+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: It Returns.... Kaze/Lore SC2 Tournament Part Deux

just out of curisoity, has any thought been given to making a 2v2 or 3v3 tournament?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    Nothing brightens the day like a healthy cup of shield bash in the face.

I've thought about it myself but nothing discussed with others. The problem is that the game isn't really balanced for 2v2s or 3v3s (though we will see an occasional change because of the severe overpoweredness of a certain unit comp or whatever cuz of 2+v2+ games) and while i enjoy playing 2v2s and 3v3s with friends. at a tournament level, in order to win, we'll end up seeing just a lot of 3rax, 4gate, 10 pool/7rr type play all the time because it works. Evil Geniuses had some sort of 2v2 team, and Axslav/StrifeCro destroyed it because every game lasted less than 10 minutes. While fun to play, it's not very good spectating.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'm not big into the 1v1 game myself but I'll throw my name in the bunch.

Quinafoi.409 (Platinum Zerg)

Money is good. But so is meeting new people to play with.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Bah, I'm probably even worse than I was last time through.
    Last edited by Petninja; 05-12-2011 at 12:47 PM.

that's the major point of this tourney anyways, for fun for all to enjoy and just have some good games with a smidgen of competitiveness (did i really just use the word smidgen?)

Petninja woot, welcome back, and no bailing out this time! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Pers3us View Post
    Is it possible for me to add to the reward pool at all?

The reason I ask is because I will most likely not be able to participate in this one (I sure plan on watching them), and I would just like to increase the incentive to not default matches for more epicness for my eyes. If that makes sense.
    I'll talk to Lore about it, sorry you can't participate though. I think Lore mentioned he may be able to actually livestream the casts from some earlier testing he did late last night. If that works, we may be able to live cast a bunch of them instead of relying on just replays until the final 3 matches. It's still in the air though, it's just showing some hopefulness =] Thanks again for your support though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    I'll talk to Lore about it, sorry you can't participate though. I think Lore mentioned he may be able to actually livestream the casts from some earlier testing he did late last night. If that works, we may be able to live cast a bunch of them instead of relying on just replays until the final 3 matches. It's still in the air though, it's just showing some hopefulness =] Thanks again for your support though!
    Thanks for the response! If the live stream does in fact end up working, that would be amazing. Hopefully I won't be working during those times, but if so, the replays will do. Just let me know what the decision is for the increased reward pool whenever you guys come to a conclusion. If yes, that's awesome. I will feel like I participated in the tournament without actually playing in it. If no, then I still will look forward to watching the epicness ensue.
    "Kyle, this is the way the world works. If you want to find quality friends, you have to wade through all the dicks first." -Cartman

Im in it to win it!*
    Thamiorr.407
    *well to see how far i'll get that is :-P
    Why blow up kegs of beer? if anything the horde should steal it instead, much better use!

i have both acc for NA and SEA server
    Both ID is sLyMeRr#866
    My question is what server this tourney and time ?

TQ

it will be played on NA only unfortunately.

time is not 100% sure yet, it's pretty casual so we'll try to get 1 or 2 matches played per week, and I'll probably cut off the sign ups in 2 or 3 weeks (depends on how many players sign up, we want at least 16, but probably no more than 64)

kaze i actually got my jsutin tv stream working with a semi decent frame rate, my internet upload is capepd which sucks nuts, but i can stream it live in 480p if i can get my schedule to work around the matches.

i.e you me + lore in a skype call you 2 commentate while i move the screen to follow the action etc, that's if lore cant get it workign ofc.

if i could get onto bnet at work itd be fine coz my work has 25 mbps upload speed QQ.
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

I remember some of the earlier ones in season one of GSL where Tasteless and Artosis were talking about stuff and the screen wasn't even remotely close to what they were talking about because the screen was controled by someone else. It really doesn't work that well, best to have at least one of the commentators controling the screen so you are definately looking at what is being talked about. Not saying you wouldn't do a lot better by at least having a clue what to move the screen to, but it is still a little annoying that they start talking about something before you the viewer see what they see.

It's just more enjoyable if the viewer is noticing the "exciting thing" (whatever it may be) the same time as the commentator (this gives the viewer more of a sense of sharing in the excitement). For example when an experienced commentator like Day9 gets all excited when he sees something cool. "And HOOOOOLY CRAP, we have a six pool coming in! OOOH how awesome!" (Day9, Amazon.com tournament, game 2) That's part of what makes it enjoyable to watch.

Even if the commentating is good, if the video isn't in sync with the commentating it loses a great deal of the value because you don't feel that excitement at the same time (bad video, or even just out of sync video, can make even pro commentators look bad).
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 05-06-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Ill bite :3
    Played a few matches last time, but comptuer borked D:
    Loliser.440

the observer role was previously held by tasteless and he said he couldn't really give comments because he was too focused in that task, so they gave it to someone else (which is how korean commentators do it). They still have an observer even now in season 6 or whatever this is, he's just gotten better at it.

Thanks for the volunteerism illidra, but we'll see how it goes from here, me and lore are zombies, we normally do our playing and casting at like 2am-6am CET. I doubt you want to be up with us.

FuRYoFSWaRM.kalel 640
    Last edited by Destructiv; 05-07-2011 at 01:56 PM.

the observer role was previously held by tasteless and he said he couldn't really give comments because he was too focused in that task, so they gave it to someone else (which is how korean commentators do it). They still have an observer even now in season 6 or whatever this is, he's just gotten better at it.

Thanks for the volunteerism illidra, but we'll see how it goes from here, me and lore are zombies, we normally do our playing and casting at like 2am-6am CET. I doubt you want to be up with us.
    Remember that he's in the UK and thus many many hours ahead

Not as many hours ahead as me!

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

Quote Originally Posted by Soan View Post
    Not as many hours ahead as me!
    We try to forget about you!

(not really, I'm not being serious)

Worth noting that the TSL has a dedicated observer also (Hot_Bid). I'm not 100% sure but I believe NASL is using one now too.

Having a dedicated observer really makes the games significantly easier to cast. Before we look into that though we need to figure out if we'll be casting from replays or not, because you need a beast of a machine on the observer's end to not have sync issues. That's the problem we had with the finals of Kaze/Lore 1, and the problem that NASL's showmatch between Idra and Jinro had -- when the observer's machine is under too much stress, it actually plays back the replays very slightly slower. The end result is that your commentators start calling out stuff that hasn't actually happened yet.

when i stream my games my CPU normally peaks at about 70% usage, i cant imagine skype taking up the other 30%.

but yeah 2-6 am CET is 1-5 for me, depending on the dates of the matches it shoudltn be a problem im usually up to about 3 am.

basically i finish work mid june, i have 10 days holiday left so i can either finish on june 5th or the 17th and get more money in my final pay pack
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

+ Reply to Thread