+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Warrior tank trouble stat weights

i think thats the point though, they want Warriors/Pallies to use X over Y, if X isn't attractive enough they buff X, or Nerf Y, and they can't Nerf Y without Screwing over the absorb tanks who can't use X. And while some of us read this thread and ones like it elswhere, I would hazard a guess the vast majority are still using the austere

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiyama View Post
    "The shield block value bonus from Eternal Earthsiege Diamond has been increased to 3%, up from 1%."

Hmm... not sure why this was needed given the numbers we have discussed in this thread. Seems like this change is gonna make Eternal absolutely slaughter Austere.
    After the proposed paladin nerf from 40% blocks to 30%. I fully expect a Warrior block nerf to follow. This change may be with other changes in mind. A large portion of this meta's value is due to critical blocks, maybe we'll lose them altogether.
    "I'll smash you and melt away Coolmint Island!"

Hmm, even if that's the case it will still probably be quite superior. The loss to the base block values wouldn't impact the meta at all, since it's a flat add--perhaps a slight compensation, but either way it would leave the Austere pretty low on the totem pole.

Do see what you're saying Tengenstein, but considering we're already showing the Eternal as better than the Austere, tripling it's value seems a bit overkill!
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

Did some math on the metagems. Armor without austere 58,10% reduction, with 58,58% reduction. The values below are percentage of full damage taken, armor reduction multiplied by block/critblock.

Austere: hit 41,42% block 28,99% critblock 16,57%
    Eternal(1%): hit 41,90% block 28,91% critblock 15,92%
    Eternal(3%): hit 41,90% block 28,07% critblock 14,25%

Austere will provide a bit more EH equivalent of 1-2k hp compared to the eternal(1%) in a worst case scenario. Eternal(1%) metagem will provide a little bit more average damage reduction mostly cause of the critblocks.
    Looking at the eternal(3%) metagem it will even be better in a worst case scenario assuming it will include normal blocks.

It's worth converting those differences into reduction pecentages as well, especially with the increasing returns of raw percentages at high levels of reduction.

41.9% vs. 41.42% means you will take 1.15% less net damage on normal hits with the Austere compard to the 3% Eternal.

On the other hand, you will take 3.17% less net damage on blocks and 14% less net damage on critical blocks with the 3% Eternal.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

14% is....alot, even with a two roll system for crit blocks

I find it easier to compare the metagems when looking at the percentages i posted, but you're right the 2,32% difference on crit blocks is quite huge relative to each other.

+ Reply to Thread