+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OT Pally SOI fast weapon and stacked for haste?

OT Pally SOI fast weapon and stacked for haste?

As the number two tank in our little guild IM curious if anyone has an opinion on this before I actually gear this way. I am a SoI user and wondering if in an OT mode if using a faster weapon and stacking haste to self heal would be viable? IM looking at trying to maximize the self healing of SoI so as not to be a burden to healers. Also has anyone run the numbers on threat gained from the SoI heals? Is there threat generated?

IM looking at fightslike magmar and tanking the worms.

There are no fast weapons other than daggers, which paladins cannot equip. As for offtanking worms at magmaw if you prefer not to kite them, I would say a warrior is better suited to that job as they can go without healing once they start getting the parasites low and get victory rush activating when they die.

Re: OT Pally SOI fast weapon and stacked for haste?

AFAIK no threat is generated by SoI self-heals nor WoG heals on anyone in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedic View Post
    AFAIK no threat is generated by SoI self-heals nor WoG heals on anyone in the raid.
    WoG heals do not generate threat, but SoI heals do indeed (however, the mana gains of SoI do not).

Quote Originally Posted by CyCy
    I am a SoI user and wondering if in an OT mode if using a faster weapon and stacking haste to self heal would be viable?
    1. Insight is PPM-based, it scales better with slower weapons.
    2. Expertise (until softcap) > Hit (until 8% physical) ~ Strength > Expertise (until hardcap). Don't bother with haste rating.

Stacking haste or offensive stats instead of avoidance and migitation seems not to be convenient for that purpose. Just stick to your slow weapon, only thing worthy considering is dumping 3 points into holy (dropping Rule of Law and/or Pursuit of Justice) for additional 9% haste via Judgement of the Pure (that's equivalent to 1152 haste rating after all) and max Reckoning if you haven't already.

Moved the three pts to holy and made ahuge diff in five mans. Ran a reg to try it out and my self heals were almost 40% . Threat a non issue and dps not an issue going to try heroic tonite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread