+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with advodiance build

Help with advodiance build

Hello I have decided to change to advoidiance build instead of mastery.
    But I'm a bit confused on how to put points in parry and dodge. I have tried the askmrrobot but I think it's a bit strange build I come up with.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/mortor/simple

As you can se in % my parry is way higher then dodge. But when I hover my mouse on dodge and parry ingame the small tooltip window says that I have around 13% in both before dims.return.
    I know that parry and dodge are best if they are the same, but what numbers should be the same?

Nobody who can help me?

Re: Help with advodiance build

It's because you also have avoidance through talents.

This response is evidence that Droid, indeed, Does.

Subtract the 4% from Swordshattering, that is your pre-DR parry. 34.83% avoidance is what you have at the moment before DR... You are losing about 1.8% from your dodge, and 1.7% from your parry. So really you are at 31.33% + 5% miss, so about the same as a 5 man geared feral druid, while severely gimping your healing and absorb ability, and reducing your max HP.

I think avoidance stacking may be a tier or 2 away, and by then we may be back to infinite healer mana, so it won't even matter.

Edit: My napkin math may be a bit off, did it the lazy way in my head.
    Last edited by Rigwarl; 04-28-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortor View Post
    Nobody who can help me?
    If you are pushing for "least hits taken" you want your dodge rating to equal your parry rating.
    "I'll smash you and melt away Coolmint Island!"

The reason why i want to change to avodiance instead of mastery is because I offtank raids and on the third boss in BWD the healers have a hard time keeping me up when I have 9 adds before green fase. I can't use my DS on this fight much because I have to maintain good aggro on adds and that offcause means no BS and no selfhealing. So I want to try avoidance build to see if this works better.

There is no reason to limit your ability usage for that fight. You have a long time where you only need to beat healer aggro and should have a huge lead by the time dps burns them. Death strike is good threat and there is no negative that I am aware of to self healing on this fight or any other.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

+ Reply to Thread