Thread: Chimaeron Possible Bug?

Chimaeron Possible Bug?

So, I was OTing Chimaeron last night with my guild. I'm a DK tank.

Before anyone asks:

YES, I keep blood shields stacking.

YES, I keep diseases up.

YES, I do all the things you're supposed to as a tank.

NO, I did not have any stacks of Break.

NO, I'm not asking "how do I do this fight herpderp?"

A couple times, completely randomly (once on the very first Double Attack and a couple times at random in other attempts) I got hit for twice what I normally should per swing, i.e. rather than hitting me for 85k twice, he would hit me twice for 175k+. Is this a bug or is there something you can do to make yourself randomly take double damage?

This happened to us a couple of times across the many wipes we had whilst learning the hardmode of this fight. I've also seen a number of threads about it across various forums...no one has offered a decent explanation (except something like "tell your tank to rotate cooldowns properly" lol) - I reckon it's a bug (albeit a rare one).

Just use my tactic of blaming the healers and try again :P

There are several bugs on this fight.. two comes to my mind that might have occured here:
    a) double attacks sometimes combines both hits instead of hitting twice simultaneously
    b) it looks like the damage is calculated on rare occassions to early and from the tank before (regulary the one with 2-4 stacks of break)

So solve those problems our tanks stepped up on hitpoints. This makes the burn phase harder but dying to those bugged hits way less likely to even nonexistent for our last half dozen of kills.

Klausi, that would make a lot of sense, if I hadn't on one attempt been instagibbed 10 seconds in on the first Double Attack when the MT hadn't had time to accrue enough Break stacks to make the double in damage.

Hey guys. We where on this boss last night and double attack was killing me all the time. My fellow guildies where saying you need a very high amount of block to do this orI was doing something wrong. The best I can do is use shield block or shield wall when it appears on my screen. Another point they made was that maybe the time between the two attacks is so fast that healers have to be ninja like. I don't know if any of these last statements are true. These where just our thoughts. The overall encounter started to get me very annoyed.

If what your saying is Klausi this would explain what was going on. Have you got any links to a blue post about this?. If this turns out to be true im getting a tad fed up as Atramedes discs are buggy to ie getting sound when avoiding them. I had a GM confirm that one to me. I think I'll ticket over Chim.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    a) double attacks sometimes combines both hits instead of hitting twice simultaneously
    If it actually did this, then the encounter would be trivialized. If you only take one hit, you can't die from it so long as you started at over 10,000. The whole purpose of the double attack is to reduce the target below 10,000 so that the second swing can in fact kill them.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by leesy1 View Post
    Hey guys. We where on this boss last night and double attack was killing me all the time. My fellow guildies where saying you need a very high amount of block to do this orI was doing something wrong. The best I can do is use shield block or shield wall when it appears on my screen. Another point they made was that maybe the time between the two attacks is so fast that healers have to be ninja like. I don't know if any of these last statements are true. These where just our thoughts. The overall encounter started to get me very annoyed.

If what your saying is Klausi this would explain what was going on. Have you got any links to a blue post about this?. If this turns out to be true im getting a tad fed up as Atramedes discs are buggy to ie getting sound when avoiding them. I had a GM confirm that one to me. I think I'll ticket over Chim.

Lee
    As a warrior it was really easy to deal with double attacks (even the 4-break double attack - we only used two real tanks, no dps break soaker). I used shield block for every double attack, I used shield wall for when I was tanking during fued, and I used shield block + last stand + the V&T dodge trinket during the 4break double attack. I don't think I died once...our paly on the other hand died quite a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by leesy1 View Post
    Hey guys. We where on this boss last night and double attack was killing me all the time.
    We had problems last night. I ended up stacking stam and making sure we had inspiration/ancestral fortitude (which due to attendance had always been up without thinking in previous attempts)... it seemed as though one of the double strike attacks was ignoring shield wall. This is heroic, so I'm referring to the double strike during the feud.

I was asking about normal. We ran into it again this week last night. A couple times I *did* get a Break stack because the MT wasn't quick enough in taunting back, but there were a few times in which I died outright anyway from full health (179k buffed I believe) and my healer was just sitting there like "What the @$%*. :-(" Does no one know what causes this?

Combat log?
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.