+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing First Boss in ZA

Healing First Boss in ZA

I am getting my butt kicked trying to heal the Eagle boss in ZA; I've done it on my Pally twice, but they were not pretty at all and my on my priest it was virtually impossible. It seems I spend more time and mana dispelling then healing. Naturally, this leads to being kick for being a "fail heal".

Now I've tanked and dps'd the boss successfully. When I dps'd on my hunter, the shammy heal had 17 dispels the entire fight - on the failed attempt on my priest I had 3 melee dps and 14 dispels before the boss was even at 60%; and was basically oom.

Other than spreading out, anyone have any advice for this fight?

Links to my pally and priest.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckstraw/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sugaree/simple

I've done it a few times on my priest and its definitely a bit insane. What seemed to work for me was having everyone spread out and the dps that gets picked up by the bird dpsing it down himself. That way the static shock debuff chains as little as possible. I was spamming PoH with shields as disc not dispelling at all, if you're spread out enough it shouldn't stack beyond 2 maybe 3 if you're unlucky.

I ended up with 16 and 17k hps last two times spamming my PoH button like mad and that was with fairly good execution, seems a bit overtuned but its doable just heal like mad.

I am sort of curious about this as well. I went into ZA as a fury warrior with a mage and pally tank friend. The two pugs we got from the LFD was a rogue and a pally healer. The pally healer was doing fine except for this fight. It seemed that the two melee kept chaining off of each other especially when we chased the bird. The mage was getting a "wrong target" type error when he was picked up and tried to dps the bird himself so that left us melee to kill it. The pally ran out of mana, as you said, around 60% boss health. The pally left and we got a shaman healer who wasn't even lasting as long as the pally was.
    So, I switched to my warlock and that made all of the difference. My lock does about 65% of my warrior's dps so the kill was slower, but the fact that we weren't melee heavy made the fight extremely simple.
    As I said, I'm extremely curious about this question as well because we always seem to get melee dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    I've done it a few times on my priest and its definitely a bit insane. What seemed to work for me was having everyone spread out and the dps that gets picked up by the bird dpsing it down himself. That way the static shock debuff chains as little as possible. I was spamming PoH with shields as disc not dispelling at all, if you're spread out enough it shouldn't stack beyond 2 maybe 3 if you're unlucky.

I ended up with 16 and 17k hps last two times spamming my PoH button like mad and that was with fairly good execution, seems a bit overtuned but its doable just heal like mad.
    Yeah, I've tried limited dispelling, but not no dispelling. Stacks just burned everyone.

I've contemplated a Machiavellian strategy of just letting the melee dps die; one of the times on my pally when the melee dps went down the fight got much more manageable. Maybe it's a matter of telling the melee to spread out and go chase the bird if they want to be of some use.

I've read a lot discussions about this boss, here are some strats that might / might not work:
    1. Ask the dps to clear the brown eagles
    2. Only dispell the tank or during the storm
    3. Only one melee on boss at any given time, others go dps the adds

Some ppl reported that clearing the brown eagles lessen the healing stress a lot. I haven't tried it yet myself though.

One thing i'm sure of is that melee shouldn't chase the white bird cause that will just get static shock chained between melee and the person picked up. Just let the dps get the bird down themselves and have ranged free the healer. Having 2 melee dps can be a bit rough but half the time 1 of them will be picked up by the bird.

Edit
    Hotfix may 2: Akil’zon’s Static Disruption will no longer chain if players are more than 5 yards apart and is now cast every 12 seconds, up from 5. Problem fixed
    Last edited by Bigbad; 05-03-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    Edit
    Hotfix may 2: Akil’zon’s Static Disruption will no longer chain if players are more than 5 yards apart and is now cast every 12 seconds, up from 5. Problem fixed
    I didn't see this. Now it makes sense why when I healed this on my Pally last night it was easy. I thought gee what a great group. I can see a tweak on the cast time if too many groups get the bear. The fight is very, very manageable now.

I've been healing this with my druid and still have been unable to heal through the damage that DPS and tanks take on this boss fight. I've tried to limit my dispells, and that has helped with mana significantly, but I can't seem to keep people up. They go down too quickly for me to get a good heal off. Even if they're all HoT'd up.

I'm so confused with this fight that I'm about to refuse ever queuing for a random Zandalari again. Everyone that seems to be successful is either a resto shammy, holy pally, or disc/holy priest. I haven't seen anything about Druids yet, and that's really distressing to me.

If I'm doing something wrong I would LOVE to receive some constructive criticism. Anything to help me improve my healing. Especially on this boss.

+ Reply to Thread