+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remember Swifty?

Remember Swifty?

He was that crazy warrior in Vanilla who posted all sorts of videos showing the nutso stuff you could do as a warrior. He's now a pretty awesome PvPer, and someone linked me this video earlier:

I normally don't dig songs about WoW, but this one was pretty darn cool. Anyone have anything like it?

ha, i remember swifty, he was baller for a while, then he tried to make cash on some weird videos (lost interest in him around then) and then came back as a baller prot warrior pvp. it was pretty awesome.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I use to watch his videos a good bit. ( I fell in love with another prot warrior's videos however.) The song was really sweet. I love how she isn't even a resto druid. >< LOL.

Tayth had baller ass prot videos.

Oh god. This guy's on my server. I've killed him a few times, he's killed me a few more times. I don't blame the guy for cashing in on sponsorships, but be a bit more subtle about it, eh?
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

i remember watching videos by a warrior named swifty.he was terrible and looked like a retard but apparently alot of people like him

is that the swifty your talking about?

I miss McHammer in the pally forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    Oh god. This guy's on my server. I've killed him a few times, he's killed me a few more times. I don't blame the guy for cashing in on sponsorships, but be a bit more subtle about it, eh?
    FFS, you all should be... tbh... more thankful to him that be brings some money to this game... it's only good thing for wow as community that some sponsors are interested in promoting themselves in this game... and there are cool prices to be won.... like mouses etc for other gamers... whatever... "oh noes he makes living of wow videos, bah he sucks". He loves what he does and that's great.
    Last edited by Subzeronoh; 04-20-2011 at 12:30 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Subzeronoh/advanced

oh noes he makes living of wow videos, bah he sucks
    he doesnt suck because of that,hes actually a pretty bad warrior.but everyone thinks hes good

unless swifty has changed since the last time i used to watch videos of him.cuz i dont play my warrior anymore and thats when i stopped watching his videos
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 04-23-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpJuice4 View Post
    he doesnt suck because of that,hes actually a pretty bad warrior.but everyone thinks hes good

unless swifty has changed since the last time i used to watch videos of him.cuz i dont play my warrior anymore and thats when i stopped watching his videos
    He has changed a lot, he's pretty damn good tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzeronoh View Post
    FFS, you all should be... tbh... more thankful to him that be brings some money to this game... it's only good thing for wow as community that some sponsors are interested in promoting themselves in this game... and there are cool prices to be won.... like mouses etc for other gamers... whatever... "oh noes he makes living of wow videos, bah he sucks". He loves what he does and that's great.
    Lets be very clear here... Swifty needs WoW. WoW doesn't need Swifty. And Swifty, I highly doubt, brings anyone into the game. Sponsors aren't interested in bringing money into WoW and their sponsorships won't make WoW anymore popular than it is now. Instead they are trying to cash in on the huge subscriber base.

I'd never heard of Swifty before this thread and I've never seen his video. I don't know if he's good or bad and I don't care. If he can make some dough off playing WoW, more power too him. But taking the point that his videos somehow make WoW more popular? At any measurable level (such as 10,000 players play just because they saw his videos?) or continue to play because of his videos? That... I don't buy.

And you quoted Reev who actually says Swifty is as good/better than he is and somehow infer Reev is calling him a scrub? Seriously?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Lets be very clear here... Swifty needs WoW. WoW doesn't need Swifty. And Swifty, I highly doubt, brings anyone into the game. Sponsors aren't interested in bringing money into WoW and their sponsorships won't make WoW anymore popular than it is now. Instead they are trying to cash in on the huge subscriber base.

I'd never heard of Swifty before this thread and I've never seen his video. I don't know if he's good or bad and I don't care. If he can make some dough off playing WoW, more power too him. But taking the point that his videos somehow make WoW more popular? At any measurable level (such as 10,000 players play just because they saw his videos?) or continue to play because of his videos? That... I don't buy.

And you quoted Reev who actually says Swifty is as good/better than he is and somehow infer Reev is calling him a scrub? Seriously?
    well Razar isn't making a HUGE amount of money since they're giving swifty a lot of their top of the line stuff to give away for free.

I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    well Razar isn't making a HUGE amount of money since they're giving swifty a lot of their top of the line stuff to give away for free.
    I would suggest that either:
    A) They are currently accepting a loss to build market share and a loyal consumer base; or
    B) They are selling far more units than otherwise and they attribute it to viewers of Swifty's product placement videos.

No company is going to sponsor anyone and give away gear without something in return that meets or exceeds their income without it, unless they make a mistake. I wouldn't be surprised if their numbers show they are making a good bit more and more importantly, building a strong brand name and strong brand loyalty in the process for repeat business.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post

Swifty absolutely makes Blizzard money.
    Individuals like Swifty, improve the WoW community which keeps people playing which makes Blizzard money.

Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    Not sure if you are being sarcastic but imho that means Razor IS making a lot of money off him...
    Do you want me to cast Lifebloom inside you?

First time I ever heard of swifty was the following 2 videos. I saw them as I was grinding the old pvp system on my warrior, was about rank 8 or 9 at the time. I was seriously considering quiting wow until I saw these videos (also because the music is amazing).

Also after I saw this video I spent the next 2 weeks fighting with what must have been 20 GMs to try and get that skull restored until I finally got a 7 day forced vacation lol

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

granted swifty isn't as good as xav with pve or veev and dahis in pvp but he shares alot of tricks and tips for warrior pvp that most high end pvp warriors don't. so what if he makes money for doing videos? i think he deserves it for taking the time and effort into making videos that help players out.

no one busts on aliena for her pve videos even though she isn't in a top world guild. same thing goes for swifty. he might not get gladiator every season but he's good enough to get paid for making his tips/tricks videos...
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

swifty convinced me to play my warrior instead of a shaman, never played another char since....

I actually like watching Swifty's original video, because I recognize most of the names in it from back in the day, and I get to see them in all the gear I remember them wearing. Chipman, Sephs, Howitzer, Takuu, Sponge, Dollwin, FF (was a cool guy), Vtoejoe, Tigerheart, etc. I really kind of miss the days when I actually recognized people outside of my guild on my server.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

seriously, why are people even arguing about this. the thread was just about a video papa found regarding a video, not about how legitimate swifty was as a player or money maker, or wow bringerererer of peoples. he's obviously infamous enough for people to know who he is and that it took enough for someone to write him a song. that's it.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 04-28-2011 at 04:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread