+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot War: Fleet Shadowspirit Diamond worth considering?

Prot War: Fleet Shadowspirit Diamond worth considering?

I was just reading the arguments between Eternal & Austere meta gems that pre-dated the newest meta gem releases- and how it balances out ~somewhat~ evenly

Was wondering if anyone had considered crunching the numbers for using as a warrior tank:
    Meta- Fleet Shadowspirit Diamond +54 Mastery, Run Speed
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=52289
    Boots- Enchant Boots - Mastery +50 Mastery
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=52771

In place of either Eternal/Austere meta + Earthwalker's on boots
    (I value the movement speed buff highly & would not consider it replaceable)

Essentially gain 104 Mastery vs (81+30) 111 Stamina & either 1% SBV/2% Armour.

My experience thus far dictates that mastery really is King for prot wars- far more valuable than the lost Stamina.

Anyone agree/disagree? I'm not really competent enough to start throwing maths around.

The essential part is the 1% SBV respectively 2% armor increase, the stamina is only a neat bonus.

And Lava Walker is only 1 Maelstrom Crystal, reducing the gain in mastery even further.

1% SBV = ~ 120 mastery (179ish mastery = 1.5% block), correct? Or is SBV turning a 30% block into a 31% block?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

30% into 31%.

The stam and either armor or SBV are better. Stamina is still a valuable stat, and moreso in hardmodes.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I take the mastery enchant on boots anyway. Run speed just isn't as important to a warrior tank to begin with.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Thanks for the responses everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    Run speed just isn't as important to a warrior tank to begin with.
    Huh? You kited adds on nef and maloriak, right?

Out of all the fights out there, I think Halfus and Chim are the only fights where its not important. Even on Halfus there are fireballs.

Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    Huh? You kited adds on nef and maloriak, right?

Out of all the fights out there, I think Halfus and Chim are the only fights where its not important.
    Haven't done nef. For Maloriak, stuns, heroic leap, intervene and my priests psychic screaming have been more than sufficient. Don't get me wrong. It's nice to have, but I don't think it's worth giving up the mastery enchant to get when prot warriors already have the best mobility in the game built into their spec.

It does not matter how much mobility you have, nothing beats raw speed when your dealing with moving out of environmental damage or kiting things. I know I would give up a whole lot more than 15 mastery for 8% speed.

Why not get the 30 mastery/8% runspeed boot enchant (mentioned earlier) and the 81 stam + 1% SBV or 2% armor meta?

It does not matter how much mobility you have, nothing beats raw speed when your dealing with moving out of environmental damage or kiting things. I know I would give up a whole lot more than 15 mastery for 8% speed.
    I have to agree with this completely reev. When there's a mastery + runspeed boot enchant. I think the speed increase far outweighs the minuscule mastery gain from the raw mastery enchant.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

This x100. Raw speed is one of the best things any class can ever get, be it tank, dps, or healer. As previously mentioned Nef and Maloriak (specially HM Maloriak) they are invaluable but have plenty of value elsewhere (Add tanking on Cho'gal comes to mind, and Council as well as tons of other places). Speed is invaluable.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

Prot War: Fleet Shadowspirit Diamond worth considering?

Meh, I'll consider myself shouted down.

+ Reply to Thread