+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! We cant kill chogall!

Help! We cant kill chogall!

HalP!

So I pugged an excellent team yesterday with 1 dk tank, 1 bear tank, 1 healer priest holy (me), 1 Pally holy, 1 Shamy healer, 1 mage, 1 warlock, 1 hunter, 1 rogue, dont remember the other one.

We oneshoted Valiona and Council with no wipes, but we tried to kill chogall, Ill think we wiped almost 20 times, and we play like 4 hours, and still we couldnt kill him.

The dps was decent and healings was excellent, tanking too. some times at the last phase maybe 1 or none has 30 Corruption no more than that, some times 2 or 3 with 30 to 50 corruption. We tried to put Chogall near his throne so dps can have more chance to kill those worms. The thing is I saw a pattern, on EVERY wipe, we died almos instantly when chogall reaches within 200-300k!, and I dont know exactly why, we were kinda separated to not vomit between us and we try to kill all the worms, nonetheless it was useless on 300k every member take a lot of damage and its impossible to top that.

I dont have any clue why is that and if you have any strategy for that last part is most welcome.

best regards
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/naphazw/simple
    Other Characters visit my profile

It might be a lack of burst. My pug group last night killed cho'gall by going all in at 400kish and just interupting the beams eye stalks. Id need to look at a world of logs report or somthing to get more info.

Our guild places him on the biggest wall, which is the back left or right wall. Melee takes care of all tentacles in melee and tank range, ranged takes care of everything else. BL after the first set of tentacles are down. Make sure youre using AOE stuns/interrupts on grouped tentacles. Do not allow the tank on chogall to get the healing debuff during p2 from tentacles.

Seems like your corruption is OK. No one in your raid should be over 30 corruption, ideally 0 before p2.

heres our kill vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NoD76Sl4Rc
    Prot War: US|Aegwynn|Horde|Cuddlebunny

we normally use 2 healers

Our guild used to have a hell of a time with p2, its cake now though. Sounds like just an interrupt issue, or perhaps neglecting to tank switch on fury in p2. Other than that ya, just burst dps and healing. I feel p2 is something of a gear check also, even if everything goes right. Btw i dont really think this goes here ^^ theres a whole section for tier 11 raid disscussion.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Illidan/L%C3%ABverage/

20 wipes is really not a lot if that's your first ever time facing him. The level of difficulty difference between Cho/Nef and everything else on normal modes is kind of unfair. Before they nerfed council it was sort of a step up at least to get you ready. When you are first learning you will need to be nearly perfect on corruption (0 people over 25 before p2), you will need to be nearly perfect on the stalks (interrupt them as continuously as possible. AoE stuns are huge here), and you will have to have your tanks Chain CDs and swap after fury during p2. Healers should all turn away from the raid and should save their big AoE healing CDs for later in P2, like start chaining them after the 2nd wave of stalks. Everything helps/matters here. Your tanks need to keep both debuffs on the boss 100% of the time. Your healers need to make sure they go into p2 with nearly full mana. Your DPS should all eat a pot during the bloodlust p2. It all matters when first learning it.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

Thanks so much for the replies!

So im totally enraged! XD I want to kill this guy but really... I tought it was literally impossible.

So melee and range need to stay separated to not vomit other raid members, how many yards?
    We need to aoe int, does psych scream count? any arcane torrent? which int abilities are the best for this?

All DPS must concentrate on int and kill worms? all the raid to kill each worm or separate the raid on killing and int the 4 of them?

On the raid I pugged the other day, no tank died on p2, so I will think they changed every fury correctly.

So te secret is to stay away one from another, int asap and kill fast the worms, and go to the nearest wall so the 4 worms, 2 and 2, can spawn near chogall and int/kill.

Thanks for the info!

Best Regards!

Try two healing it. It will help with killing eyestalks in p2. Make sure you get all of them asap and interrupt their casting.

Also, we didnt oom, on the start of p2 I popped HOH, and the Shaman place the totem of spirit, Ive also popped the CD of the Trinket, and usually I dont oom, I have 90 sp and 300 Sp for the flask.

This thread should be in the Cataclysm Tier 11 raid section down below, where you'd also find this thread with lots of good advice in: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...75-Chogall-10M

+ Reply to Thread