ring is clearly amazing...basically a "free" 391, but until then your only options are the VP ring and Widow's kiss from Beth'tilac (replace Widow's kiss with the rep ring).

The VP bracers are better than the BoE trash drop...but the trash boe seem to be upgradable w/a firestone whereas I don't see a way to upgrade the VP bracers, so I'm not sure which will end up better.

Due to raw stats the Rag neck is going to be best, but the VP neck isn't bad if you have the VP to spend.

There's only one choice for a relic, like last tier, you have to buy it with VP...thankfully it's quite better than the one last tier, and upgradable to 391 w/a firestone.

The only fault I can find is you misspelled healing rain. (You said healing raid). Very good!
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Alright. i put the old priority back up.
    How do you make tables? i dont like it that yours looks better than mine!

I should probably update the ovale code.. but i dont use it and i doubt any of you do.
    My UI is still not updated from my fury warrior UI.. probably will never get updated. They just take too much time to maintain.

Lets talk spell power weapons now.

I picked up Eye of Purification a few nights ago and iv been testing it out.

Things im noticing right off the bat. My lightning bolts and earth shocks will now crit at around the 20k mark, lightning bolt being slightly higher.

You will want to weave lava burst into your rotation. It does fit in very well if you do it right. you will want to cast it on your 1st, 3rd, 5th ect ect rotation. The rotations that do not use a lava burst can be used to refresh totems.

Never ever use lava burst if you let flame shock fall off, dont push any spells back so you can use lava burst more, and dont use unleash flame with lava burst unless you can do the following...

Because lava burst has a travel time, its possible to make it and flame shock double dip if youre very quick about it. Use UE, start to cast a lava burst (if and only if flame shock will not fall off in ~ 3 seconds) and as its casting, spam the everliving shit out of flame shock and flame shock will use unleash flame before lava burst hits the target (because spell damage is calculated on spell cast, not spell hit).

I got Eye of Purification and Gatecrasher (off the same boss!) last night, and was trying some things out...seems that casting Lava Burst ever is a DPS loss, at least until you get 4 piece, even with a SP weapon.

The 4 piece props up LvB damage enough to make it worth putting in your rotation, but until then it seems like it's a (small, to be sure) DPS loss to hard cast them unless you're out of melee already for whatever reason.

Also interesting to note that it's a slight DPS increase to put a MW2 LB at the end of your priority queue. I guess you're less apt to clip MW5 LBs and not wasting otherwise-empty time. So:

1 ST_0 Searing Totem with 0 ticks remaining
    2 LL Lava Lash
    3 MW5_LB Maelstrom Weapon x5 stacks + Lightning Bolt
    4 FS_UEF Flame Shock if the Unleash Flame buff is present
    5 UE Unleash Elements
    6 SS Stormstrike
    7 ES Earth Shock
    8 SW Spirit Wolves
    9 MW2_LB Maelstrom Weapon x2 stacks + Lightning Bolt
    10 ST Searing Totem (with x ticks remaining)

The Grammar police has arrived!!!

* Unless you're holding up two fighting gentlemen, it's still Dual Wield, not Duel!! (Specializations, Attributes)
    * Assume is with 2 's' (priority/rotation)
    * I can't believe you wrote "your" instead of "you're"!! (MW Talent as well as Chest enchant)
    * Jewelcrafting is missing it's second 'e'.
    * The plural of Wolf is Wolves, not Wolfs, you quoted Ion correctly, but wrote it wrong yourself (rotation/priority)
    * Some more minor stuff; typos & incorrect punctutions or lack of capital usage. You know, the stuff spell checkers are supposed to filter

Now that I have that out of my system...

* EP should save you 20 hit rating to be gemmed/geared for when you enchant correctly. (as said above) It also works on the mastery damage gained, thus the more mastery you have, the more powerful EP becomes.
    *As Weapon enchant you link Landslide, then simply state "Use Avalanche". I assume you wanted to tell people in which situation they're supposed to use Avalanche?
    * You forgot to mention the weapon they can use while gearing is http://www.wowhead.com/item=70158 (or atleast I assume you meant that one)

Alternatives for your weapon enchant macro would be:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Windfury Weapon; Flametongue Weapon
    /use [nomod] 16;17
    Would use WF on MH on normal use, FT on OH on any modifier (ctrl, shift, alt) down when you press/click it.

Or better yet:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousemaster
    /cast [button:1] Windfury Weapon; [button:2] Flametongue Weapon; [button:4] Frostbrand Weapon
    /use [button:1] 16;17
    Basicly does WF on MH on left click, FT on OH on right click and Frostbrand on OH on thumb-button click. #showtooltip doesn't work here as the game can't guess which button you click, but it does work for multiple enchants. Especially useful if you only need to slow something down during a single phase and switch back to full DPS later, won't need to cast WF first!

Other than the things above, very good guide, now go make me one for Elemental!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

I know there are a few mistakes in here right now. i just havent had the time to do a full scan and update everything that needs it. Iv been working on a new (better) version of the guide over on my website that i will copy over when its done.

http://gnb-guild.com/forum/viewthread/91/

So. Making an educated guess, im thinking that the 4 set is tied to the stormstrike debuff. If this is infact true, would it be a dps increase to change the rotation to something like this?

1. Searing totem ( 0 ticks left)
    2. StormStrike Debuff
    3. Lava Lash
    4. Lightning Bolt (Maelstrom weapon x5)
    5. Flame Shock (with Unleash weapon buff)
    6. Unleash Elements
    7. StormStrike
    8. Earth Shock
    9. Spirt wolfs
    10. Searing totem

The placement of stormstrike (7) is movable as im not exactly sure where it would be best to put it without simulating it, im just guessing.

As i absolutely hate using enhsim, could you sim this and post the results Ion.
    Last edited by squats; 08-09-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    So. Making an educated guess, im thinking that the 4 set is tied to the stormstrike debuff. If this is infact true, would it be a dps increase to change the rotation to something like this.

1. Searing totem ( 0 ticks left)
    2. StormStrike Debuff
    3. Lava Lash
    4. Lightning Bolt (Maelstrom weapon x5)
    5. Flame Shock (with Unleash weapon buff)
    6. Unleash Elements
    7. StormStrike
    8. Earth Shock
    9. Spirt wolfs
    10. Searing totem

The placement of stormstrike (7) is movable as im not exactly sure where it would be best to put it without simulating it, im just guessing.

As i absolutely hate using enhsim, could you sim this and post the results Ion.
    It's definitely always a DPS loss to not have it as your #1 priority after ST_0.

The best it came out using SS_0 as #2 and SS in some other place was putting it after FS_UEF and before UE...but it was still worse than just having it up top.

SS itself is actually pretty decent damage per execution...based on my last Baleroc parse it's (obviously) behind Lava Lash and pretty close to FS_UEF in terms of average damage per execution...significantly above UE and LB. Since it will buff UE AND FS_UEF, it makes sense to always have it up there.

I cant get a decent enough sim out of enhsim. idk what im doing wrong what no matter how i set this crap up it sims me at 20k or lower, when in game i do upwards of 30k. ill take your word on this! thanks.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...Shaman/?page=1

#10 at the time of this post.. no one uses enhance shamans do they.

So...anecdotal "evidence" time:

I went ahead and tried out double heroic Gatecrasher last night (I had been, as I mentioned, using the Eye of Purification in my main hand) and it was generally better. Now, I'm pretty bad about casting LvB, but that's largely because there's a lot of movement on basically every fight. Target dummy, stand and deliver fights (Domo (minimal movement, once you're "in" or "out"), Baleroc (unless you get brobeam) and perhaps Beth'tilac (in the burn phase, at least)) might favor a SP weapon because you can actually hard cast in them, but Shannox requires a lot of movement as do Rhyolith and Alysrazor, and Rag has the melee school lockout/interrupt which can get you locked out of flame shock and lava lash too.

But for me, even on the relatively simple, movement-wise, fights it was still an improvement to use agi axes. On Baleroc, for example, I did ~1600 more dps. Now some of that comes from doing the fight better (in fact, I expect most of it does), but 1600 dps seems significant enough for me to be comfortable with just sticking with the agi axes, even if it's just because I'm too gimp to do the spell power weapon rotation properly.

+ Reply to Thread