+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not as fun as I thought it would be.

Not as fun as I thought it would be.

Hello guys, I need some suggestions. My problem is that my guild recently disbanded and I looked for new guilds, but all of the guilds that was on the approximately same content as me was booked on tanks, so I applied as a fury dps. I have full 359 gear as fury, and also tank.

Seems like I dont enjoy it as much as I enjoy raiding as a tank, but I always hated to tank heroics, and enjoyed dpsing more. What should I do? Leave and find a new guild? It feels like to soon when I just joined.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...clone/advanced

thanks,

clone
    Clone - Horde @ Sylvanas EU

im assuming you logged out in your pvp gear

because no guild thats serious about raiding is going to want to invite in a fury warrior in full pvp gear and actually invite you to raids.and from expierance,theres pretty much no reason to play if you cant raid.seeing as how theres really nothing else to do in this expansion.although,i gotta admit.ive tanked with a warrior before and i recently made a druid and i actually like tanking alot better on my druid then i did on my warrior

but meh,i actually think dpsing with a warrior was more fun though.but i havent tried out boomkin yet so i dont know.maybe boomkin is more fun then feral cat cuz i know feral is pretty crappy at the moment dps wise.or as far as what ive looked at,the only feral druid in my guild that raided quit my guild a long time ago but she didnt really pull all that great dps.this was in wrath though

Quote Originally Posted by PimpJuice4 View Post
    im assuming you logged out in your pvp gear
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpJuice4 View Post
    because no guild thats serious about raiding is going to want to invite in a fury warrior in full pvp gear and actually invite you to raids.
    Have to agree with this statement I'm afraid.

A few pieces of PvP gear, sure, that won't hurt and shouldn't stop you from putting out some respectable numbers. In fact, you probably do put out respectable numbers in full PvP gear, but few raid guilds will give you the chance to prove this.

If you did log out in full PvP gear by accident, then feel free to ignore the following. Otherwise the problems with your PvP gear are.

1) You're not at the first hit cap.
    2) You're not expertised capped.
    3) None of your items are reforged to hit the above caps or for more beneficial stats.
    4) Your spec appears to be for PvP rather than raiding.

If you're wanting to tank, but can't find a guild with a free tank slot, then getting in as DPS and proving you're capable that way is a good route to a tank spot. If you get a session where the tank is away and you can fill in, then you're one step closer to securing yourself a full time slot. DPSing might not be as much fun for you in the interim, but consider it a means to an end and you'll get there.

There are few aspects to look at
    First would be guild. Do You enjoy to raid with them? Like on some VOIP application or simple in chat. If You do then probably it would be worth waiting to prove yourself to them as a tank and take that post in longer terms. If You don't enjoy their company and stick with them only to be able to raid then probably You should go for chance in other guild.
    Second would be You. Which part of raiding do You like most. Just tanking and running around with shield or playing with other people. If members around You doesn't meter so much for You then I think answer is clear.
    Main point is - game is created to enjoy You and You are paying for that then why would You do something You don't like?
    If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average

Sorry, was doing arenas at the time, I got full pve gear.

Pacans. What I enjoyed in my previous guild was that we had good communication. We talked on ventrilo, spoke a lot in guild chat. In my new guild they don't say hi back when I log in.

And yes. I enjoy tanking more than dpsing. When tanking I feel like I'm doing something for the raid except pulling off high dps.
    Last edited by Machoen; 05-10-2011 at 04:47 AM.

IMO if you are going to enjoy playing DPS long term, you need to get into the mindset that doing the most damage you possibly can IS doing something important for the raid. Get competitive. Fight your way up the damage meter. Even if you aren't going to top every meter, you at least need to consider your part in the encounter to be important... which it is. High dps matters, the quicker things die the easier everything becomes.

That's the change of role side of things. Sounds like that's only half your issue, and the other is the social side of changing guild. I'm not best qualified to advise on that, but it seems like something you can't expect to just click into place. It takes time to get to know a guild and the people in it. Either it'll work out for you, or you just won't get along and the best thing to do will be to be up front with them, let them know that you don't feel that you are fitting in and go find somewhere else.

I know exactly what you mean. I guess it's just that fury is too easy to play, topping the meters with a minimum dps of 19k. Tried some pve with my fire mage, was way more fun.

Seeing as how you gem incorrectly, and reforge incorrectly too, enchant correctly, I don't believe you come anywhere close to 19k DPS on a non-gimmick fight.

You should read this for starters

http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t110350-...ates_progress/

37/37 Expertise is unacceptable.

Maybe you would prefer arms. I hear it's pretty competitive for damage with fury, provides some rarer raid buffs and is considered more challenging to play. I offspec fury precisely because it is easy, and thus I can perform adequately without as much practice and pay more attention to other stuff (as a raid leader).

Just because a guide says something else, doesnt mean I cant pull of 19k dps, as a matter fact, why the .. would I lie? I am here for help, not to get you on wrong foot. I think my gemming is relevant, and the expertise is because of my main hand.

I understand what you mean swelt.

For your bracers you are enchanting Expertise while at 37/37, You are also suggesting that 20 Str < 20 Crit + 10 mastery which is false.
    For your helm you are using a spell reflect gem.
    All the expertise on your weapon is not reforged.
    You have a stamina gem in your belt (Also wrong gemming in and of itself)
    Ring reforged wrong

Sorry my mistake I thought it was full strength enchanted, I've been playing pvp for a while and I was told this a while back that I should go for full strength, and I guess I forgot to regem my pve gear. I didnt know of the expertise enchant until now, my apologizes. But this thread is not about my gear.

To answer your question in a "non-gear" manner, stay dps. Do what you find fun or you won't be playing wow very long.

I will try my best, and I will do what the guides tell me,

Off topic:

Hows my gear/enchants now?

Bung is right. Play what you want because it's fun. Expand your horizon's as well. Other servers have guilds that have a spot for ya.
    Jesus loves you seriously big time. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across the oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees.. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/email

Better

Quote Originally Posted by Machoen View Post
    Hows my gear/enchants now?
    Weapon enchants could use some love. Remember that the pvp set bonus gives you disarm protection for free so you don't even lose pvp viability by ditching that weapon chain. If you can't afford landslide (which is much cheaper since 4.1) then I'm fairly sure that hurricane is your next best option.

Not about the gold, also my guild provides enchants. I got it for the hit rating as I was low in pvp. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Machoen View Post
    Not about the gold, also my guild provides enchants. I got it for the hit rating as I was low in pvp. Thanks.
    Heres a taste of the dps mindset:

"Its not about what your guild provides, or what they expect its what you do."

Just because they give you hurricane doesn't mean you shouldn't use landslide.
    Just because they only expect you to pot during heroism doesn't mean you shouldn't prepot.
    Just because they have a +60 feast doesn't mean you shouldn't buy your own +90 food.

Your dps is your raid contribution. Its what you have and what you do, you should do it at the best you can without question.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

+ Reply to Thread