+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Soul Blade, yes or no?

If you have gold it is nice weapon.Gold is not drop it is just effort and these days 20 k is nothing compared to finding proper guild.Since you say you are not good are money making maybe you should consider option to go for boe sholders(you will not get better ones even with tier11 sholders).That sword is good but not some crazy improve from Stonecore one that drops on last boss.So imo if you are starter for that gold you can buy or craft other parts and be better prepared for normals.

lol, those BOE shoulders go for 65k on my server... and ive only seen them once..

Depends how much server is populated,for example on my relm they are 14-18 k.So if price for souldblade is like he said then this should be in that range.

the paladin design ones are world drop and therefore expensive, the boT ones are a pretty rare drop, but still only about 25 k on my server and my server is backwater with inflated AH prices.
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    No she doesn't.

If you're talking about Lava Spine it drops from Magmaw and it's by no means equivalent. The Mastery/Hit on the Soul Blade are tanking stats; Crit/Haste are not.

The Soul Blade and Mace of Acrid Death are the only really viable 359 tanking weapons right now.
    yes, she does. i didn't say magmaw or lava spine.

Fang of Twilight is very similar and free - certainly not 20k difference there. hit might be better than crit, but both stats are trash and are getting reforged anyway.
    Last edited by marklar; 03-31-2011 at 02:35 AM.

fang of twilight is agility, which iirc no longer provides dodge, so you lose parry rating from the missing str.
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

Agility provides about 30% more avoidance through dodge than strength does through parry rating for warriors, paladins gain about 40% more dodge per base stat point from agility than strength at the DR levels one generally has in full 359 gear.

Fairly easy to test, go to silvertide in Vashj'r , buy the epic agility/mastery ring. equip it, watch your dodge chance go up. You will also get more parry rating from reforging the haste to parry (I think you get 50 parry rating which is what you would get from 200 strength) than you would on an ilvl 359 strength ring without parry rating.

Agility items with a reforged threat stat and mastery are almost always better for combat table coverage than the respective strength item. Look how highly rated the heroic version of the agility necklace is for tanks.

The only thing that changed with respect to agility is that it no longer provides us with bonus armor.

I'm on Uldaman..I was in a LFD the other day with a frost dk dual wielding soul blades from Lethonh..He said they go for 12-15kon his realm and i liked to crap myself...On Uldaman, they are 40k...DMF trinkets r mkinimum 25k-35k...Crafted shields r 5k, its just unbelievably unrealistic on my realm...I went to buy a off-hand enchant this morning, as they were only 250g yesterday morning, and was shocked to see that 24hrs laters they were up to 650g...If your looking for a realm change, dont come to Uldaman....

To the Op...Soul Blade, Imho, is great until Maloriaks Mace as Melvar said...
    Last edited by Riz; 03-31-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Sorry for highjacking but I have a related question. Is soul blade reforged into expertise the absolute best TPS weapon for a warrior tank in 359 ilvl? Pure burst TPS, nothing else matters. And what would be the best threat enchants for both weapon and the shield?

The weapon chain if not hit capped, otherwise if you have 10000g to drop landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    Sorry for highjacking but I have a related question. Is soul blade reforged into expertise the absolute best TPS weapon for a warrior tank in 359 ilvl? Pure burst TPS, nothing else matters. And what would be the best threat enchants for both weapon and the shield?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/68128

I got this yesterday in our clearing of Al'Akir. Hit + Expertise were on it. Definitely the best TPS stats + Weapon you can get in all regular modes at a 359 ilvl.

For enchants (Although really...not practical), the best enchant would be landslide on your weapon for maximum TPS, and then a Pyrium Shield Spike on your shield.

I did. Got mine for 15k so bit cheaper. I was getting some probs with some of our dps getting close on threat as they where mostly using 359's which seem to drop from magmaw like every time. We are working on maloriak now and I felt I did need the extra boost. Won't put Windwalk on it though as I will wait for a mace methinks but if you can't get if from a bot trash run see if you can shout in trade maybe someone will want a quick sale and drop the price. Gl.
    So long and thanks for all this fish

I'm really close to getting the rep boots and the TB trinket. I think I'm going to by Soul Blade its down to 19k.Between all that gear it should be a good upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Illidra View Post
    fang of twilight is agility, which iirc no longer provides dodge, so you lose parry rating from the missing str.
    incorrect. doing a detailed comparison, and assuming reforging of threat -> avoidance, you get:
    fang: +0.93% crit
    fang: +0.13% avoidance

blade: +0.49% hit

everything else is identical.
    to top it off, the fang looks much better (imo). considering that valiona is among the easiest fights you'll see in the expansion, i'd think about what that 20k is really buying. personally, if i had the soul blade and the fang dropped, it probably switch to the fang.

Soul blade is not the best, but it's the second imho. And you know I never wait for drops - if the God doesnt drop that item for me I guess he wants me to take smth else. So I take the Soul blade the moment I can and never regret it. And even after I've got Maloriac's mace I still use the Soul blade with Pirium chain for interupt/threat set.
    And gold... What's it for but buying the gear for raiding?

I would never buy an item but I don't think it's bad to, I'm just bad at the money game. The secret is, when you just bought it, it will drop right the next run you are doing. Multiple times. So you can sell it again then... It's what happens to me all the time. I've not bought one but helped some other guild several times and sweet-talked them to give me one of those epic guns they had laying around (yes, I'm a bad girl). That got the guns dropping for us, too.

So much for statistic discussions and logic. My comment is as statistical relevant and logic as most of the others. But maybe somewhat more helpfull. Since it will lead to having a weapon at least.

Anyway, my advice would be to start raiding with the good blue one and stick to it until you have easy access to an epic one. Since there should have been a lot of drops by now, just keep your ears open, maybe you can find someone who would give it to you for a cheap price or if there is someone who would like to trade it for some rng drops your guild has lying around because nobody needs it. Trading epics for epcis is something that should be done more often. There are so many guilds missing certain drops and beeing flooded by others, it's a waste do not think about it.
    Last edited by Katzazi; 04-01-2011 at 02:52 AM.

i have it and it's worth it !!! I paid 19k for it. Scilla horde>

Got it over the weekend and a guildy put Windwalk on it for free. Got the rep boots also and my Drake from TB. Overall it was a good weekend.

I've seen 4 soul blades drop(been lucky enough to win 2, great for SMF) in my guild runs. That said, I'm pretty sure Bloodlord's Protector is better than the Soul Blade for total damage avoided/reduced.

To be honest, if you can afford it just get it. If then it drops you can sell it yourself (obviously this depends on the guild etc.) That way if you spent 20k on it and managed to sell it for 18k, youve paid 2k for it. Which isnt bad

+ Reply to Thread