+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting from Ironforge to Felwood/Darkshore?

Getting from Ironforge to Felwood/Darkshore?

Dear Aficiandos, I'm noob. However, got IF quest for "little slime goes long way". Laris Geardawdle is offering me 2 gold, so this isn't basic quest. I'm level 60 warrior. He mentions felwood. I have researched other player notes, but can't find means to cross the ocean. What do you think?

Stormwind Harbor goes to Night Elf island and Borean Tundra (northend) depending on which boat

Night Elf island has a boat to return to SW and a boat to Exodar. Also a FP to Darkshore.

The Wetlands city, Menthil Harbor (spelling) has a boat to Theramore (Duskwood Marsh) and to Howling Fjord (northend) depending on the boat.

Booty Bay (Stranglethorn Vale) has a boat to Rachet (Barrens)

Have I missed any?

Other than that - you could always ask/pay a mage to port you to Darnassus or Exodar or Theramore.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I remember that quest; what a pain in the ass.

It's level 54 quest that gives leather/mail so before you embark on the journey decide if it's worth it. I suggest getting to Outlands where you'll be getting more then 2 gold per quest. http://www.wowhead.com/quest=4513

Unless you want the Gnomer rep.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Stormwind Harbor goes to Night Elf island and Borean Tundra (northend) depending on which boat

Night Elf island has a boat to return to SW and a boat to Exodar. Also a FP to Darkshore.

The Wetlands city, Menthil Harbor (spelling) has a boat to Theramore (Duskwood Marsh) and to Howling Fjord (northend) depending on the boat.

Booty Bay (Stranglethorn Vale) has a boat to Rachet (Barrens)

Have I missed any?

Other than that - you could always ask/pay a mage to port you to Darnassus or Exodar or Theramore.
    Loganisis, many thanks for your feedback. You are very helpful. Hard to find such generosity around here! Mayagoitya

"Night Elf island" probably refers to Teldrassil. From Stormwind, you can go to the docks with the ELVEN ARCHES over the pier. And also confirm with its dockmaster to make sure it goes to Teldrassil (Rutheran village). From Rutheran village at Teldrassil, it's a free flight to Lor'Danel (or wait for a boat to Lor'Danel), At Teldrassil, near the pink portal to Darnassus, there is a flightmaster.

Once at Lor'danel, getting to Felwood is not a straight run. If you are a level 60 warrior and have your flying, you can fly over the mountains directly to Felwood. If you are a poor bastard, then ride south all the way to Ashenvale, through Astranaar, until the road curves East, and then North back into Felwood. It's a long ass ride, so have a lot of snacks ready IRL for the ride and maybe watch some TV while you are riding...

Insahnity, many thanks for your quick info. regards, Mayagoitya

LOL - I can't spell English, let alone words made up for WoW, therefore it's all about context with me XD - Insahnity does a great job of cleaing up my contextual mess.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Or you can hire a trusty mage to port you from Theramore and follow the directions from thereamore listed above. It'll save you some of the Eastern Kingdoms schlep.

Fly to stormwind and take the boat. Simple.

I'm kind of curious as to how one leveled to 60 and never ventured across to Kalimdor?

Its not hard - I leveled a priest in EK and I think I only went to kalimdor via random dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Its not hard - I leveled a priest in EK and I think I only went to kalimdor via random dungeons.
    But I mean in the sense of not even being curious as to what's on that other continent on my map? Or where do I end up when I take this boat from Booty Bay or Menethil Harbor? I recall leveling my first toon and jumping on the boat at Stormwind just to see where it went and winding up at Darkshore.
    Just seems odd, that's all.

I fixed the title so it wasn't an eyesore anymore. The whole caps except what needed to be capped was a lil silly looking.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    But I mean in the sense of not even being curious as to what's on that other continent on my map? Or where do I end up when I take this boat from Booty Bay or Menethil Harbor? I recall leveling my first toon and jumping on the boat at Stormwind just to see where it went and winding up at Darkshore.
    Just seems odd, that's all.
    I think the leveling process is streamlined enough that you can happily finish up zones without getting sick of them. And streamlined enough that you end up staying nearby. No more lvl 30 and saying hell no to Desolace (I hope, about to level up my Goblin...) and looking at wowwiki to see where else you can level. Then I know a lot of people hated Un'Goro, but Blasted Lands didn't really have any quests and Searing Gorge was mostly oriented towards a raid you were never going to do.

Beyond how directed everything supposedly is now, I know when I was a newb I skipped on exploring some of the boats and all, cuz I wasn't sure how I was going to get back or even thought it was just part of the scenery =x.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    I think the leveling process is streamlined enough that you can happily finish up zones without getting sick of them. And streamlined enough that you end up staying nearby. No more lvl 30 and saying hell no to Desolace (I hope, about to level up my Goblin...) and looking at wowwiki to see where else you can level. Then I know a lot of people hated Un'Goro, but Blasted Lands didn't really have any quests and Searing Gorge was mostly oriented towards a raid you were never going to do.

Beyond how directed everything supposedly is now, I know when I was a newb I skipped on exploring some of the boats and all, cuz I wasn't sure how I was going to get back or even thought it was just part of the scenery =x.
    Yeah, I can see that; I really didn't take the new questing into consideration. I remember getting the boat to Darkshore, then getting right back on cause I thought I was going to get attacked since it was so dark over there compared to SW - it just looked like a bad place for a lvl 10 hunter.

Getting from Ironforge to Felwood/Darkshore?

Many thanks to each of you for giving me insight into that trip to Ironforge. I didn't attempt this trip before level 60 only by coincidence. I'm a total newb. I'm trying to become more effective writing macros etc. My warrior, Mayagoitya, has gotten kicked out of dungeons too many times when he tries to tank. I have been researching tanking tactics etc. Still have not succeeded. I am now trying to be an effective warrior dps in dungeons, trying to spec up etc. Note: I am a baby boomer long overdue in knowing this fantastic WOW. Many Thanks, Mayagoitya.

ps. expect no mercy
    Last edited by SalElmo; 04-19-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SalElmo View Post
    I'm a total newb.
    You choice of font betrays this...

Probably best to lay off the big bold letters.

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    You choice of font betrays this...

Probably best to lay off the big bold letters.
    ^ This
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

I'm a baby boomer too, well technically the last year of the baby boomer era. Stick with it, you'll learn; all in all it's not that difficult in and of itself, what makes it difficult is the attitude of other players.

I'm leveling my third tank, a warrior, and hit 83 yesterday what I found works is, charge, rend, thunder clap, then just start hitting stuff. What you find in the lower level dungeons i.e. pre cata is that dps love to pull, tank, aggro rooms, etc. But it keeps you on your toes. Unless, of course you're sick of it, then you let the stupid mage who pulled tank the stuff. It's pretty funny actually.

+ Reply to Thread