+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Food and drink buffs

Food and drink buffs

Hello

I have to start tanking normal Raids (starting BWD) and was wondering what food and drinks to get for buffs. Everyone keeps saying that stam isnt important In cata, but is this also true in raids?

And uf anyone have some advice regarding my gear then please let me know

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/mortor/advanced

for some magic heavy dmg fights, you may be better off going with the resist/ mastery elixirs. depending how often you wipe, they can sometimes work out cheaper.

It isn't that stam isn't important, it's that 'you have enough' so that you don't gem/gear for it for normal modes.

As far as food, I think all food gives 90 stam, but as a DK, I don't know if you'd want the dodge/parry/or mastery food. Just get the 90 rating/90 stam food and you're good.

As for flasks/exliers - probably whichever is cheaper. Cutting edge progression raiders are going to 2 run with 2 elixers, but if you're just starting raiding at this point, you're probably well geared so the flasks, if cheaper, might be the better way to go.

There isn't anything wrong with the 300 sta flask, but if your entire raid is min-maxing, going with the 2 best elixers for DKs would be better.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I tend to use Elixir of Deep Earth and Elixir of the Master, they just happen to be cheaper to make - I do have some Steelskin also, but save that for special occasions.

Your guild have the achievements for the fish feast and flask cauldrons. Talk to them about whether that's a more efficient way of buffing the raid. They have pros (guarantee raid wide consumable usage without pressure, cost effective) and cons (effort to prepare, may not be optimal buffs for all classes). In my opinion, the pros outweigh the cons, but it's up to your guild to decide.

Food and drink buffs

I use the mastery elixir and the 900 armor unless we are trying something new and i plan on dying alot then I use the flask of steelskin since it stays thru death

Quote Originally Posted by Texan81 View Post
    I use the mastery elixir and the 900 armor unless we are trying something new and i plan on dying alot then I use the flask of steelskin since it stays thru death
    This, especially after my priest is making these for my DK now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Best bet also is find 2-3 healers you know to q with and tell them to forget everyone else and just keep you alive.

heh based on prices on my server,its only if your wipe rate is more than 10 an hour that steelskin works out cheaper.

Even cheaper is no flask and no food.

BiS is master and prismatic for most encounters, master and deep earth for a few others.

Lava scale minestrone for food. Earthen/tol vir pots in battle. Golemblood prepot. Swiftness and accuracy elixir can be handy too.

ps This is for warriors, no idea what DK's use.
    Last edited by kopcap; 04-07-2011 at 09:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread