+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for advice on my setup

Looking for advice on my setup

Hello! I'm currently raiding semi-casually in ten man content. After a passable setup for a few bosses, I've finally stumbled across "WarTank101: The Primer" and realised how much I have to learn! I've respecced, regemmed and reforged on the back of it and I'm hoping for some pointers for any mistakes on my character.

I am still running heroics, so a build with decentish aoe threat is important, especially since one aoe-happy mage likes to test me! (I also have Maloriak's stinky adds job).

I'm hoping I haven't made any glaring mistakes in gear or enchants, but if anyone could take a look for me that would be simply marvellous!

Edit: Here's the link, d'oh
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rbinder/simple

Good day and good tanking!
    Last edited by Minderbinder; 03-24-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Reforging look ok (did not change every single one).

But Deep Wounds is much better then Cruelty and Incite. So move 2 points from there over to Deep Wounds, if you don't want to move points from the AoE talents.

And use Mastery gems in yellow slots, and mastery+parry in red and stam+mastery in blue ones.

I would look to replace DMC: Earthquake ASAP, its a really bad trinket for us warriors, while the dodge is nice, the on use is crap. The Mirror of Broken images is Horrendously good for us, as it gives a needed magic mitigation CD (~40% magic dmage reduction) on a short CD, and a crap ton of mastery.

One thing i would not on reforging, your dodge and parry ratings are quite far apart, if possible you want about equal amonts of both ratings.

Enchant's look fine, apart from the strength on your red rock band? shouldn't that be stamina? i don't really know how the enchanting proff bonus works.

So it seems my armoury is a little behind! I've regemmed, and I actually have a different ring (with a different enchant).

I'll make those talent changes, thank you.

As for me dodge/parry - I can definitely change up some HC drops to try to make that gap shorter, but I've reforged into dodge whereever approriate and away from parry and this is the best I've managed :\

Trinket is noted. I'd heard bad things so I thought this might come up... but tbh it's been an extra "oh noes" button and I've quite enjoyed having it >.<

I was worried about taking the no hit/exp route but having run an HC, which is where I thought it might hit me, it seems okay. Definitely noticable, but should be more balanced for raiding now. Whoop!

I would drop your Leaden Despair trinket as well. Even the 333 BoE Impetuous Query is rated higher by RAWR. The proc on Leaden only kicks in below 35%, which is a nice O SNAP proc but really you want to try to avoid getting there in the first place. I would also do Mastery on the boots unless you are often a kite tank.

Yay, I hate that trinket! Ha. But I really feel the impetuous query was better when I spun...

Boots I wondered about, so thanks.

+ Reply to Thread