+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having trouble getting in raids

Having trouble getting in raids

hello all,

ive been playing wow for about 3 months now, ive got a prot paly with ilvl 353(fully gemmed, enchanted,...) the problem is im having trouble finding raids...ive been in the guild since ive started playing but it seems they just dont need a paladin tank...theres hardly any guild on the realm atm thats looking for a protection paladin and i cant get in pugs since everyone wants you to have achivments.....

any ideas how could i get in some raids?

Well one way is to start and run your own raid. Not always the best way but it is one way of getting one going.

If your guild isn't suited to how you want to raid then really you need to find another guild that sits you better. Getting into a Raiding guild as a tank is hard, competition is fierce and more often down to luck than anything else, in the 3 years i've been been with my guild i've seen 2 external succesful applicants as tanks, and one of them was my own. and it's not becuase they're crap, some of them are really well written, and these guys obviously know what they're doing but i just don't have a raid spot to give them.

Chat with your GM tell him your unhappy not raiding see if together you can come to a solution. if not then you really need to find another guild. if you're worried about not having expieirence and want to get some, get a raid ready off spec and expirience the raids that way and really show off you're knowledge of tanking on your app. No guild is going to decline an app becuase it was too detailed (though if they do, prolly for the best)

Yeah, start your own pug is one way, i guarentee for every tank itching for a raid there's several DPS. We get the instant ques in dungeon finder, i imagine forming a raid would be similar (with the exception of convieniance). The only problem you'll have is that you're going to have some VERY bumpy rides.

well as for making my own pug...i kinda suck at "leading" stuff....but thanks anyways hopefully ill find a solution somehow its just that for a month already i got the same ilvl...ive been doing same stuff all this time already (daily hcs, tol barad dailys, BH) i actually got so lucky to join a raid and we downed maloriak (without me knowing anything about the boss at all)...but that was pretty much it

well, read up on a raid, i'm sure this site will have plenty of forums on the mechanics of any raid you want to do, also look up the raid on WoW-head, (it's good to get as many perspectives on it as posible) and find videos of the boss fights. do this and you have effectively just made yourself into a informed leader.

(a little more to it than that, but you catch my drift)

I am building a raid team it is very hard to have patience. I have most of a great team built but I have to wait about a month for one of the healers schedules to free up and I don't have a raid ready co-tank yet although we smack Halfus around. I almost give up everyday it is hard to have patience but I have began to PVP and also working on building a 3v3 team on the side.. I think those who can tank can naturally PVP too because I think tanks are a different breed.. Build a 3v3 team.. I wish you were on my server I'd pug cata raid with becasey you only about 4 of my guys actually want to pug raid and the other tank isn't interested.

@gregasaurous

i know most of the tactics for bosses but like i said i never made a raid group and hopefully ill never have to...we'll see

What i was getting at (but completely forgot to point the suggestion in this direction, my bad) is that if you read up on it enough you should get an idea of what types of class/spec diversety you'll need. For example, all healing classes have an advantage to them, something they do a little better than the other classes, but different raids may call for a different class healers speciality.

Go holy also. I'm serious. Keep your prot spec, but a lot of times it's easier to get into raids as holy then prot. It will let you see the fights and at some point you'll be called on to tank. Giving yourself two ways into a raid is always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Go holy also. I'm serious. Keep your prot spec, but a lot of times it's easier to get into raids as holy then prot. It will let you see the fights and at some point you'll be called on to tank. Giving yourself two ways into a raid is always a good thing.
    Word.

+ Reply to Thread