+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I made out of marshmallow?

Am I made out of marshmallow?

Hey there

Somthing I have noticed in raids and from time to time in heroics (Depending on the healer) that I am quite squishy in comparison to other tanks, more so in raids. Healers have occasionally commented that I take way more damage and am harder to heal than the druid I tank along side with. Looking at recount it shows that I am taking overall more damage. Is there somthing I am doing wrong or is this just typical paladin behavior? I have tried re-gemming, reforging and all that jazz and I still seem to take a large chunk of damage.

Unbuffed:
    153.6k HP
    13.48% dodge
    14.35% Parry
    48.12% Block
    18.96 Mastery

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kwari/advanced

Many thanks,

Ohkwari

Hi guys soz to jump on the wagon but i seem to have same prob on my alt so any advice would be welcome http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...schrenn/simple

Ohkwari hope you dont mind me adding this post just seems a waste to make another asking same question
    thx
    ishamael

@Ohkwari
    - Get those mastery jc gems and prefer mastery over stamina for other gem slots as well.
    - What seal do you use? SoT or SoI? SoI provides a neat constant stream of ~2.500 heal/swing and if you struggle with snap aggro stick to SoT until you have a decent threat lead and swap to SoI after that. WoG over SotR.
    - shield block over armor meta
    - reforge your first trinket (crab) from dodge to mastery

And you taking more damage then a druid.. hmm unless he heavily outgears you i can't see how this is happening. Only druid advantage is the high avoidance rate -> he's more "spikey" to heal while you tend to eat more hits for less damage due to block.

@Ishamaelazure
    - Chose a gemming route and stick to it. I'd recommend gemming mastery (yellow), mastery/stamina (blue) and mastery/parry (red) for normal modes.
    - Enchant your gear and since you don't have the Therazane reputation yet buy a Hodir enchant from WotLK. Mending over Avalanche on weapon, 55 stamina over 15 stats on chest, 50 mastery over expertise on gloves.
    - Please get the raidwall talent, it's awesome!
    - What's your plan while reforging? You reforge into hit/expertise and out of it i can't see a clear route. Reforge to mastery if it's not on the item yet (helmet, shoulder, chest, weapon, panties) and after that reforge offensive stats (hit/expertise) to parry or dodge depending on what rating is lower. Don't reforge mastery away for avoidance, it's your best stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohkwari View Post
    Hey there

Somthing I have noticed in raids and from time to time in heroics (Depending on the healer) that I am quite squishy in comparison to other tanks, more so in raids. Healers have occasionally commented that I take way more damage and am harder to heal than the druid I tank along side with. Looking at recount it shows that I am taking overall more damage. Is there somthing I am doing wrong or is this just typical paladin behavior? I have tried re-gemming, reforging and all that jazz and I still seem to take a large chunk of damage.

Unbuffed:
    153.6k HP
    13.48% dodge
    14.35% Parry
    48.12% Block
    18.96 Mastery

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kwari/advanced

Many thanks,

Ohkwari
    Don't forget to be using CD's religiously.

Thx for the advice guys will start applying it straight away may take a few days to complete will link again then and will hopefully of got it right thx again

Ishamael

As was mentioned and for example with your shoulder piece Puissant Dream Emerald is 20 Mastery and 30 Stamina you would always take that for a blue socket if you wanted to maintain the socket bonus and I will answer for you that you do want to on the shoulders. You wouldn't want Parry + Stamina if you can have Mastery + Stamina.. This is because Mastery doesn't suffer from diminishing returns.. Also the higher you get that block value up the more that 1% on your helm makes a difference.. You have gemm'd to do it but but you didn't maintain it by shoulders gemming practice.

After you have traded almost everything for Mastery/Parry/Dodge there is one more thing that will separate you from other Paladin tanks. Holy Shields.. Keep it up, refresh it as little as possible..

Ok getting good feedback from healers now in hc's anyway just to double check i have not messed anything up
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...schrenn/simple

thx for the help guys

Ishamael

You have 7 expertise which I would love to see into Mastery but this is nothing you have done wrong it is just the gear you end up with sometimes. Actually from what I can see you have done everything right. I think there is a piece of gear with reforged to hit on it that if I was thinking your setup was wrong I would bust out a calculator but I am betting you had some good logic

P.S. Jealous that you're a JC that's a lot of work and I want.

Tankadin Shamed

Hello Everyone,

My first post. I have prided myself on being the best tank (in my guild at least). Now I am no longer holding aggro, I am to squishy, and my raid group keeps dieing (me included). Here's link to my main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/undermine/ballbrekr/simple

also apparently i cannot even make a link.

Will someone experienced please look at my toon and tell me what in the world i am doing wrong. Also if you have any knowledge of a decent rotation please include in a reply. Thank you for your time.

Very Respectfully,
    Ballbrekr

cool thx for the help all seems to be working smoothly now no aggro issuse and heals are happy

Ishamael

socket and gem:

red - parry mastery
    blue - stam mastery
    yellow - mastery

mastery> parry + dodge, make every piece of gear have mastery in some form.

if you have dodge + parryo n a piece make the highest stat mastery.
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

@Ballbrekr
    Okay let's go piece by piece:
    Helm: Reforge hit -> mastery, not expertise
    Neck: Reforge expertise -> mastery, gem mastery/stam purple gem
    Chest: Reforge hit -> mastery, not parry -> mastery
    Bracers: Work on Ramkahen rep
    Gloves: 50 mastery enchant
    Shield: Gem, mastery/stam
    Legs: Parry/mastery gem in red socket
    Trinket 1(Heart of Thunder): Work on Leaden Despair from heroic Stonecore

Try to get your hp to a minimum of 150k unbuffed, stam trinket will go a long way towards that. Make sure you have mastery on every single item, keep parry/dodge as balanced as possible and never reforge into a threat stat.

[QUOTE=klausi;499386]
    @Ishamaelazure
    - Please get the raidwall talent, it's awesome!
    [QUOTE]

What is this raidwall talent? I havent seen it, it is something new?
    I'm not the man hiding behind the door in fear of danger. I'm the one that knocks... -WW, BB

It's great that you're reading older posts... but necro...

That being said... He's probably talking about http://www.wowhead.com/spell=70940 which reduces raid damage, thus a raid wall.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    @Ohkwari
    - shield block over armor meta
    Im pretty sure some time ago the extra block metagem was worse then armor unless you reached pretty high block rates, in which it became equal (Ill try to find a link to the maintankadin forum when i have time). Am i missing something here klausi?

they buffed the Shield block meta in 4.1. It's rather good now. In terms of total damage reduction over a fight it vastly overshadows the armour meta.

+ Reply to Thread