+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: It Returns.... Kaze/Lore SC2 Tournament Part Deux

Quote Originally Posted by wgu8312 View Post
    hai..

im sLyMeRr .. still looking for my opp. Just now playing with others opp for friendly match. i check my opp background he last play quickmatch is 1 week ago. Is there porssible he not online for a week ?
    try pming him on tankspot.
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

latest results are posted in the results page. almost done with the first round!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Q.Q too many terrans in this tourney hahah!

Zergs too!

D:

random random random Sorry Office drone for 2 nights ago, sent you a message to do the Ro32 match and then one of my vegas buds called and i left XD

Madness-543

Madness-543

Finding my opponent

Alright, I think I might be to late for this, but my opponent Fusik (HIVEfusik.542) has to accept my match. I have added him on Starcraft and attempted to PM him on Tankspot, at this point I have no idea what to do and I would really like to apart of this tournament!

Quote Originally Posted by Madness-sc2 View Post
    Madness-543
    sorry mate this tournament is already unerway. Maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Platu View Post
    Alright, I think I might be to late for this, but my opponent Fusik (HIVEfusik.542) has to accept my match. I have added him on Starcraft and attempted to PM him on Tankspot, at this point I have no idea what to do and I would really like to apart of this tournament!
    Ill try to contact him. If he doesn't respond by tomorrow ull be handed the win.

man i want to get my RO16 match underway but have yet to hear from musclebound. wanna get the TvT epicness underway!
    Why blow up kegs of beer? if anything the horde should steal it instead, much better use!

TvT epicness? I was under the impression that matchup is rather dull
    Caboose: My dad always said "Why buy the cow? When you can get the milk for free."
    Church: Rookie did you just call my girl friend a slut?
    Tucker: I think he just called her a cow.

Quote Originally Posted by PvtCaboose View Post
    TvT epicness? I was under the impression that matchup is rather dull
    Try playing it, its stressful as fuck, and can lead to epic matches (I myself love the mass BC outcome)

I had a 50 minute TvT last weekend. It was awesome.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

what's with this reaper play in tvt i keep seeing lately, i guess it's to try to capitalize on frontal focused defenses, and heavy marine play before tanks pop but i keep running up against 4-6 reaper attacks in tvt, and yeah sometimes they do a lot of damage, but i've never lost outright to it. i normally end up pushing out with marines and tanks, and they swiftly die because they're on 4 raxes pumping marines and marauders instead of tanks, and once i get in position they're stuck, they can't expand, and i use drop play to sneak in damage where i can. sounds like a stupid 1 base timing attack to me, but hey at least it lends itself to only 20-25 minute games =P

I just think its the cycle of the game. Early on reapers were highly effective and were used basically all the time. They had some nerfs as well as people became accustomed to dealing with them so they became less popular. Now though since people haven't been seeing them as much, they are starting to make a comeback again simply because people were in a lull of not seeing them so haven't been expecting them.

Units tend to disappear from standard play if they are overused and countered but after a while where units aren't seeing as much use they tend to come back simply because players aren't practicing countering them. That's just part of the up and down of the strategy changing over time.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

i love TvT its my strongest match up i feel, and i'm finding reapers can help tremendously depending on the situation. Very strong against early expo. Don't need to get any more then three (will one shot SCVs and Drones) and don't nessacarly need the speed upgrade either, its all about going for probes or units that will die easily to them (i.e. zelots and lings)
    Why blow up kegs of beer? if anything the horde should steal it instead, much better use!

I have seen some good usage of three reapers as of late in every match up. Causes the opponent to stay in there base long enough for you to either out tech or get an army and push. but past three it just doesn't pay off in time.

also Geforce is starting up a tournament for amateurs at the end of June. Apply now at http://geforce.cevo.com/event/geforc...2-pro-am/home/

QXC with some really awesome reaper + medivac vs Zerg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e88IaGw0KLY#t=280

That was a good game though at the end I feel he got sloppy with the reapers once the medivac died and threw them away unnecessarily. Not that they are all that useful in the late game, but it wasn't like he needed to free up the supply. He could have just set them asside temporarily while his main army moves out and then use them to attack again while the main army pushes elsewhere.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 06-02-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenpox View Post
    Try playing it, its stressful as fuck, and can lead to epic matches (I myself love the mass BC outcome)
    Ah the totalbiscut build
    Caboose: My dad always said "Why buy the cow? When you can get the milk for free."
    Church: Rookie did you just call my girl friend a slut?
    Tucker: I think he just called her a cow.

Ehh, not really in the build are BC's planned, its just sort of a descision like, 30 minutes in the game after a mass tank standoff

Some of my friends shot some footage @ MLG Columbus and I cut it together today... Posting here in case you guys are interested:

+ Reply to Thread