+ Reply to Thread

Thread: enemy raid frame for rated BG

enemy raid frame for rated BG

Hi
    I would like to know if there is an addon like grid that display the enemy raid for BG.
    like grid + clique (or healbot) i'm looking for a raid fraim where i can see:
    class, health, buff/debuff of the enemy raid and where i can cast spell or use dispell like in healbot (with a simple click)
    in simple word an interactive global vision of the fight.
    thanks for any reply (and sorry for my terrible english)
    ^^

Not functionally possible.

UnitFrames must be assigned to a strong UnitID, and all UnitIDs are relative to the player. There is no way to create UnitIDs for hostile units other than the delivered options of the boss, arena, targets, or focus UnitIDs. Until Blizzard provides UnitIDs for the other team like they did with Arenas, such a thing is impossible. You can not create UnitIDs, only Blizzard can.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

oh... =.= ok
    I ask this because i find difficult to select faster the target in rated BG and all the time i die because a lock cast on me curse of tongue or other silence fron other player.
    I'm too slow in reaction in pvp.

The only addon I have for enemies is "Punks" which oddly enough comes with Carbonite.. Gladius sounds worth checking out what other addons do you guys use?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc309 View Post
    Read the posts more closely. Gladius is Arena unit frames. They are assigned to UnitIDs, Arena1, Arena2, Arena3, Arena4, and Arena5. You can not create unit ids, only Blizzard can. Blizzard delivers these unit ids.

The original poster is asking for battlegrounds, specifically rated battlegrounds. Blizzard does not provide unit ids for the opposing team in a battleground. Therefore...

Impossible
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

ahhh ... sorry
    BGs not arenas ...
    I should know better than to question quinafoi's statements
    Last edited by Doc309; 04-14-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Well then Punks wins the prize.. Install punks you can target with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Contravene View Post
    The only addon I have for enemies is "Punks" which oddly enough comes with Carbonite.. Gladius sounds worth checking out what other addons do you guys use?
    Carbonite's Punks list is not a unit frame. Rather it is a list of hostile targets encountered by you nearby or other carbonite users. I believe this functions similarly to the original Proximo, before Blizzard provided unit ids for Arena targets. The frames created are not unit frames, but rather frames bound to macros which can be used to target an individual. Since these are not unit frames, there is a great deal they can not do. If targeting on click is the only thing you want to do though it will suffice. You won't have nearly the enhanced information of a full unit frame such as buffs and cast bars. Nor will you be able to interact with it directly like a unit frame using things like clique casting or mouseover macros.

Should also note, the addon is Carbonite, Punks is just a feature in that. So if you are looking to download that you should be looking for Carbonite.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 04-14-2011 at 02:08 PM.

thanks for reply.

Yeah I realize Punks isn't unit frames it is just scanning for spells detected or something. It is the only tool I use/need really but if there was something better using frames I would certainly use that.

The BattlegroundsTarget addon seems to provide raid frames for the enemy in a BG:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ndtargets.aspx

It seems a fairly new mod - would be interested to hear any comments on it.

No matter what any addon calls it. Those are not "unit frames" because they have no unit id. Those are buttons that tie to targetexact macros. Now go up against a rated battle ground team where all the healers have names that match the names of pets from their pet classes. GG

It really annoys me when even the author of the addon describes their addon as unit frames because it can not be a unit frame without a unit id and unit frames have significantly more functionality than buttons do. Granted the general population won't understand this distinction but the author of the addon should be intelligent enough to know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    You can not create unit ids, only Blizzard can.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 08-02-2011 at 07:55 AM.

enemy raid frame for rated BG

The only addon I can think of Is one similar to gladius but for RBG's but this is extremely buggy at the moment and only shows what glades can. I don't remember the name properly I will find the link and post it (think it's called BGglad or something similar) but I don't think this is a unit frame, sure how it works so I'm not gonna say it is.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/bgglad.aspx
    The only thing I can suggest is getting tidyplates and enabling the cast bar for all enemies

Actually they don't even use targetexact, they use target so if both teams are from the same realm even similar names can cause errors. So if you're on the same realm as the opposing players and there is "thatguy" and "thatguya", clicking on the button (not a unit frame) for "thatguy" could actually target "thatguya" by mistake. Cross realms you could still get away with matching pet names similar to how this was used to beat earlier versions of Proximo in arenas before Blizzard actually created unit ids for the opposing arena team.

Don't get me wrong, this addon is a decent step forward but it does still have it's limitations. Until Blizzard actually gives you real unit ids for the opposing team in a battleground you can never guarentee reliability. Once real unit ids are provided then a real "unit frame" can be used.

+ Reply to Thread