+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feeling Squishy

Feeling Squishy

My Armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...merklok/simple

Between mitigation and avoidance I feel like I'm doing pretty well with about one in five hits being normal. However I still feel very very squishy, I take large amounts of incoming damage on places like the the two bears (with riders) before Narlakk, or the panther boss in ZG. I pop all my DR cooldowns pretty much as I should and I use WoG when it makes sense; is there anything else I can do or am I just going to have to be eating a lot of damage all the time?

Thanks again,
    Meth
    Get some.

Those stam gems should be the pure mastery gems or at least 20mat/30 stam. Not sure why you have the caster trinket. yes mastery is f'ing awesome but not so much that you want a caster trinket Using the correct meta gem (81 stam/2% armor, or the 81 stam/ shield block value) (not 100% on the shield block meta since my tanks don't hide behind a sissy shield)
    Always reforge off hit and exp into mastery. your pants you reforged off the dodge instead of the hit, which is a big no no. If you're having issues with threat it's more than likely your rotation or that others just flat out out gear you. Some one else should be able to help you with your rotation if you list it. Back to reforging, you want to keep dodge and parry ratings about equal.

Those trash pulls can be quite rough anyways, just make sure that cc is used whenever possible and keep using those cd's.

Quote Originally Posted by uglie View Post
    Those stam gems should be the pure mastery gems or at least 20mat/30 stam. Not sure why you have the caster trinket. yes mastery is f'ing awesome but not so much that you want a caster trinket Using the correct meta gem (81 stam/2% armor, or the 81 stam/ shield block value) (not 100% on the shield block meta since my tanks don't hide behind a sissy shield)
    Always reforge off hit and exp into mastery. your pants you reforged off the dodge instead of the hit, which is a big no no. If you're having issues with threat it's more than likely your rotation or that others just flat out out gear you. Some one else should be able to help you with your rotation if you list it. Back to reforging, you want to keep dodge and parry ratings about equal.

Those trash pulls can be quite rough anyways, just make sure that cc is used whenever possible and keep using those cd's.
    Alrighty, thanks man. I thought it was something else, but clearly it's not. I just need better gear / gems / chants.
    Get some.

Yeah, stam gems are generally for heroic raiding where you quite simply need a large amount of health for when the boss will hit you for 2/3's of your health no matter what you do. You're in your DPS gear right now, so i can't give you any more pointers other than reinforcing what uglie said. Reforge out hit/exp for mastery>dodge/parry. Try your best to hit the soft cap even if it means sacrificing a few socket bonuses for pure mastery gems. (not all sockets are worth geming for)

+ Reply to Thread