+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In a bad way.....

In a bad way.....

About a month ago, I lost my internet due to having moved. I just get back online today and find that not only am I not able to get into WoW, someone ERASED my entire email account, the one that is associated with my battle.net account. I cant even log into the forums to tell them I got hacked because apparently before they closed the email account & changed my passwords on my battle.net account. I had added a authenticator to my account to prevent this sort of thing, but now I cant even log in to talk to a GM. Anyone have any ideas?

I realize this is probably in the wrong forum but was unsure where it should probably go.

call blizz customer support and enjoy holding for 6 hours while you wait for someone to pick up the phone...
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

King of Cheese, Pope of Lemons, Warlord of Pancakes, Sultan of Omelletes, Czar of Zuchini, Kaiser of Pretzels, Archduke of Apples, Duke of Pimento-loaf, Prime-Minister of Meats, Count of Tomato, The Regent of Danish, Chieftan of Chutney, and Lord of the Dance.

Thanks Gravy, steps 1 & 2 done but I cant go any further as the email account connected to my Battle.net account is GONE. They have no way to contact me and I cant log into their system as it looks as if the account password was changed as well. I will call but at the moment, I do not have a phone. I have to wait for a friend to show up so I can call. If I can reach anyone on a Saturday....

think it's only open mon-fri for calls...
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

https://us.blizzard.com/en-us/compan...t/contact.html

The Blizzard support is open till 8pm Pacific Standard Time so you'll have ample time to give em a call. Tell them your issues and let them know what happened and see if a rep can't help you out on this. Probably your best solution.

Also I'm going to move this to the tech central section. Better placement.

Best of luck getting this fixed!

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Scan your licence, or passport or something - i think thats what they require for handling stuff like this. its what i had to do when my authenticator started De-syncing :S
    DPS is the game, Healing is my Fame

Rankadin (Hpally)
    Skratchet (Kitty)

I know that if you know the secret question and can answer a few other questions, you'll be alright. All I can say is that if they used this account for botting and it gets banned even with the authenticator, they do not give it back. I know, because my main account was banned and I just re-leveled my new main to 85 last week. I hope your fate is better than mine.

Make sure you show a lot of emotion on the phone about what happened. If you have any phishing emails on the email you originally had on Battle.net have any "Blizzard Support" or "Battle.net Security" titles, hold on to them. If you get a manager on the phone, you can forward those to prove something was going on for a while. Check your spam folders too. They end up there most of the time.

Also, run your anti-virus on an in depth scan. Let it spend the time to get each file. You may have a keylogger as well as whatever they used to get your serial for battle.net
    Jesus loves you seriously big time. He'd hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He'd windsurf across the oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered to tell you that your new haircut is the bee's knees.. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/email

You can also make a trial account and open a ticket that way, too.
    I am not 100% sure you can do that anymore, but I know for a fact you could pre-cata, so I doubt they stopped letting you do that.

+ Reply to Thread