+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cataclysm Enhance Shaman Guide

Cataclysm Enhance Shaman Guide

Cataclysm Enhancement Shaman Guide
    Introduction
    the following thread is meant to be a beginners guide to enhancement shamans with intelligent discussion between players. Please do your research well before posting any theory crafting as to not confuse others with incorrect information, and keep the thread as civil as possible.

I will be updating this thread with my UI, and encounter specific tactics in the very near future.

Credit where credit is due
    Cataclysm Shaman FAQ by Slant
    Crit Cap Info
    Cochice, and everyone who discusses enhancement over at EJ
    Specializations
    This is what you get for specing enhance.
    Duel Wield
    Lava Lash
    Mental Quickness
    Primal Wisdom
    Enhanced Elements

Primary abilities in no particular order
    Lava Lash
    Flame Shock
    Lightning Bolt
    Unleash Elements - Look at weapon imbues to see what each one gives.
    Stormstrike
    Earth Shock
    Feral Spirit

Weapon Imbues
    I'm going to only cover the 2 you will be using while dpsing. The usefulness of each individual can be discussed in the thread on a per boss basis.

Windfury Weapon - Unleash elements effect: Unleash Wind

Flametongue Weapon - Unleash elements effect:
    Unleash Flame

The rotation (or priority.. whatever)
    1. Searing totem ( 0 ticks left)
    2. StormStrike
    3. Lava Lash
    4. Lightning Bolt (Maelstrom weapon x5)
    5. Flame Shock (with Unleash weapon buff)
    6. Unleash Elements
    7. Earth Shock
    8. Spirt wolfs
    9. Searing totem
    please.. this is not a rotation, its a priority. treat it as such.
    note - This is a best in slot rotation. it asumes you have the 4 set t12 bonus. please use the old 4.1 roation if you dont.
    nots - I will not cover spell caster weapons untill further testing is done to see just how good it is. I personaly have no plans on picking up the caster axe.

Old 4.1 priority (tier 11). Thanks Ion.
    1 ST_0 Searing Totem with 0 ticks remaining
    2 LL Lava Lash
    3 FS_UEF Flame Shock if the Unleash Flame buff is present
    4 MW5_LB Maelstrom Weapon x5 stacks + Lightning Bolt
    5 UE Unleash Elements
    6 SS Stormstrike
    7 ES Earth Shock
    8 SW Spirit Wolves
    9 ST Searing Totem (with x ticks remaining)

Attributes in order of importance
    Agility>hit(under spell cap)>expertise(under 26)>mastery>crit>more hit(up to duel wild cap)>>>>haste

Agility - Because the only way to get more agility than what is on your gear is to gem, gem for it as much as you can. you should be using reforging to get to hit/expertise caps.

Hit - Get your hit to the spell cap, or 1742 hit rating (1639 for draneis) asap
    "the spell cap!? i thought i was melee!"
    You are, but enhance shamans use a lot of spells in their rotation. Its very important that you get to spell cap.

Expertise - The cap for expertise is 26 (or 541 expertise rating). It has ZERO use after this, so try and get the cap spot on if at all possible, however, its always better to go slightly over than slightly under if you have to.

Mastery - Mastery increases the damage done by all fire, frost, and nature damage dealing spells by 2.5% per point of mastery

Crit - A lot of our crit is from agility, making crit rating feel very "meh"
    Crit caps will be discussed further down the page

Haste - Because the 30% haste buff was taken away, and also because of the unleash wind effect, haste is a very poor stat for enhance now.

Intellect - Will give spell crit and spell power. don't gear for this... ever

Strength - Gives 1 AP per point. its not worth gearing for. there is only one exception to this when you are gearing up in heroics.

Glyphing And Specing Your Enhance Shaman
    A talent calculator can be found here http://www.wowhead.com/talent#h
    Recommended spec -10/31/0
    Disclaimer - I realize that there are many ways to spec your enhance shaman. different specs will help with different fights. please read over all talents to see what will suit you best.

The talents (look at the talent calculator for individual ranks)
    Enhance Tree
    Tier 1
    Elemental Weapons - Increases damage from imbues and UE buffs.
    Focused Strikes - Increases stormstrike damage.
    Improved Shields - Increases damage done by static shock.
    Tier 2
    Elemental Devastation - I hear you like to crit so i gave you some crit with your crit.
    Flurry - Increases attack speed=more white swings=more maelstrom weapon/windfury weapon procs.
    Ancestral Swiftness - Very good talent. Allows us to enchant our boots with something other than run speed.
    Totemic Reach - Increases the range on all totems, good for some fights (nef/cho'gall) use as needed.
    Tier 3
    Toughness - Useless for PvE. There are already plenty of ways we can get out of movement slowing effects, and the stamina boost isn't needed.
    Stormstrike - Stormstrike is a core ability, get this.
    Static Shock - Gives lightning shield a reason to be. get this talent.
    Tier 4
    Frozen Power - Mainly a pvp talent
    Seasoned Winds - "Meh" is an order here. in almost every case, if you can interrupt a cast.. you should be interrupting it every time. there's no need for this talent in PvE
    Searing Flames - Will boost the damage of lava lash. Get this.
    Tier 5
    Earthen Power - This is a good PvP talent. But isn't very useful in PvE
    Shamanistic Rage - While this looks like a PvP talent, any damage you can get rid of is a plus. help your healers out and use this when you know big damage is incoming.
    Unleashed Rage - Gives a large amount of expertise, and AP, you need this in your life.
    Tier 6
    Maelstrom Weapon - Allows us to instant cast Lightning bolt and Chain lightning. You need this talent. Do not cast lightning bolt without having 5 stacks unless your at range.
    Improved Lava Lash - Increases the damage done by lava lash by a total of 90%. get this!
    Feral Spirit - Feral spirits are a blessing from god. They are our main dps CD and provide good utility. They are able to stun, taunt, and can clear snares.
    Elemental Tree
    Tier 1
    Acuity - Gives crit, but its important to get. spell crit is hard to come by.
    Convection - Pretty much worthless. Mana is never an issue.
    Concussion - Increases the damage done by lightning bolt, and chain lightning. A good talent to get.
    Tier 2
    Call of Flame - Increases the damage done by searing flames tick and fire nova. Good for AoE fights, alright for single target fights.
    Elemental Warding - Will help on some fights, but youre hard pressed to find room for it without sacrificing major dps.
    Reverberation - Reduces the cool down on shocks and wind shear. get this.
    Elemental Precision - Pretty much mastery that costs talent points. Its very "meh" tho. as the spirit counterpart is worthless.

Glyphs
    Individual preference is a major factor with glyphing. Enhancement shamans have a large number of "useful" glyphs, but a small amount of glyphs that increase DPS

Prime Glyphs
    Glyph of Lava Lash - This is a must have. the rest are yours to choose
    Glyph of Stormstrike
    Glyph of Feral Spirit
    Glyph of Windfury Weapon

Major Glyphs
    Many major glyphs are situational. Use your own judgment to choose what you want.
    Glyph of Chain Lightning
    Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem
    Glyph of Lightning Shield - This is a must have.
    Glyph of Ghost Wolf
    Glyph of Healing Stream Totem
    Glyph of Shamanistic Rage
    Glyph of Grounding Totem

Gemming

Meta Gem
    Agile Shadowspirit Diamond - The only one you should be using.

Gem sockets and their bonuses.
    Most socket bonuses are huge now, especially the socket bonus in helmet. You will want to obtain socket bonuses that give 10 agi, or in some cases, if the item has both a blue and a red socket and gives 10 mastery.

Red Gem - Delicate Inferno Ruby Note - Do not use expertise gems in red/yellow sockets!
    Yellow Gem- Adept Ember topaz
    Blue Gem - Glinting Demonseye, if you arnt hit capped, use Rigid Ocean Sapphire

Enchanting
    Head - Arcanum of the Ramkahn
    Shoulders - Greater Inscription of Shattered Crystal
    Cloak - Enchant Cloak - Major Agility
    Chest - Enchant Chest - Peerless Stats, if your poor 15 stats is fine
    Bracer - If under hit cap use Enchant Bracer - Precision. If your under the expertise cap use Enchant Bracer - Greater Expertise. Otherwise use Enchant Bracer - Agility
    Gloves - Enchant Gloves - Greater Mastery
    Belt - Ebonsteel Belt Buckle gotta get that extra agi gem!
    Legs - Dragonscale Leg Armor
    Boots - Enchant Boots - Major Agility
    Weapons - Enchant Weapon - Landslide. Use Enchant Weapon - Avalanche Avalanche scales with mastery, spell hit applies, and it can crit. Do not use hurricane, its horrible

Do not use run speed enchants, they dont stack with Ancestral Swiftness.

Weapon Selection
    There are only a handful of weapons in game right now that are good for enhance, You want to look for weapons with Agi, and slow speed (including your off hand), because flametongue weapon scales upwards with slow weapons.
    DONT USE DAGGERS.

Reforging and the Crit Cap
    Reforging
    This is the priority to use for reforging in order of what to get rid of first
    Extra Expertise>Haste>Extra Hit(over the spell cap)>Crit>>>>>>>>>Mastery
    Get your expertise and hit capped by getting rid of as much haste and crit as you can. Get rid of mastery only if you have to in order to get hit/expertise capped.

Crit Cap
    First things first. There are two kinds of attacks in WoW, Special attacks, and White auto attacks. The crit cap applies to white attacks only.

You can find the crit cap with this formula
    Maximum Critical Chance = (100% - (Glancing blows chance) – (Chance to be Dodged) - (Chance to be Parried) – (Chance to Miss))+4.8%
    Ill break it down a bit to help everyone understand.
    Glancing blow chance=24%
    Chance to dodge can be found under expertise on your character sheet
    Chance to be parried shouldn't matter here. set this to 0%
    Chance to miss can be found on your character sheet.
    the 4.8% represents crit suppression on boss level mobs.

This formula basically adds your chance to miss white swings, and the glancing blow chance (24%) and subtracts them from 100% to find your maximum white crit.

Consumables
    Flask - Flask of the Winds
    Potion - Potion of the Tol'vir
    Food - Skewered Eel

Professions
    In the end this is your choice. however some professions give better bonuses than others, namely Jewlcrafting.
    When using professions that give on use effects (such as engineering) be sure that you set up your macros correctly (see more info in the macro section)

Simulators
    Iv never been a huge fan of combat simulators. But i feel obligated to mention them here.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t82621-e...pdated_thread/ - The preferred tool for enhance.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t45421-e...nhance_thread/ - I don't like Rawr much. But its also here if you want it.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t81455-s...craft_shamans/

Interface
    "what do i need to have for enhance?!"
    I would recommend some sort of a threat meter, and a way to see totem timers easily, mainly for searing totem. Other than that you don't need anything.

Yet Another Totem Addon

If you are having a hard time with the rotation, for whatever reason, ovale spell priority can help you get use to it.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/ovale.aspx

i will be keeping an updated script for this mod in the post below this.

If you dont want to use this, but are still having issues with using abilities smartly, perhaps a cooldown line life ForteXorcist will help. it will display cool down durations from left to right on a timeline.

Macros
    I find it useful to make a macro for lava lash and spell casts (shocks and lightning bolt) to start auto attacking on use. This is helpful because, as you probably notice, ranged spells don't start auto attacking on casts, so if lava lash is on CD and you want to start with unleash elements or a shock, you will be standing there looking dumb until you use storm strike or lava lash, or remember to right click the target.

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast (spell name)

One button weapon imbues. Because im strapped for buttons on my UI.
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=5 Windfury Weapon, Flametongue Weapon;
    /castsequence reset=5 16, 17;

On use trinket/profession macros - When using a on use effect in a macro, be sure to put /use blah blah blah, BEFORE the spell your using. example

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast lava lash
    /use (glove name)
    /startattack
    This is bad, it will cast lava lash before using your synaps springs (or whatever), then it will start attacking.

Code:
    #showtooltip Lava Lash
    /use (gloves name)
    /startattack
    /cast lava lash
    This is good. it will use your gloves, then start attacking the closest mob, then use lava lash.

These are currently the only ones i use. Please feel free to add suggestions and i will put them here and credit the originator.
    Race Choices, for those of us who care to much about maxing dps.

Alliance
    Dwarf
    • Mace Specialization Pretty crappy, you will normally find yourself using either fist weapons, or axes. But if you are a pvper, go for it.

Draenei
    • Heroic Presence. This is the best way to go as alliance, this way you are able to get to hit cap just a bit faster, and reforge out of some more hit on BiS gear for other stats.

Horde
    Goblin
    • Rocket Barrage - This does crap for damage and is on the GCD, its okay for filler when you have nothing to do.. but that's all.
    • Time is Money. This to be quite honest.. sucks. Haste isn't good for us.

Orc
    • Axe Specialization - Because we reforge a lot of our hit, haste, or crit, into expertise, this is very valuable. Even if it is only 3 expertise.
    • Blood Fury - 1196 attack power is great, no explanation needed.
    • Command - Increased damage done by feral spirits.

Troll

• - Berserking - Haste, again, isnt all that great anymore.

Tauren
    • Nothing!
    Advanced tactics
    Ever get tired of bosses flying away from you, or doing some stupid ability that forces you out of range? Well here is an idea, keep your elemental abilities on your bar and use them!

A dead shaman does no damage, heal yourself (Or use healing raid to help everyone else) if your going to die, use shamanistic rage if you know you're going to take a lot of damage (Nef anyone?), and get the glyph of stoneclaw totem for single targeted damage (it doesn't work on AoE).

Bloodlust/Heroism Useage

Long story short, on most fights that dont have an enrage mechanic, you will want to use heroism/blood lust at the start of the fight. Mainly because all of your internal CDs will be up and you will ge a greater dps boost out of it.

On fights that do have a soft enrage or points where healing is very difficult, use bloodlust/heroism at that time, for obvious reasons.

Ending comment(s)
    I realize that there may be some mistakes here. any questions, concerns, or corrections may be debated here. Again, keep flaming to a minimum. You don't want kaz to land the banhammer on your face.
    Last edited by squats; 07-16-2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Updated for 4.2.Fixed the rotation, clarified details on crit cap, and added info to the macros section. more to come later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Since I mentioned t12-related gear earlier and DIDN'T mention "starter" gear you can grab (if you have the cash/professions):

BoEs from Leatherworking:Other BoEs:Rep BoPs:
    • Treads of Malorne are perfectly itemized and only require a rep grind (most of which you can do by doing the full Hyjal quest chain, which you should anyway, because there are quite a few good options available from the Molten Front dailies too) and a small amount of cash.
    • Terrath's Signet of Balance is pretty amazing for a blue and basically comes free with the shoulder rep.
    • Unsolvable Riddle is not bad, but requires a lot of rep grinding with your faction's BH rep and a ton of marks...not bad if you've got nothing else to do, though.
    • There are a few other mediocre blues you can get from rep (hyjal neck, dragonmaw helm), but they're pretty mediocre.
    Profession BoPs:Molton Front vendor/quest items:
    • Mantle of Doubt is amazing, and is rewarded for simply doing the Thrall quest that starts in Hyjal (actually, I suppose technically it starts on the dude by the portal to Hyjal).
    • Ricket's Magnetic Fireball is pretty good, better than anything else you can buy (not counting Fluid Death, from JP), availble once you open up the armory.
    • Matoclaw's Band is quite nice and available quite early in the Molten Front story.
    • Band of Glittering Lights is less good than Matoclaw's, but still essentially "free", for opening the Moonwell.
    • Relic of Elune's Shadow is AMAZING and also available from opening the Moonwell.
    • Lancer's Greaves are pretty mediocre and considering your BoE/Rep options, probably not worth the bother, available from the Ancients vendor.
    Last edited by squats; 09-07-2011 at 04:17 PM.

My Interface
    I may choose to upload my interface sometime in the near future. however i will tell you what addons i use now!

Addons Used
    ACB Cast Bar
    AZ Cast Bar
    Bartender 4
    Button Bin
    Button Facade (Darion)
    Chicchai
    Color Picker Plus
    dRecMap
    InspectFix
    KGPanels
    KLE
    Mapster
    MSBT
    Omen 3
    OmniCC
    OUF Brethren Raid Frames
    Prat 3.0
    Recount
    Reflux
    RSA (for the love of god use this)
    Satrina Buff Frames
    StatBlock DPS
    STUF (unit frames)
    Tidy Plates
    Tidy Plates - Quatre Theme
    TipTac
    nibChatTabs
    nibPointDisplay
    gBags.
    Last edited by squats; 05-12-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Great job!

Only one suggestion. I would add the addon "Shockandawe" for it's great timers, and a priority frame that helps maximize dps. It is a great trainer for newer Enhance Shamans.
    Jesus loves you seriously big time. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across the oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees.. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/email

Couple things:

I like 3/3 Elemental Precision more than I like the reduced cooldown on shocks/shear. I've found it to be a dps increase to use 3/3 Elemental Precision and 0/2 Reverberation.

As far as enchants go: Enchant Bracer - Agility is best...unless you're a LW and can use Draconic Embossment - Agility.

Also, I'd not really recommend getting anything that's not agility as far as socket bonuses go. Agility is BY FAR our best stat...it's more than twice as good as even mastery and more like 4x as good as crit and haste (and hit past the spell hit cap, which is why the 22 Agility back enchant is still the best even though there's a 65 crit enchant).

You always want to socket Agility as much as you can because that's really the only way to get more...you really never want to gem hit or mastery unless you're getting an agility socket bonus. And you really never want to gem expertise at all...you should be reforging to it (since you won't be getting it on gear...ever...thanks hunters). It is a good glove enchant too since under the cap it's your best secondary stat.

Im unsure if 2% extra fire and nature damage will be better than 1 second off the CD of your shocks. I find myself with downtime a lot even with it. I will look into it tho.
    You are correct about the bracer enchant. ill fix it.

I personaly think mastery is worth socketing for if the color combination is yellow+red or if you are under hit cap, red+blue. Especially if the socket bonus will give you an extra point of mastery (example would be if youre just under the amount needed for 16 mastery.)

As far as expertise goes, i agree completely unless youre simply unable to get to cap for some odd reason (it should never happen). The guide does give gems you should be using. but ill note that expertise shouldn't be used in a socket.

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    Im unsure if 2% extra fire and nature damage will be better than 1 second off the CD of your shocks. I find myself with downtime a lot even with it. I will look into it tho.
    You are correct about the bracer enchant. ill fix it.

I personaly think mastery is worth socketing for if the color combination is yellow+red or if you are under hit cap, red+blue. Especially if the socket bonus will give you an extra point of mastery (example would be if youre just under the amount needed for 16 mastery.)

As far as expertise goes, i agree completely unless youre simply unable to get to cap for some odd reason (it should never happen). The guide does give gems you should be using. but ill note that expertise shouldn't be used in a socket.
    Mastery isn't step-wise.

As to EP vs Reverb, I did both sims and real boss testing and found EP to be more dps (plus you get 15/20 spell hit "free" when you enchant your chest)...depending on your gear YMMV, I suppose. Mine's pretty good and I already have a lot of mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Mastery isn't step-wise.

As to EP vs Reverb, I did both sims and real boss testing and found EP to be more dps (plus you get 15/20 spell hit "free" when you enchant your chest)...depending on your gear YMMV, I suppose. Mine's pretty good and I already have a lot of mastery.
    I changed the spec to reflect this.

as far as the gemming goes. My gut is telling me that 30 mastery and 20 agi would be better than 40 agi. but ill look into it in a bit, when i have time.
    Last edited by squats; 05-09-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Great job!

Only one suggestion. I would add the addon "Shockandawe" for it's great timers, and a priority frame that helps maximize dps. It is a great trainer for newer Enhance Shamans.
    I use PowerAuras. You can set the same alerts, and any other class or alert or Cd you can possibly think of. Also sets sounds, I have it yell BAM when my MW hits 5.

I've been back and forth between Ele and Enhance since BC. As a person who has always played a RDPS or Healer I have what I call "meleephobia" because it's not where I'm used to being. That said - For Cata I went back Enhance to overcome it.
    Ive never been a "cookie cutter" lover either, I like to read the talents, figure how they work together with spells and other talents etc. It was while doing this I cam across Frozen Power (2/2 10% more LB/CL damage to targets affected by frostbrand, If i FrShk something I "chains of ice" it) - generally regarded as a PvP talent. I thought to myself... "hmmm, so that means an extra 10% damage for my MW proc, even in an AoE situation when I use CL". Now I know that WfW has been the go to FOREVER for PVE, I mean who doesn't want 3 more hits with added AP? But.... with Masery our Elemental damage is increased, and everytime I hit something with my main hand I'm doing Frost damage... thats increasing with my mastery. I can also use a faster weapon in my main hand so I'm doing it more often, the amount doesn't go down because it doesn't scale with weapon speed like FtW - even with a slower weapon it's decent. I've actually found that when I think I'm crazy and go back to cookie cutter, I lose damage and dps. Also, when I UE, I'm doing frost and fire damage. AND I'm slowing my targets, which means they hit the tank slower, and it's less for a healer to heal so it helps out overall. If my target is a scout- as we see now in the dungeons, I can hit it, then FrShk it, and it's locked in place as it runs away. So this talent has proven pretty useful. The 10% to CL on an AoE situation is nice since... we're AoE Challenged ATM. If someone else wants to test this and tell me I'm not just imagining things, I'd appreciate it :-P

I also noticed that as AWESOME as Landslide is, Avalanche, since it's nature damage, is scaling with my mastery It hits for about 800 instead of the tooltipped 500. So, if you haven't yet gotten your BiS weapon, and don't want to splurge on crystals, or collect them, Avalanche is still good.

I have a nice macro to add as well that automatically swaps between Flame Shock and Earth Shock, and resets when you change targets
    #showtooltip
    /castsequece reset=target Flame Shock, Earth Shock

One Question/dilemma I am having is Hit Cap. I see so much saying get Spell (~17%), but, even at around 8-10% my LB/CL is not missing on the heroic dummy, Melee misses a bit more, but in a timed epic dummy battle I got the same amount of MW procs. Even at low hit it's a regular proc for a steady "rotation" effect. Is it a question of partial miss/absorbtion that makes it important? Because, I lose out of alot of excellent stats to get this high, and it drops my damage/dps.

Thanks All :-)

mainly the reason why you still want spell cap ASAP is for searing totem. you dont want to miss out on that

Great guide, I found this much more compact than the one on EJ and made much more sense. Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Heithinn View Post
    I also noticed that as AWESOME as Landslide is, Avalanche, since it's nature damage, is scaling with my mastery It hits for about 800 instead of the tooltipped 500. So, if you haven't yet gotten your BiS weapon, and don't want to splurge on crystals, or collect them, Avalanche is still good.
    I'm not going to address the rest of the post, but this, at least, is accurate. Avalanche is definitely the second best enchant for your weapons and fairly cheap, so if you can't afford Landslide, Avalanche is not a bad second choice. Definitely not as good as Landslide, but adequate...and yes, it does scale with your mastery.

Ill mention that. I forgot about avalanche, i always put landslide on my weapons.

Edit - Added a macro and racial ability section(s)
    Edit of the edit - I edited the rotation as well to explain UE and shocks CD's not meshing nicely with the current spec im suggesting.
    Last edited by squats; 05-11-2011 at 06:57 PM.

If Ion gives the OK, i trust this guide enough to sticky. Thanks for the work!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    If Ion gives the OK, i trust this guide enough to sticky. Thanks for the work!
    Hey no problem. thanks!

For the race selection. Horde has 4 races for Shamans. Goblin's rocket barrage shares a cd with it's rocket jump. That little bit of movement increase can come in handy in a lot of fights.

Trolls have their own mini blood lust.

Taurens.... not good for enhance. Maybe for pvp with War stomp and the passive extra health. but not the best racials for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by dieuglydie View Post
    For the race selection. Horde has 4 races for Shamans. Goblin's rocket barrage shares a cd with it's rocket jump. That little bit of movement increase can come in handy in a lot of fights.

Trolls have their own mini blood lust.

Taurens.... not good for enhance. Maybe for pvp with War stomp and the passive extra health. but not the best racials for pve.
    yeah. ill update it. wrote that in a hurry last night.

Oh, worth mentioning that the orc Command racial affects Spirit Wolves (and apparently the fire ele? Not as sure about that one).

Also, since there's some utility things mentioned in there, while it's not amazing, MW does work on Healing Rain. It can help to lighten the load on things like feud, p2 al'akir, etc...basically any place where aoe healing is serious business it might be worth dropping a global on it...I wouldn't recommend hard-casting it though...it's almost 50% of your mana and apt to be pretty slow to cast (since, as mentioned, haste isn't a good stat anymore).

A few other things that may or may not be worth mentioning:
    • Run speed isn't useful to us because we spec into Ancestral Swiftness, so don't listen to people who try to tell you to use lavawalker or earthen vitality.
    • The crit cap section is probably a case of TMI right now...you're not apt to get anywhere near the crit cap any time soon (it was an issue in ICC when we were skating around with 50+% crit unbuffed...but that's not the case these days).
    • You want slow weapons because your imbues scale with weapon speed (WF is weapon damage and FT does more damage with slow weapons)...this might be TMI, but there IS a reason you're not using daggers.

+ Reply to Thread