+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please check my stats need advice asap (fury)

Please check my stats need advice asap (fury)

Hi all. Overall im quite happy with my dps, but just wondering how it could be further improved in terms of reforging. (ilvl 353, gs8100) Argaloth - 18k

My stats are:

Damage 5261-6277
    Speed +3.83%
    Power 9835
    Hit rating +8.29%
    Crit 18.59%
    Exp 29/29 (rating 782, exp +26)
    Mastery 14.38

Which stats do you think i should change?

All suggestions are very welcome

drop ur exp to 26/26. boost up ur mastery a little. and maybe an armory link

post a log of your 18k on argaloth if you have one

ufox, you haven't given much here to work with. Converting the 3 extra expertise into crit > mastery would be about the only thing that can be suggested given what you've provided.

I'm assuming you have 26 exp from gear and are getting the last '3' from a racial bonus.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Thanks for replies

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A%D1%81/simple
    Although some stats seem to be displayed incorrectly

As for exp.. if i decrease it to 26/26 - the expertise rating drops to 718 and exp to 23 accordingly. Ive read somewhere that you should have exp rating of 781+ so exp is 26 - is that actually false?

I fiddled a bit with my stats yesterday and reforged some mastery into speed and a bit of crit. It seemed to help on a dummy in stormwind as rage generates quicker, but havent tested it in raids yet.

Here are my latest stats in case armory displays them wrong:

Damage 5261-6277
    Speed +4.46%
    Power 9835
    Hit rating +8.29%
    Crit 18.84%
    Exp 29/29 (rating 782, exp +26)
    Mastery 13.68

PS. I havent got a ready screen of 18k on argaloth, ill try to get get it some time this week.

26 Exp is 781 or so rating. But 26 is the target, not 781. If you can get 3 expertise from racials that counts towards the 26 as well, reducing the actual rating you need.

You are human, so if you use swords/maces then you only need 23 expertise from rating (~691), with the last 3 from the human expertise racial for using a mace/sword.

NEVER reforge into haste. Haste is the WORST stat for Fury. 0% haste is desired, but unreachable. Our 'haste' will come from higher crit levels which will result in higher Flurry uptime.

If gear doesn't have crit, usually there's a way to reforge into it. Otherwise mastery (unless you need to reforge it to reach hit/exp caps).

If your gear has haste, this should be refogred into crit/mastery/hit/exp.

It's variable, as to whether gemming for the socket bonus if the bonus is 10 str/gem is good or not, and I think it's typically, at worst, a push, so the +str/+hit should be okay (I think?). The 20str/20crit is good.

However socket bonuses of 10 mastery/gem or any haste/gem should be ignored and pure 40 str gems should be used instead.

Without running it through an optimizer, all your gear with haste should be reforged into crit if possible, otherwise mastery.

As for damage:

Stack your CDs. That is: Lots of rage -> Golem's blood potion + your on-use Trinket + Deathwish + Recklessness + Colossus Smash. Wait until the tank has a good lead or for 'bonus' damage phases like Magmaw's exposed head. Always use your trinket before deathwish, as the extra mastery will buff deathwish.

You're using TG - so you should have 3/3 in deepwounds and 2/3 in incite. For SMF it's the opposite I think.

Do you have combat logs for your rotation?
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

moved to HALP

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

No, unfortunately not. Im using usual rotation CS-BT-RB-BT-slam-BT... and HS to dump rage or when everything else is on CD.
    I went to the baradin hold(10) today to get a screen of my dps, but could only pull just over 15k. I dunno if it was because its 10ppl raid or because ive changed my stats since then, but I could have sworn when i was in BH25 my dps was 17xxx - really close to 18k and that was with my old 346 shoulder.
    Anyway, later i did exactly as youve suggested in terms of regemming and reforging haste into crit and mastery and also decreased exp to 26/26, i dunno what to say but i can definitely see an improvement already, so thanks a lot for that that was some good advice.
    On wed dungeons will be reset, so ill go on Argaloth25 sometime after that to see how i do and ill post a screenshot.
    Thank you all very much for your suggestions, youve been real big help already.

ufox,

It is possible to cover all melee buffs in a 10m raid, but depending on the comp it an be difficult, where 25m you're likely to have all buffs covered.

Also, a good crit string can really change the course of the fight, as would hero at the time you pop your CDs. So there's a lot of variations that could impact it too. As could how much you had to move for the fire. If you had had just 5 more seconds on each fire phase, that's 10 GCDs plus 6/8 melee swings for a chunk of DPS as well. There's a lot variablity in fights naturally, so unless it's Cooke in Deadmines, even if you do it perfectly, it can change.

HS isn't when everything is on CD, it's when rage >80 typically. It's not on the GCD, so if you're swimming in rage, not popping it can be a DPS loss as well.

+ Reply to Thread