+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking Main Hand For Orcs

Tanking Main Hand For Orcs

I apologize if this has been discussed before. I did look through several pages and searched for the topic before posting this.

As an Orc, I get +3 Expertise from wielding axes. This amounts to +93 Expertise Rating. To me, this means that I should keep using the Axe of the Eclipse or buy the Darkheart Hacker over an Elementium Fang or Cookie's Tenderizer? However, serveral guides and sites show the latter two to be more optimal tanking weapons. Does the bonus expertise make the axes worth having?

Expertise is pretty much a bottom of the barrell stat for tanks. The orc racial is not a reason to equip one weapon over the other at this point. I would suggest getting the weapon with the best avoidance statistics you can...if it so happens to be an axe, awesome.

I think you are a warrior, since druids and paladins cannot be an orc and DK don't use tanking weapons. Well if you are speaking about blue weapons you are probably at a gearing level where expertise is just not important. Survival should be your main focus. Elementium Fang is the best blue tanking weapon. Those survival stats outweight any additional expertise.

As an orc myself I always like having an Axe just because of the perk but usually there are very few of them if any. They also gave us the perk on fist weapons now too so don't just look at axes. It used to be five which I thought it still was but I haven't really looked at it in some time. Don't just focus on your perk for carrying something because most of the time blizzard doesn't. I would say the only time your perk here comes into play is when you want to dps and sometimes that doesn't even work out.

Next Tier better have some sexy tanking axe!

+ Reply to Thread