+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to tanking lookin for tips

New to tanking lookin for tips

new to being a tank looking for all the tips and advice i can get. Ive started making a tank set in gear. tanking is my off spec. Looking to see if there is a rotation i should use way to set up my action bar to utilize my rotation. Any adivce would help me out alot. Comment let me know what i need here is the Armory Link for my new tankadin Thanks everyone for all the help. I really need it

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rrantix/simple

I didn't get to see your tank setup you were logged out in ret. Unlike Ret you will not care about Expertise or Hit unless as the tank you are on interrupt duty then you will need to cap hit. This is at a direct loss to competitiveness in the ability to take damage though.

Mastery is king and gear with Mastery/Parry or Mastery/Dodge as secondary stats is what you are after now. You might want to put some pieces with HIT in the bank as you take it off incase you want to meet your hit cap again. (I prefer to not be on interrupt duty but I am prepared to do whatever it takes without complaint so if I am asked I can do it.)

Rotation is a priority order but we need an opening rotation for initial threat because some of our threat comes from actually getting hit. So we come out swinging hard using Avenging Wrath + Inquisition is the idea. We fire Divine Plea if spec'd to get 3 HoPo so we have enough to fire Inquisition you want to cancelaura fast on DP because it reduces healing. DP, CancelAura, AW, Inq, AS, 939 "I use trinkets here also"

You can spec into some party buffs and holy radiance. This is a macro for me I fire what's left of my buffs when the healers are beginning to work hard.. If the fight goes long enough I at least fire Avenging Wrath again.

There's no stronger attack rotation then building 3 Holy Power and firing Shield of the Righteous. Holy Power also comes from Hammer of the Righteous unlike Ret spec.. Everything else is fillers using the highest damage filler possible while also remembering to cast Judgement often. It is cake compared to Ret..

One very important aspect I can think of right now is Holy Shields which can be generated by Inquisition, WoG, or firing SoTR depending on your setup. Holy Shields reduces incoming damage by 10% but it refreshes when you renew it so off/on.. I don't like that so I really try to always fire 3 Holy Power for the longest up time..

This is turning into a book..

New to tanking lookin for tips

Searching will provide a lot of threads to this kind of question.

One thing concerns me... You said "setting up my action bars for the rotation". That makes me think you want to click your abilities. If you want to tank, learningto keybind will be important for you. You need to be able to turn quickly, strafe, turn your camera, sometimes even back up While maintaining your rotation. You will also want to be able to press your next attack while popping a cd that is off the gcd at the same time. Those are all things clickers struggle to do.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

I was convinced clicking is superior so I was trying to switch and I gave up.. I never heard anyone say keyboard playing is better but it is how I feel. I can manage my rotation 100% of that time without looking. I see in the edges of my eyes what is ready to fire and my finger pushes down on the right key. I also have keybinds for everything from Freedom to Rebuke a simple key slap away.. Buffs, everything on keys.

Keyboard binding is better than clicking action bars. full stop. If you want to tank you want to stay that way

Lore also released several features about the disadvantages of clicking including wonderful examples, you might want to review some of his shows.

+ Reply to Thread