Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: H Conclave 10m

H Conclave 10m

we plan on working on this next any hints and tips you might have are very appreciated!

what ive gathered so far: frost is same as normal, wind guy puts up shield which deals dmg each second its up, life adds deal aoe dmg.
    ive read that a frost dk can kite the adds and a rouge can handle the shield on his own, is that accurate?
    if yes: we could bring a dk but probably wont have a rouge whats the best way of dealing with the shield?
    if i remember correctly from the few pulls we made so far adds+shield are on the same timer so is this fight even possible if you have neither dk nor rouge?

Basic strategy we would be trying next time we raid is: tank+heal+dk stay on life, pala tank stays on frost other ppl switch frost-wind to deal with shield/frost aoe bring both low wait for ultimate on frost finish them off healer stay rest->life heroism zerg life guy.
    any problems with that?

thanks for your help!

We tried it with a rogue today but he couldn't kill the shield fast enough and died nearly every time - there was no heal on his platform. We have a shaman/druid/paladin(or priest) heal setup. Any advice on how to better kill the shield, or tricks how to heal?

And our main problem will be that our rogue cannot come the next time, so did anyone kill this boss without a rogue and anyone who can kite the adds? We tried to kill the shield with rogue/warrior/hunter/warlock; but most times we died because of the last aoe tick or because wind wall killed us :/

You need to nuke the shield down with 2-3 dpsers.

This encounter is as far as I know NOT doable without a rogue (on 10 man).

The rogue cloaks of the stacks when everyone leaves for the ultimate and can selfheal through the storm and a bit after.

You should rotate healers from wind and frost platform.

Green is more str8 forward.

It kind of bothers me that you need that 1 class to get this HM on 10 man.

Bad design imo

My guild has used various compositions successfully now on the wind platform;

1x Paladin healer and:

Rogue/Mage (frost)
    Mage (frost)/Mage (frost)
    Shaman (enhancement) /Mage (frost)

Deep Freeze crits are amazing

The platform swaps are as follows:
    The healer and tank from frost swap with the healer and tank from nature just before every ultimate (sleet storm). The DPS from nature and 1 DPS and the healer from wind (leaving either a rogue, mage or shaman to survive wind on his own) swap to the frost platform as well to share the damage and help healing. After the sleet storm ends the DPS gets some damage in on the frost boss. The tanks and healers swap again (frost <-> nature) after the first healing circle has been cast on the nature platform. This is also the point when the DPS from frost swaps back to nature.

Basically the frost tank and healer only go over to nature to tank it there while frost is sleetstorming, waiting for the first healing circle, then jump back to frost and resume as normal.

To avoid the adds on the nature platform ruthlessly slaughtering everyone within eyesight with their AoE explosions we use a death knight tank there with Anti Magic Shell. We run with 1 destruction warlock in our conclave setups to shadowfury the adds just before they start exploding (this will remove the first AoE explosion alltogether).

To deal with adds:
    1. Drag the adds out of the healing circle.
    2. Warlock uses Shadowfury to stun them just before they explode (negates the explosion alltogether).
    3. 10-15 seconds of AoE time until the next explosion. (They should be dead by then)
    4. Death Knight tank uses Anti Magic Shell if the Shadowfury is misstimed.

The above always results in us killing Wind first (we keep it at 5%). When Nature goes equally low we finish both Nature and Wind off at the same time so everyone can pile up on frost to nuke him down. He is usually at 20% max. by that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Legionella View Post
    This encounter is as far as I know NOT doable without a rogue (on 10 man).

It kind of bothers me that you need that 1 class to get this HM on 10 man.
    It's certainly doable without a frost death knight and without a rogue :P
    Last edited by Rekcinad; 02-21-2011 at 07:05 PM.

So when the fight begins you have one paladin heal + 2 dps on wind (why shaman/mage, can they also reset stacks or protect themselves from the heavy aoe?). Also the paladin won't be able to reset stacks with bubble every time, so can the remaining dps stay alive?
    So you have three heal, 3 tanks (two on nature) and 4 dps, whereas only 2 dps are on the nature platform to dps the adds - because the other two are on wind/frost?

2 tanks. The nature tank tanks both adds + the boss.

The paladin healer resets his stacks by going to the frost platform to heal sleet storm. The same thing goes for one of the wind platform DPS.

How does a mage/shaman prevent death when hes on the wind platform from start untill at least after the ultimate when someone replaces him?If he gets a bit unlucky with debufs hell get huge dmg ! A rogue barely manages it with cloaking and self healing I wonder how the shaman or mage handles that???

I have a question about adds on nature platform :
    We have tried to stun them before their aoe, with me (prot war) and a destruction warlock.
    Sometimes an add is bad positionned (sometimes the last add takes a long time to activate and come with the others) so stun fails, but there are cases where stuns are correct, but they still cast (or at least 1 add still casts) their aoe.

For example :

Code:
    [22:01:08.387] Ravenous Creeper Trigger dies
    [22:01:09.166] Ravenous Creeper Trigger dies
    [22:01:10.406] Ravenous Creeper Trigger dies
    [22:01:11.145] Ravenous Creeper Trigger dies
    [22:01:12.396] Ravenous Creeper Trigger dies
    [22:01:17.217] Ravenous Creeper afflicted by Shockwave from Slymette
    [22:01:18.423] Ravenous Creeper afflicted by Shadowfury from Géonte
    [22:01:19.139] Ravenous Creeper Toxic spores Typolite 40000 (R: 10000)
    [22:01:19.139] Ravenous Creeper Toxic spores Slymette 31432 (A: 4568, R: 10000)
    [22:01:19.996] Géonte's Shadowfury fades from Ravenous Creeper
    [22:01:20.226] Ravenous Creeper Toxic spores Typolite 45000 (R: 5000)
    [22:01:20.226] Ravenous Creeper Toxic spores Slymette 31500 (R: 15000)
    [22:01:20.988] Ravenous Creeper Toxic spores Typolite 45000 (R: 5000)
    [22:01:21.242] Slymette's Shockwave fades from Ravenous Creeper
    Any idea, something we're doing bad ?

On this example it's not fatal but there are examples where adds are stun, one or two still casts his aoe and two-shots me...
    Last edited by Kylm; 02-25-2011 at 02:39 AM.

I'll ask the mages and shaman in question today how exactly they handle the Wind platoform. Stay tuned for that one

Edit: The shaman stacks up 5x Searing Totem dots for the shield, and uses Lava Lash then as soon as the shield comes active. The shaman survives by using Shamanistic Rage, Stoneform and a healthstone at 10-14 stacks. The mage uses Deep Freeze on the shield. This combined with the shaman damage breaks it immediately.

The mage should stay on the Wind platform during the first 2 "Ultimate" casts, as he can ice block on both to clear the debuff stacks on him. The 3rd one will be done by the shaman which he survives as outlined above.

As for the adds, the Anshal tank (Blood Death Knight) gathers them up ASAP, we wait for the AoE CD timer to almost finish, stun, and start AoEing (Drag them out of the healing circle first). In the case one or two get an AoE off, then the death knight tank uses his Anti Magic Shield to survive while the ranged DPS stands at max range so they don't get hit.
    Last edited by Rekcinad; 02-25-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks for asking them.

Hey guys!

Our mage and our rogue seem to have some troubles to put the shield down fast enough. How much dmg should be done?

And one more question about the adds on the nature plateforme. We don't have any warlock, and our Dk won't be often there. So with, 2 hunts and one shadow priest, is it better to try to kite them or to nuke them down?

thanks for your answers!

use spriest + rogue on wind, spriests have huge burst for the shield or have mage go frost for deep freze , misidrect adds to tank kite with trap and just burn them i guess

A mage there does wonders too, deepfreeze is awesome for the shield.

On wind we use disc + rogue with hunter. I am disc. I shield everyone before pull and do not shield before 8 sec shield comes up. Depending on RNG (crits, procs etc..) you can take shield down with all people on platform at 80%. Looking who got hit I spam binding heal on that target. One dps leaves earlier and it is me and rogue left. When I have 10 sec before ultimate, I shield and PoM the rogue. Stack up on frost and leave immediately after ulti end. If rogue is at 80-90% i cast 1 or 2 PoH before leaving the platform. Waiting for conformation from our rogue that wind blast is away from platform and it is safe to jump. Then sometimes I struggle to top all of them before next shield but it is definitely doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekcinad View Post
    The platform swaps are as follows:
    The healer and tank from frost swap with the healer and tank from nature just before every ultimate (sleet storm). The DPS from nature and 1 DPS and the healer from wind (leaving either a rogue, mage or shaman to survive wind on his own) swap to the frost platform as well to share the damage and help healing. After the sleet storm ends the DPS gets some damage in on the frost boss. The tanks and healers swap again (frost <-> nature) after the first healing circle has been cast on the nature platform. This is also the point when the DPS from frost swaps back to nature.

Basically the frost tank and healer only go over to nature to tank it there while frost is sleetstorming, waiting for the first healing circle, then jump back to frost and resume as normal.
    Is there a reason why the tanks/heals from nature/frost don't wait for before the ultimates to switch again? As opposed to switching after the first healing circle.

To many stacks will easily kill you on the ice plattform.

So lemme try to plot the scenario, the FIRST tank/heal from nature/frost switch will happen before the first ultimate, the SECOND switch will happen after the first healing circle after the first ultimate, the THIRD switch will happen before the second ultimate, the FOURTH switch will happen after the first healing circle after the second ultimate, and so forth? I'm guessing the switch after the healing circle is necessary because of the accumulated frost debuff stacks from the ultimate which didn't happen before the first ultimate?

The ultimate only deals damage, the stacks are applied automatically for staying on his plattform every ~ 10s all the time. You might want to research the basics of that fight before engaging it

Yes I know the ultimate deals damage and does more with more debuff stacks a player has, but from most places I've read, people have been doing the swap before the ultimates ONLY (ie. 3 tank/heal swaps TOTAL if you kill the boss after the THIRD ultimate). Are those extra swaps necessary if your healers on the frost platform aren't capable of healing the tanks with more than 4-5+ stacks? I just want to know if that's the only reason. I'm guessing if tanks/heals from nature/frost swap only before each ultimate, the frost debuffs should stack to around 9-10.
    Last edited by timoseewho; 04-17-2011 at 04:49 PM.

I've seen a few guilds that have been having 2 pally healers on Nezir's platform for tank healing and they aren't swapping at all. The tanks still swap to rest stacks but the pallies were able to stay on the platform for the duration of the encounter. I didn't think it was possible since the damage would be too high and they can only reset their stacks once from bubble. Only thing I can think of is that the damage is healable on the healer's since they aren't getting the breath or the stacks reset on their own during the ultimate. Anyone have any ideas on this?
    MT and GM of Relentless Onslaught of Zul'jin
    RelentlessOnslaught.enjin.com