+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ipv6?

Ipv6?

Can anyone give me a quick IPv6 for dummies as relates to WoW, and the grayed out box on my options? I can right click on my Connection, and I see IPv6. So I assume I have an IPv6 supported connection.

Did that feature get turned off while they fix everything they broke and is back burnered?

What, if anything, will that do for me/anyone?

For IPv6 to be properly enabled, your entire connection from your network card all the way to the ISP must support it and have it enabled. Just because it's listed in your network connection doesn't mean it's properly enabled.

The option is there mostly for future support.

And once it's there, can you explain what it'll do for me/us as players?

IPv6 significantly increases the size of the address space used to identify communication endpoints in the Internet, thereby allowing it to continue its tremendous growth rate and also offers a higher level of built-in security.

You can read the full article here: http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/1064417.htm
    EU | Genjuros | Buffalowings
    -| Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment. |-

Quote Originally Posted by Beovulf View Post
    And once it's there, can you explain what it'll do for me/us as players?
    Buffalowings has detailed what it does and a decent article. Ars Technica has a more technical article about IPv6: http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2007/03/IPv6.ars

Actual effect to you as a player? Nothing, it's all behind the scenes and ensures that your internet connection will work in the future.

+ Reply to Thread