+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What tank should i roll

One thing to consider, is if your planning to raid 10 man, druids and paladins have an advantage due to better raid utility and off spec options. This is one thing I am missing on my warrior even in 25 man

At the end, all classes are about the same when played at the top of their potential. That said paladin are no doubt the most rounded ones, they may not BiS on every fight but they are never the worst either.
    Last edited by kopcap; 05-03-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    One thing to consider, is if your planning to raid 10 man, druids and paladins have an advantage due to better raid utility and off spec options. This is one thing I am missing on my warrior even in 25 man
    Druids have better raid utility than DKs?
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

I think it is important to play which tank feels like fun to you. They can all do the job, so go with something you will enjoy playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    Druids have better raid utility than DKs?
    Lol im not used to it yet, scratch this Still the best OSs though.

lol im not used to it yet, scratch this still the best OSs though

I have to say that I enjoy my pally just because he has many tools to help out the group and help someone that is in danger like Lay on hands. But then again I do like how a DK has the ablity to use two handed weapons and heal him self at the same time, DKs can also kite very well and have the ability to get agro on mobs quick with there DnD.

With DKs now having a battle res I think the utility difference is removed. DKs can do it while actively tanking which if I remember correctly druids cant. This might not be an issue in 25 mans but in 10 mans it could be very valuable.

Edit: just saw your response about it :-)

About DKs taking much more damage, it might be that a lot of people (apart from some beeing ignorant) are just taking into account the "damage taken" and not the self healing we do. As an example since I remember it from last night, self healing on a boss in the new dungeons is often around 3k hps which negates a quite a lot of damage taken.

Okay my question is now with this self healing does it make it a harder job for the healer because it could be unpredictable or are death knight generly easy to heal? I know you stack mastery so you can obsorb more damage as your gear gets better but would like to know how it is from a beakers stand point also

Quote Originally Posted by Cgrichyrich View Post
    Okay my question is now with this self healing does it make it a harder job for the healer because it could be unpredictable or are death knight generly easy to heal? I know you stack mastery so you can obsorb more damage as your gear gets better but would like to know how it is from a beakers stand point also
    Beakers don't mind beaking good DK tanks. It's just when DK tanks don't play well and use their cooldowns and death strikes appropriately that beakers feel they're hard to beak.

Personally, when I heal I don't notice the self healing that much, except when a Pally hits his Lay on Hands - other then that no DK or Pally self heal tops them off enough to make the damage unpredictable to the extent that it would effect healing. It is helpful and sometimes gets them up enough that I can stop casting for a bit and regen some mana.

While the DK shield is helpful, it's just not big enough to make a huge difference; altough I've not done the math (math is the reason I went to law school) I'm guessing that DK shield is pretty close to the pally block. For example my pally has 51% block which mitigates 30% of incoming physical damage on a 25k hit that's like a 5k absorb shield. So in my mind DK's now have shield like the other tanks; you just don't wear it.
    Last edited by Theotherone; 05-03-2011 at 09:02 AM.

But that sounds like any other tank, if you don't use your cool downs right you take more damage. I have currently got my pally geared for tanking the heroic zul'grub and zul'aman and most healers say that I'm pretty easy to heal even with a average item level of 350. But I have more fun on my on my DK even tanking normal dungeons so I think I am just going to work on my pally and DK more and see which one I like more in a raid environment. I have looked up rotations for DK tanks and am wondering if I should always keep my diseases up for save them for my death strike

One things for sure, on my Priest I can tell when a DK is NOT using his tools correctly, and when they are it's really no different than any other tank IMHO.

You should spend about 30-45 minutes reading Satorri's guide on DK tanking, you might decide you never wanna tank on a DK, or better yet you might delete your other tanking capable toons

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Bloody-Future
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Best bet also is find 2-3 healers you know to q with and tell them to forget everyone else and just keep you alive.

^ Yeah good point, it is easier to tell when a tank, especially a DK, is ignoring his tool and when he's using them correctly.

Okay cool I will check out this guide =) thanks

I actually picked up the old reigns on my warrior and I've begun to tank on him. I've noticed that while Pallys and DKs are viable tanks, Warriors require alot more skill to keep the threat train going, and thusly the outcome is greater results. However this is completely based upon my personal opinion, but just throwing that out there

My guild recently asked me to tank and as of right now i have a 85 druid, pally, and dk and i also have a 80 warrior. I was woundering if anyone could point me into the right direct on what tank will be the best or good for raid bosses. I will be the main tank so if anyone can shed some light onto this subject thanks in advanced =D

cgrichyrich

I love my pally. They just seem more versatile, especially if you have a Dranei, which is what I have. You can help the healer in healing so much more with gift of Narru, They have better crowd control....In my opinion, plus they have great Aura's. With 4.2 coming out soon, the resistance aura will be ver helpful for fire resistance for the party

What tank should i roll

I have a bear, a pally, a DK and a warrior. The bear is an offspec, the pally is an alt, the DK is still in Outland... I love the warrior the most.

Throw, CHARGE, block, SLAM!!!

Mobs hate my warrior.

Seriously though, it's been said before... All are viable, success depends on what you like playing most and how much you are prepared to research and practice to learn and improve.

Babs

which one is ur favorite?
    I think if someone want to roll a class . he must choose the favorite one , not the OP one.
    U must ask yourself which class is ur favorite, then choose one .

+ Reply to Thread