+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question

Question

I wanted to try a tanking class, i was thinking warrior perhaps...but i wanted to be good..

Should i farm farm farm dailies and reg dungeons so i can buy full heirloom items...also any race you recommend for a warrior? or does it matter?
    Last edited by Sean; 03-29-2011 at 07:42 PM.

It depends on what faction you are looking at. For horde Tauren and Orc are good.... for Alliance Dwarf, Draenei and Nelf are good. Warriors are one of the more interesting tank classes though, they have a ton of utility but that also makes them quite complex. You may want to try paladin or DK first just to get a feel for it (not saying you can't run the warrior, just saying it's tough to learn and the curve is steep in LFD).
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

All Heirlooms do is make it so you don't have to replace your Shoulders/Chest/Weapon until level 80 for the JP ones, for the Guild Heirlooms the Cloak and Helm til 85. The Heirlooms are nice especially for the xp bonus and not needing to change those items out.

As to the class, start with the one that you want to try out, and see how it goes.
    On race, yes some races might have better advantages than others, but go with the one that you want to play.

Draenei have a 20% hp hot over 15 secs in addition to 1% hit.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Orcs have 15% less stun duration, can save your life. If the next swing would hit you during the last 15% of the stun, an orc can block or avoid it, which is worth way more than the 2000 life a tauren gets.

Orc or bust... orcs also get an attack power increase cd which is a nice boost when trying to get snap aggro until vengeance kicks in.
    He who is afraid to lose will never win.
    Only when the power of love overcomes the worlds love of power, will mankind know peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    Orcs have 15% less stun duration, can save your life. If the next swing would hit you during the last 15% of the stun, an orc can block or avoid it, which is worth way more than the 2000 life a tauren gets.
    But cows get an AOE stun which is useful in multiple situations. Think about all the trash in every single instance. Although being an orc really helps out when getting charged by mobs. There are some packs in the vortex pinacle that have the bad habit of charging in 1 second after another 3 times in a row which results in being stunned the first 4 seconds of a fight
    EU | Genjuros | Buffalowings
    -| Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment. |-

Being a human lets me get Halfus interrupts right after a furious roar.

I also got rep faster to get exalted with all the Cata factions.

Pretty useless other than that. -_-. Might switch soon to Dwarf or NElf

+ Reply to Thread