+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible Prot Warrior T12 2pc set bonus

Possible Prot Warrior T12 2pc set bonus

this is just speculation, seems REALLY good. Idk what else it would be besides a set bonus.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=99240

Is this the worst possible 4 set bonus in the history of the game?

Since you go over the 102.4% dodge/block/parry cap with shield block up, this essentially means ~6% more critical block I'm assuming, and 6% fewer hits you actually need to block, as you parry them, so it's better then it seems at first glance.
    6% avoidance + 6% more critical block chance at the same time.

yeah that's how i read it garbid, i don't think it's a terrible thing to gain either 6% more effective parry that doesn't affect DR's, which in turn makes HtL better, AND pushing any excess block another 6% further into blocking 60% instead of just 30%. how is that terrible?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    yeah that's how i read it garbid, i don't think it's a terrible thing to gain either 6% more effective parry that doesn't affect DR's, which in turn makes HtL better, AND pushing any excess block another 6% further into blocking 60% instead of just 30%. how is that terrible?
    That was my initial thought.

However, you'll notice when you hit shield block and read the buff that it says +25% block and +X% critical block. That plus X% is obviously based on the over flow. So when I hit it in my tank get it says +15% critical block.

The issue is, that if I hit a dodge trinket after I have hit shield block, that buff does not change. Now this could just be a tool tip error - but I doubt it - I expect blizzard does the calculation once for the buff, and leaves it. So the real question is: when you hit shield block, when do you get that +6% parry. To me you would get it after the shield block buff goes up, and therefore not catch the critical block.

But we'll have to wait and see what happens on the ptr.
    Last edited by Booi; 05-05-2011 at 09:19 PM.
    "I'll smash you and melt away Coolmint Island!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post

It's terribly unfair on the poor pallies?

Though this will mean more paladin tears for our magaritas.

+ Reply to Thread