+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pally Avoidence Stats

Pally Avoidence Stats

I just came back to WoW after a few month break. While I was away I didnt really follow any of the new theorycrafting or any of the new info about classes, so I'm wondering what are the best/worst avoidence stats for a pally.

I know that mastery is king so I'm just looking at the other 2. Dodge better than parry or the other way around? Also what is the best for prismatic slots since i'm a Blacksmith and will have 2 on my bracers and gloves, full mastery or mastery/stam gem?

Plus feel free to rate my gear, I know its not finished but if you see something I'm missing (besides trinkets, keep losing the bloody rolls on them), I'm always looking for helpful feedback.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...maspike/simple

Whichever you have the least rating of is the better one for you to stack. you want to end up full buffed with the same amount of ratings from each.

I'd stick stam Mastery in the BS sockets but really it depends on the content, in a 5 man HC I'd put full mastery. In a HC raid I'd put full stam.

Mastery is where it is. Get lots and lots and lots. EH is still in effect.
    Dodge over Parry for pallies.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Banterloft View Post
    Dodge over Parry for pallies.
    Can you explain me why? I always try to keep both as close to each other as possible to reduce the diminishing return but if there is a reason to keep dodge higher I'd like to know.
    EU | Genjuros | Buffalowings
    -| Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment. |-

if you dodge you gain mana through Sanctuary, otherwise there is no inherent benefit to dodge rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    if you dodge you gain mana through Sanctuary, otherwise there is no inherent benefit to dodge rating.
    Ahh, I see. Not really worth it though since you also gain mana when blocking so no real need to reforge or gem into more dodge then parry.
    EU | Genjuros | Buffalowings
    -| Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment. |-

Cool thanks for the info.

I was under the impression that DR for parry came out a bit later then dodge, and ideally you should have 1% more parry then dodge actualy...

Quote Originally Posted by aresius View Post
    I was under the impression that DR for parry came out a bit later then dodge, and ideally you should have 1% more parry then dodge actualy...
    DR for dodge and Parry are equal. It's really your talent choices that dictate which one is preferrable or if they should be kept equal.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

As a pally tank stats are from what i hear 102.4 but how is that number reached i have 13.26 dodge, 13.01 parry and 43.96 block unbuffed, ie no mastery or dodge food, so what and how do i reach 102.4...

Please and thankyou

Re: Pally Avoidence Stats

Quote Originally Posted by aresius View Post
    I read somewhere on maintankadin that dodge hits dr at a bit over 8% and parry hits it a bit before 11%. I can't find the post anymore but I think it was by theck. Looking at my own numbers, it appears to be the case but I could be wrong. I will try to find the post again.

Edit: Maybe it was an old thread. That plus the reforge interface apparently not considering dr screwed me up. Forget what I said

They both hit DR at 14% now.
    Before Cata Parry was subject to DR faster than Dodge was.

Quote Originally Posted by Serif View Post
    As a pally tank stats are from what i hear 102.4 but how is that number reached i have 13.26 dodge, 13.01 parry and 43.96 block unbuffed, ie no mastery or dodge food, so what and how do i reach 102.4...

Please and thankyou
    Stack mastery.

Parry rating and dodge rating start getting a diminishing return from the first rating point onwards, it is only later that it becomes more pronounced. They never "hit DR", because the DR is in effect from the get-go.

Your base parry chance is about 1% higher than your base dodge chance, this is the reason why your unbuffed dodge and parry chances are about 1% apart with similar rating amounts.

Paladins would theoretically prefer dodge chance to parry chance because you regen mana on block and dodge, but the benefit is so minimal that it is virtually non-existent. Warriors will prefer parry chance because of "hold the line", I don't know how large the benefit from that is though and whether it is better to increase your CTC instead.

+ Reply to Thread