+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HM 5mans, 333- trash drops?

HM 5mans, 333- trash drops?

I've been trying to get a 346 Thundercall from h vp , I've been quite frusterated, as only the low lvl one drops...Now i've seen players with 346 versions of rainsong, thundercall, dark sky treads, etc. But i personnally, never see 346 trash drops...Can someone explain to me why this is? Or is it a chance that the h version and reg version will drop in h modes? Atlasloot only lists the reg versions, but ive seen the 346 ones equipped on players, and in links in these forums..I am so confused!

Thank You, in advance for any help

Trash in heroics drop 333 gear; just the way it is.

Then where does the 346 Rainsong , and Thundercall, and Darksky Treads come from?>

Thundercall , Darkskye Treads , Impetuous Query etc.... These are the same trash drops, from the same places, only better...Were the 346's removed? or is it a chance to get either or 333-346 dropd in heroic? I guess im asking is it still possible to get the 346 versions>? I know they're here, or were, i've noted players equipping them.!

No idea.

The 346 items exist in the game files but do not drop in game. In Cataclysm Beta there was a bug that allowed for the Heroic versions of the items to drop in the normal instance. In order to prevent this issue, they simply removed the Heroic versions of the items from the loot tables of the mobs in the instance. I believe this was done before release so there shouldn't be anyone on a live server with these items (though I could be mistaken and this could have been patched after release). Sadly, they did not compensate by creating new sources of of 346 items in particular slots so in a few cases where there may be only one 346 option viable for your given spec since the alternative was one of these items which can't drop (most slots have at least two options at the 346 item level).
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Tyvm....This was confusing, me..And yes, im almost 100% positive i saw players live with said items equipped, and i was thinking they have to have been reomved...You answered my question..

Thanx Again,

I found a post today with someone who aquired a 346 H VP trash drop..

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../mackoy/simple (I apologize for posting your armory Mackoy, but I'm so confused about these 346 trash drops, this seems to further misconstrue whats happening)

If you extent his "Recent Activity", you'll note that he just aquired " Thundercall " 2 days ago....

Thundercall is off the last boss in Vortex Pinnacle...it's not a trash drop.

The other items don't exist.

I've got Thundercall, I had it drop off the last boss in VP. I'm logged out in my DPS set, but here's my direct link to WoW heroes:
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...nor/Loganisis/ (just click on the prot spec link next to my avatar).

I thought they had added them into boss loot tables? Anyway, I know it drops from VP cuz I gots me one. I guess it's not set on exactly how it will drop :-/
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Your're right...I think i was thinkign of the "Abatement Cannon"

Thundercall was added back in 4.0.6 to a bosses loot table because there was no, zero, nada, option for a tank gun at the 346 item level. This item in particular got special treatment because there litterally was no alternative. Many other of the heroic versions of trash drops however do not exist.

Even according to the armory itself.

Thundercall does have a source:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/56376

But others such as...

Rainsong does not have a source:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/56377
    However a spirit trinket has a viable alternative in Sea Star.

Oasis Bracers do not have a source:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/56405
    However leather caster bracer has a viable alternative in Armbands of Change.

I suspect at some point Blizzard may add the other items back, but there was a rush to get the tanking gun in game sooner cause there really was no actual alternative at the 346 item level.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Riz View Post
    Your're right...I think i was thinkign of the "Abatement Cannon"
    That item is a World Drop, you don't even have to be in an instance to see it. No "Heroic" version exists because no "Normal" (dungeon) version exists.

Alright, Thank you...I've been getting my gear drop lists from atlasloot, and it apparently doesnt update well...It's still got "Thunderstruck" as a dungeon trash drop, and the gun that drops from the final VP boss is listed as "Lightning Flash"....But,it doesnt have HALF of the endgame enchants either...So my total source of information was failed from the start...Thank you all for your input and patients =)

+ Reply to Thread