+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Renew clarification

Renew clarification

Ok so i was looking around for a bit and i wasn't quite sure so i just wanted to clarify,

How useful is renew?

Specifically for raiding, 99% of the time I'm on raid healing

I see it as a useful spell that i should try and keep up on the tanks where possible but if theres a lot of incoming raid damage then i tend to revert back to CoH, PoM, PoH to help keep the raid up.

Here's my armoury:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/iero/simple

any advice would be helpful, cheers :]

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    If you're raid healing don't worry about renew too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Keep it on the tank if you are tank healing as your Heal/Greater Heal Chakra will keep it running indefinitely, otherwise it isn't really worth casting.

As Holy, renew is a great filler/spot heal when raid healing and always a good idea to keep rolling the tanks. It is almost always in my top 3 cast spells only just behind PoH and CoH. It is even stronger on movement based fights. Renew is slightly more HpM than heal, and much more heal per cast time.

As Disc (I see you have both specs) it loses a lot of it's strengths. As Disc I only use renew if I am on the move and neither pw:s nor pom would work. Either I don't expect the target to take damage again in the near future, or weakened souls is up and pom is on CD.
    Last edited by Aaran; 03-26-2011 at 07:47 AM.

thanks for all the help guys :]

Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    If you're raid healing don't worry about renew too much.
    Wow ... this couldn't be much more wrong. Tell a druid he shouldn't rejeuv much and you'll get LOL'ed out of the raid. Renew is a fantastic raid healing tool. It largely depends on what kind of damage is coming in and who your fellow raid healers are but it has a definite place in both normal and hard modes. A good example would be HM Magmaw. When raid healing, outside of the lava spew phases, you just cannot efficiently PoH but in come the damage spikes. You drop a renew on everyone targeted (keeping PoM and CoH on CD of course) and then when the spew phase comes you go into hard PoH mode. PoH is really not very effective at all until the lava spews come and in HMs you don't have the mana to spare.

Renew is not useful on every fight/situation but it is DEFINITELY one of our strongest tools in certain situations. It's a pile of healing with almost no opportunity cost that can be done on the run. The fights I find the most use for it are HM-Halfus, HM-Magmaw, P2 Nef (using heal chakra though), P3 HM-Maloriak (just blanket and run ... little time to PoH this phase), P2 HM Atramedes if anyone takes any kind of damage (which they shouldn't but it happens), Valiona/Theralion (plenty of running time in this fight), Council (same as twin dragons, lots of running = lots of renews). Basically anytime you are running and CoH is on CD and people are losing health you should be casting renew. Even when stopped if CoH is on CD and less than 4 people in 1 party have damage that needs healing, Renew > PoH.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

here's a couple of pulls showing renew as my #1 heal on HM-Magmaw. I don't have a kill as holy (ended up going disc for tank healing when we got a 3rd real healer (shaman) ... these pulls were us 2 main healers and a shadowpriest tank healing as disc), but it's hard to deny how powerful this tool is.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=4641&e=4897
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=6966&e=7288
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=3700&e=3941
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

+ Reply to Thread