+ Reply to Thread

Thread: B O T trash run

B O T trash run

hey,

i just did BOT trash run. i can't think about something i did wrong but we did wipe all the time. (ok tis was pug but so what)i kept on dying now i was thinking was it my fault or was it just a dps/healing fail? I admit i lost my aggro a twice but i got i back pretty fast. now they yelled at me hey you bought you acc on ebay or what. I've been playing wow since the beginning of WoTLK and leveled it myself. but what did i do wrong plz help.

Modiriac

We need to know a couple of things:

1. What was killing you? Specific mobs or mob abilities?
    2. How many tanks were you using?
    3. Were your healers idiots? ()
    4. Did you use CC at all?

Yeah, blame the tank. For BoT trash, I'd bet, the CC sucked ("you mean we can't just burn everything with the menders up?"), the helaers were useless and the dps were all standing in crap.

Unless you pulled all 8 (or is it 9) of the ones that pat back and forth, there's not a lot a tank can do on his/her own on the trash to wipe the group.

That freak'in e-bay line is getting real old these days. What you need to do is ask the leet a-hole who says it: "oh, you must be the one who left Paragon to server change and PuG BoT trash with us."

Something you should take note of is the yellow beam that attacks players too close to the spawn points of the large AoE packs. It deals increasing damage and only stops if you move a long way away. the channel that these mobs do pacifies (you can't do anything), which can do pretty nasty things (two healers get pacified and no interrupts means that people WILL die).

Unless you pulled all 8 (or is it 9) of the ones that pat back and forth, there's not a lot a tank can do on his/her own on the trash to wipe the group.
    I dunno...my last guild yelled at me for putting HoT's on the tank before the pull because supposedly it caused him to not be able to keep threat and is the reason the mobs killed all the healers and DPS.

I was 3th best dps (9k) only one above 10k healing was one 10k hps and 8k hps and I was only tank. I died from just a melee. I could add some pictures but I can't find how to add one .

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    I dunno...my last guild yelled at me for putting HoT's on the tank before the pull because supposedly it caused him to not be able to keep threat and is the reason the mobs killed all the healers and DPS.
    Ah yes...

Code:
    Rejuvenation: Heals the target periodically and if cast before combat begins reduces the target's threat generation by 95%. Taunt abilities are not able to be used while rejuvenation is active.
    going totally OT here, but wasn't that the guild you were complaining about excessively in shoutbox for three weeks because they were all incompetent?

BTT: It basically sounds like your PuG was incompetent, note down their names and make sure you don't raid with them again. As for trash abilities:

The patrols: 1-2 healers. Will attempt to heal allies for a significant amount. need interrupts and are first target. Some of the mobs will cast a purple AoE on the ground. Don't stand in it. Some of the mobs can disarm. Sucks, but you got to live with it really.

The AoE packs: get to close to them and you get a yellow beam that deals increasing damage. you need to be about 60 yards fromt he trash pack for it to stop. Usually kills our DK's ghoul :P Interrupt anything that gets casted, it can get pretty dangerous otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post

Code:
    Rejuvenation: Heals the target periodically and if cast before combat begins reduces the target's threat generation by 95%. Taunt abilities are not able to be used while rejuvenation is active.
    I never knew this, not that I heal on a Durid or anything, but it's good to know.

Wait, they had you solo tanking with 2 heals and the best dps was 10k? And that was your fault? God, I love PuGs.

yes but I need to adjust something i had 10k dps (and was 3th best dps with that) and the other ones where 10.5k and 12k dps and one 10k just below me. all the other ones where below 10k

Well I did my former RL a favore and 1 tanked and 2 healed it with 7 people present on my blue priest. It's doable. But you have to work with extensive CC and not open it up. One time it worked another people were just stupid and did stuipid stuff, including the tank never using any CD. At the first time we downed the whole trash multiple times, at the second time we just got the first group.

However. So far into Cata I would expect more or less everybody to suck who does trash farming with a PuG. More decent players would look for a PuG to kill at least the first or first two bosses. I know that there are exceptions and I'm glad that there are (even if I'll not be there). But that would be my expectation.

We still have some trash runs going on my server, I've tanked a couple basically looking for the shoulders to drop, but nomrally it's just not worth the aggravation. You'd be surprised how far behind gearing a lot of people are this far into Cata. A lot of it has to do with the nature of the heroics, and people rushing to level and ignoring the faction reps you can get along the way. I made the faction rush mistake on 3 of my 5 85s and have gone back to quest and clear zones just for the rep. Unlike, WoLK, the heroics aren't 15 min rep/badge fests.

@mordiriac

What are you? DK, Paladin, Warrior, Druid?

I can't tell if we're trying to help you figure out what went wrong, or if we're just talking. I don't think it is a bad thing to just talk (as long as it isn't all grief) but I can't tell if you need help or not. For all we know at this point, the entire thing was your fault. I've pulled 18k dps as a tank on adds in BoT before, but we wiped because I pulled too many.

Need more information please!

Quote Originally Posted by Katzazi View Post
    However. So far into Cata I would expect more or less everybody to suck who does trash farming with a PuG. More decent players would look for a PuG to kill at least the first or first two bosses. I know that there are exceptions and I'm glad that there are (even if I'll not be there). But that would be my expectation.
    I just want to say that on my realm (that sucks a lot) pugs dont down a boss yet. if you want to kill bosses you need to be in a guild. and when the guild raids i can't be online due to schoolwork.

@ netheras

I am pala tank. i pulled 6 mobs cause they said they would cc them after i pulled dunno why but they didn't and we died and then i left.

heres how we do it. we pull the two side packs first. tag and run back down steps to corridor and LOS them. then just pew pew them down. then we deal with the two pats. CC both menders and the hunter dude, burn down the other two (assume you have an offtank). its really about CC. if you cant lock down at least both menders, you will have issues.

after those two pats cleared, then move up steps, LOS the other two packs into the alcoves on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by modiriac View Post
    I just want to say that on my realm (that sucks a lot) pugs dont down a boss yet. if you want to kill bosses you need to be in a guild. and when the guild raids i can't be online due to schoolwork.
    My server is quite behind, too. But most times there is at least someome looking for raid-members in /2. It's not always PUGs but often some regular raids who are missing persons for the evening or constantly. Those group may or may not be advanced. But they probably down the first bosses eventually. Sure not every group is looking for a tank but they are there. They are looking for people to do boss-kills not to farm trash.

Modiriac just list your armory and get real help a lot has changed with Pally tanks most of it very very recently.. If people who looked at your character said you're the problem and you want some reassurance you will need to show us too. (We need to see what they saw)

Abstract:
    PUG raiding can alternatively involve giving your name to select guilds to be called upon if they need you. This is a higher chance of success and you start meeting people you talk to again later. The game is more fun and ice cream tastes better. But your an old WoTLK guy and I am a total newbie so why am I telling you this.

+ Reply to Thread