+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vengeance, tons of avoidance counter productive?

Vengeance, tons of avoidance counter productive?

Just a curious question I'd figured y'all would have some kind of answer to. But isn't going for avoidance pretty much counter productive to getting vengeance stacked? Doesn't it rely on you actually getting hit to actually generate vengeance or am I missing something.

It seems like mine hardly ever stacks fully and I don't know if it's something else I'm doing other than mitigating or avoiding pretty much everything. So, what do you think is happening?

In a theoretical sense, yes stacking avoidance is counter to stacking vengeance. In reality, you are going to be hit hard enough on content you don't outgear that vengeance will stack high enough anyway.

Vengeance doesn't need to stack fully, and you shouldn't be a goal you're aiming at.

So is ilvl 359 outgearing the normal mode raid content currently and that's why it seems like it's not really stacking all the way. I get maybe 10k of 16k vengeance.

Yes, 359 does out gear the current normal modes. They are tuned to be done sans 359 gear.

Vengeance is a bonus, you don't gear around stacking it to max and it will only reach max if your taking a real beating, which really only happens on fights where the main failure mechanic is gibbing a tank, something Blizz don't like soley basing encounters around, or your standing in something you shouldn't be.

In all honesty, forget vengeance exists as an active mechanic, its just a passive thing that happens.

Re: Vengeance, tons of avoidance counter productive?

The whole point of vengeance is to provide an alternative to threat stats (hit/exp and crit/haste to a lesser degree). It was intended as a main active mechanic to keep agro on tanks, and it is a stupid mechanic because every point you put in avoidance/block instead of threat reduces the vengeance (i.e. threat) you generate.

So, BryceE, you are totally correct. This is something that many of us have been harping on for a while now. However, it has not been much of an issue with raid bosses, or even heroic dungeon bosses. Rather, it has been an issue with trash.

+ Reply to Thread