+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: It Returns.... Kaze/Lore SC2 Tournament Part Deux

It Returns.... Kaze/Lore SC2 Tournament Part Deux

After long hiatus and finally being able to get the first one done/casted/finished. We are proud to announce the 2nd coming of the Kaze/Lore Starcraft 2 Tournament!

This time around it will be a double elimination tournament format following similar rule sets from our previous incarnation. Sign-ups are now open for all to sign up, please just leave your starcraft id.code and I'll add you to our potential lists. Since this originated as a Donor tournament, I'd like to give some preference to Donors and previous participants who did well will gain automatic seeding in the tournament. Depending on the turnout, we may have to set a maximum number of players allowed.

Did I mention we have a prize pool this time? Funded entirely by your loving tournament holders and a great individual sponsor by the name of Pers3us, along with myself and Lore.
    The prize pool breakdown is as follows:
    1st $100 US
    2nd $55 US
    3rd $25 US

(paid likely via paypal)

So hopefully you guys don't call it quits midway through the tournament this time! Other than the technical stuff below. Feel free to post here to ask questions etc, as I will be updating this thread as we go! Lets get it on!

Rules:
    1) Once the brackets are assigned and your opponent is indicated, it is your job to contact said player and schedule a time for a match. In an effort to prevent this from going on forever, a 1 week deadline is imposed before disqualification but please attempt to play 3 matches a week to prevent this tournament from going on too long.
    2) Play will be best out of 3 format in the first round, and eventually we will be ramping it up to best out of 5 for the semifinals and best out of 7 for the final.
    3) Loser will select the next map. Original map will be MLG Shattered Temple.
    4) Replays will be uploaded and posted in the tournament thread. Please do not post results in this thread (use the results thread), PMs would be preferred to myself, Lore, and/or Skyborn.
    5) Games without replays will not be considered.
    6) Disconnects - less than 3 minute D/C's can be replayed, the first time, repeated d/c's are disqualifications, and any matches where a d/c happens mid/late game will likely need to be reviewed.
    7) Seeding will be determined based on previous Kaze/Lore results, and new participants will be ranked based on their sc2ranks profile.
    8) In an effort to keep this competitive for the majority of the players and true to the intention of the tournament (a Diamond and lower tournament for tankspotters), we MAY have to disclude players if we feel they will take away from the tournament. (You are still able to sign up if you are above diamond level, we just want to make sure you understand that tournament entry will be at our discretion for fairness sake).
    9) Observers are prohibited under every circumstance unless accompanied by myself, Lore, or another designated tournament director for casting purposes.
    10) Once you select a race for your first match in the round of 64, that is the race you are expected to stay with the rest of the tournament, this includes selecting random (you have to be random the rest of the tournament if you go random in ro64).
    Map Pool
    MLG Metalopolis (4 player medium map, No Close positions, neutral supply depot at base of ramp to prevent early wall in)
    MLG Shattered Temple (4 player medium map, No Close positions, neutral supply depot at base of ramp to prevent early wall in)
    MLG Xel’Naga Caverns (2 player small-medium map, Neutral supply depot at base of ramp to prevent early wall in)
    Blizzard Shakuras Plateau (Ladder version, 4 Player Medium-Large map, No more back door rocks into main connecting south-south, north-north bases)
    Tal'Darim Altar LE (Ladder edition, 4 Player Medium-Large map, 2 Base easily defendible with 3rd in close proximity)
    TSL3 GSL Terminus RE (4 Player Large map, Circular Symmetry map, 3 bases easily defend-able)
    GSL May Crevasse (4 Player Medium-Large map, Circular Symmetry, natural is easily taken/protected, 3rd base just below main ramp, long ground distances can be made shorter via destructible rocks)
    GSL May Crossfire SE (2 player, Medium sized map, 2 narrow pathways that segment the map across many ramps and high/low ground areas)

The MLG map pool on Battle.net has been updated; to access this map pool, including the non-ladder maps, simply search for "MLG" on the StarCraft 2 map selection screen.

GSL maps can be found via searching GSL in the custom map pool. Make sure you download the exact named version above and no other variation.

Reporting a win

Due dates: 1 week from th tuesday the round is started. Tournament officially starts on May 24th, 2011.

Once a match (a full best of X) has been completed, the winner needs to report it to Kazeyonoma, Lore and Skyborn, via PM. This must include the replays of all games played. This can be done through a site such as gamereplays.org or any other reasonable file hosting method (althought gamereplays.org is preferred). Should they feel it necessary, the loser has until the match deadline to contest the reported win, at which point the tournament directors will look at the replays to make sure nothing funny was going on, and make a judgment call if necessary. The loser may provide their own copies of the replays if they wish.

In the event that you cannot get into contact with your scheduled opponent:
    1. Make sure you're using any and all contact methods available to you. For now this will probably just be through Tankspot or Battle.net for most players. Please be diligent.
    2. Attempt to contact them early and often. Don't wait until Tuesday evening to try and set up a time to play your matches.
    3. If they're just not answering (hopefully this doesn't happen, but just in case): let the tournament directors know at least 24 hours ahead of the deadline. We'll try to get in contact with them as well. In the event that contact is never made, and we are satisfied that you've done everything you could to set up the match, we'll most likely default you the win.

Results will be posted to the Results thread: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ason-2-Results!
    In closing,

Remember this is just for fun, between friends, and to get some friendly competition going. Reply if you are interested in trying your hand! Just because you may not be platinum level doesn't mean you can't enjoy your time in this, you never know, sometimes wonky unpredictable strategies beat even the best of players!

ALL CURRENTLY UNPLAYED MATCHES HAVE UNTIL TUESDAY AUGUST SECOND TO HAVE THEM PLAYED OR AT LEAST SCHEDULED. ANY NON-CONTACT FROM PARTIES WHO HAVE OPPONENTS, WILL BE DEFAULTED TO PROCEED WITH THE TOURNAMENT. THE MATCHES AFTER THAT WILL AGAIN BE 1 WEEK LIMITS ALL THE WAY UNTIL THE GRAND FINALS WITH MATCHES DUE 11:59PM MONDAY NIGHT OF EACH WEEK!

Enrollment is now closed!

Enrolled players (gamer tags if given--you'll have to give your gamer tags when this starts eventually in order to set up matches):

SC2Ranks division (thanks to Skyborn!) http://sc2ranks.com/c/9295/kazelore-2-0/

1. Kazeyonoma (Kazeyonoma.732) (T)
    2. Skyborn (RevNewborn.135) Defending CHAMPION
    3. Musclebound (Kestnuts.240) (T)
    4. Soan (Soan.303) (T)
    5. Chamenas (Chamenas.261) (P)
    6. Irat (Detriment.344) (P)
    7. ZeroVector (ZeroVector.286)
    8. Illidra (Belligerent.430) (Z)
    9. Tripp6sic6 (Tripp.208)
    10. Ghost (ghost.1890) (T)
    11. Quinafoi (Quinafoi.409) (Z)
    12. Petninja (Rakanishu.687)
    13. Thamiorr (Thamiorr.407) (T)
    14. wgu8312 (sLyMeRr.866) (P)
    15. Chickenpox (Loliser.440) (T)
    16. Eradin (Eradin.543)
    17. Lore (devolore.597) (P)
    18. MeridainDosi (Meridiandosi.849) (P)
    19. Seretak (Seretak.805 ) (P)
    20. Twothree (Twothree.661 ) (Z)
    21. Maxisamadman (Maxisamadman.317) (T)
    22. shadowcrone (shadowcrone.229) (P)
    23. Haemiola (Alamire.592) (Z)
    24. TeddyTauren (Teddy.164) (T)
    25. jasonstarr (Xelnas.185) (R)
    26. Socio (Socio.773) (Z)
    27. Olar117 (Olar.854) (P)
    28. widowmaker (Widowmaker.313) (Z)
    29. Recoyle (Recoyle.318) (R)
    30. exeon (exeon.770)
    31. Giliandrix (Nova.254) (T)
    32. cdot (Cdot.539) (Z)
    33. Seam00120 (Seam.482) (Z)
    34. Zeppelinz (gggg.831) (Z)
    35. Analysis (RastisRules.198) (Z)
    36. Kalathos89 (Kalathos.540) (P)
    37. Oggokogok (Oggokogok.151) (Z)
    38. Lakshata (MichiganBoy.887) (P)
    39. Notawatacula (Officedrone.698) (T)
    40. Jendoren (Polemos.391) (T)
    41. Gless (Divineone.789) (P)
    42. filosopher (filosopher.479) (P)
    43. Eoika (Eoika.877) (Z)
    44. Furion (Furion.226) (P)
    45. Siosec (CheezeThis.727) (Z)
    46. Palmtop (Palmtops.344) (DEFAULT WITHDRAW)
    47. Reignist (Chaote.392) (Z)
    48. Tarmusk (Tarmusk.470)
    49. Essay (Čssay.491) (DEFAULT WITHDRAW)
    50. Hammajamma (Synergy.822)
    51. texasranger (Texasranger.866)
    52. Otori (System.402)
    53. Caltu (clpunk.877) (T)
    54. lemonayd (moxen.248) (P)
    55. PvtCaboose (Caboose.182) (P)
    56. Ortz (Ortz.127) (T)
    57. littleroach (RoachHC.944) (T)
    58. Fusik (HIVEfusik.542)
    59. Delphirus (Delph.387) (P)
    60. Kablamo (Kablamo.796) (Z)
    61. Blackshorn (Osirion.770) (P)
    62. Daresien (Daresien.858) (R)
    63. DudeBroGuy (DudeBroGuy.637) (P)
    64. Platu (WunTime.592)
    For brackets please check out:
    http://challonge.com/kazelore2

For results please check out the Results thread that is stickied or follow this link:
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ason-2-Results!

Please join channel "Tankspot" on bnet if you want to find practice partners or to search for your opponents but please add them to your friends list and pm them here on the forums to setup your matches.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 07-26-2011 at 11:28 AM.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Did lore ever post the finals of the last one?
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

yep! head to http://ftwgaming.com to see the final matches, casted by Lore with special guest... ME! ;D

Looks epic. I'm way too out of practice, but maybe I'll do it still. We'll see

Hey, it's just for fun amongst friends/donors/etc. the prize pool is more incentive for people to not default matches as we draw near the finals, but all are welcome to participate. I think last season, 2 bronze level players made it out of their groups and into the tournament bracket. Zero reason why you can't do it too!

Even though I've taken a long break from SC2 I should dust off the ol' mouse and keyboard for this one. The last one was super fun, but hopefully I get matchups besides ZvP this time through!

RevNewborn.135

Thanks so much for organizing and casting Kaze/Lore!

Kestnuts.240

Last one was a lot of fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    Nothing brightens the day like a healthy cup of shield bash in the face.

ooh guess I better start playing more! Probably going to be playing terran this time, lets see if I make it as far as I did last time as zerg.

Soan.303.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyborn View Post
    Even though I've taken a long break from SC2 I should dust off the ol' mouse and keyboard for this one. The last one was super fun, but hopefully I get matchups besides ZvP this time through!
    You will not deny my vengeance!

Eh, it'll be fun. Chamenas#261

Me too please i think my code is:
    Detriment.344

Hopefully thats not the SEA number.
    Roll with the punches.

I haz no idea when this is or how to register but I'd like to participate

Post your account name and character code (found if you hover over your name in the game or on the official SC2 forums) and say you'd like to join.

think you'll find it is his name. :P

Welcome to tankspot Zero.
    Roll with the punches.

Does anyone have any info on MLGs map modifications?
    Roll with the punches.

no close positions on maps where that's possible, and there's a neutral submerged supply depot at the bottom of ramps to prevent ramp wall ins.

ya we'll have an update with info on what the modifications actually are and such once we finalize the map pool

Is it possible for me to add to the reward pool at all?

The reason I ask is because I will most likely not be able to participate in this one (I sure plan on watching them), and I would just like to increase the incentive to not default matches for more epicness for my eyes. If that makes sense.
    "Kyle, this is the way the world works. If you want to find quality friends, you have to wade through all the dicks first." -Cartman

I'm in, but if anyone is going to end up defaulting though itll be me as i live in the UK so scheduling is fucking awkward :P

Belligerent.430

:P
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

Count me in again. This was a lot of fun last time.

Tripp.208

+ Reply to Thread