+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Heroic Valiona & Theralion

Hey, we've started this encounter recently on 10 man. Our thoughts atm is sending me (Holy Paladin) and a shadow priest to the Twilight Realm on the 3rd wave of Dazzling Destruction, killing as much adds as possible before Deep Breath and getting outside. After, I would reset my stacks and would go back there with a DK to kill other remaining adds when Valiona lands (as decribed on the tactic).
    I've got a question: The adds on the twilight realm...do they keep spawning if we clear the realm? It would be handy to know as we could prob send both right away with me and just kill em fast before the wave of breaths and not go back there again. Thanks in advance.

Tank switching, Death Knight trick

Just killed this last night, we found a handy trick with Death Knight tanks that allows you to not have a tank ported down. Anti-Magic Shell will prevent application of the Twilight Shift debuff, if timed properly this will let the 2nd tank run out his debuff safely and take the dragon back without having to shift down into the Twilight Realm. This combined with a Subtlety Rogue means that you can keep 9 people up top for the entire fight, worked fantastic on our kill last night.

Quote Originally Posted by outbackjack View Post
    Just killed this last night, we found a handy trick with Death Knight tanks that allows you to not have a tank ported down. Anti-Magic Shell will prevent application of the Twilight Shift debuff, if timed properly this will let the 2nd tank run out his debuff safely and take the dragon back without having to shift down into the Twilight Realm. This combined with a Subtlety Rogue means that you can keep 9 people up top for the entire fight, worked fantastic on our kill last night.
    This is really only useful in 10 man as in 25 you need to use the tanks going down as another method of sending people down. Even with 2-3 sub rogues you still need to send 1-2 people down every chance you get to top them up or help clean up

+ Reply to Thread