+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Dps advice

Fury Dps advice

I had some questions regarding my gear and the best way to maximize my DPS. Although the numbers i am getting are pretty good, I have seen several Fury warriors who seem to pull bigger numbers with "inferior" gear. In Baradin Hold I average 14k with my current gear set-up.

Is there some gear I should have but do not? Or are my stats skewed in some way?

I currently am not able to raid consistently, so I do not have much access to 359 gear outside of pug runs which, more often than not, fail.

WoW heroes link:http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...&name=minotard

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me!

You have some work to do. I don't think you understand the current stat priority. After capping your expertise (26) and hit (8%) you want to prioritize all of your gems/enchants/re-forging based on this...Str>crit>mastery>more than 8% hit>haste. Gemming and enchanting is the only way to gain your best stat of all str. You need the str meta gem and to replace all of your gems that are not +40 str. The only bonus worth gemming for is +10 or +20 str. The blue gem you should use for those bonuses are str/hit and yellow sockets are str/crit. Other than that stack all +40 str gems. The next step I would take after re-gemming would be to re-examine your enchants. If you can enchant str or crit I would suggest doing that as a 2nd step. Don't worry about expertise and hit caps when enchanting you will fix that with re-forging. Consider buying the landslide enchant for the level 359 weapon. After re-enchanting I would completely start over in terms of reforging. The first thing to reforge would be haste (a reverse of the stat priority). I would reforge that haste into expertise and hit to reach the caps. Anything after that I would try and get as much Crit>mastery. You might want to consider respeccing into 3 points of deep wounds and taking 1 point out of incite. You should only be hitting HS with 80+ rage.

Best of Luck. Let me know how things work out after these changes,

Bung

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...otard/advanced <--- linking your WoW Armory is better than WoW-Heroes unless you're likely to be logging out in different sets often.

Also, if you can post a log (/combatlog and then upload it to a relevent site) ability usage can be tracked, which could be very helpful as well.

To pull something out of what Bung said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bung View Post
    Don't worry about expertise and hit caps when enchanting you will fix that with re-forging.
    This is important. Enchants and gems are the only way to add 'extra' strength, you can't reforge into strength. And with strength being the best stat for Fury (when there are other options to hit 26 exp/8% hit), you should prioritize strength gems/enchants.

You have 3 points in Bloodcraze, which is a marginal talent for Prot but nearly useless for Fury in a raid situation. And you've given up maxing out Rude Interruption (DPS Interupts FTW!), Heroic Fury and Skirmisher. Fury suffers a lot when movement is required and these abilities give Fury some very good mobility. They're not direct DPS abilities, but they help max uptime on DPS-ing the boss.

Glyphs - I would strongly suggest replacing your Sunder Armor major glyph with Death Wish - DPS is really measured on bosses, and the major Sunder glyph isn't giving you anything there. Death Wish is going to reduce damage intake, making you less taxing on the healers.

I also use VR as a major glyph, but really, if you're looking max production, you're probably going to want to swap in the Collossus Smash major glyph if you're on Sunder duty. This will allow you to keep your sunders up without 'wasting' a GCD on them.

Building on Bung's post, the only other thing I'll mention is the +10 all stats gem is worthless now. +40str will always be better.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I didn't look as far into your spec and glyphs but I do completely agree with the above post.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice guys, ill try some of this out and post later. Loganisis, sorry no armory profile, was at work and it's blocked by the web filter

Your armory shows that you haven't changed anything. Whats the hold up bud?

I did make several changes in fact, i swapped out gems and did some reforging to follow the advice you guys had already given me. I did see a dps increase, though not as much as I had hoped, though I am sure this will come with better gear.

I swapped out my meta gem to add the strength one, added a few 40 str gems and matched my str socket bonuses to str/crit and str/hit.

I also changed some talent points around, I am unsure as to why the armory doesnt reflect all of my recent changes. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...otard/advanced

the link shows some of the changes, but not all (for instance I have fury of angerforge equipped, not impatience of youth)

Alright the gems look fine except for the nightmare tear, put a +40 str in there. Talent tree looks good. What you didn't do was reforge. Read the advice above regarding that and get back because that will make even more of a difference.

Fury New and Improved

I posted a while back asking about my dps. I wanted to re-post with all of my new changes and to ask a question. I appreciate any advice anyone could give about maximizing my dps. I average about 15k on most fights but I have seen over 20k on some.

Should I be using my Earthen Gauntlets or Plunderer's gauntlets? I was unsure whether the set bonus from the Earthen gauntlets outweighs the slightly higher dps from the plunderers.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...otard/advanced

Thanks All

+ Reply to Thread