+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Professions - alchemy or blacksmithing

Professions - alchemy or blacksmithing

I have maxed alchemy on my pally tank and have the alchemist stone (+380 stam and 213 mastery). I've been thinking about dropping alchemy for blacksmithing to be able to sell the items and such since I'm broke as hell (have 5 orbs from the start of cata).

Is the trinket from tol'barad (impatience of youth a viable replacement for the alch stone or is it not as good without the gem socket and the +380 stam? Not to worried about the stamnia loss, but the mastery loss. Yet, blacksmithing can socket hands and bracers, so that would add +80 mastery.

What's another easy to get trinket other than the alch stone either from valors or halfus/magmaw.

EDIT: Or should I just give my shaman blacksmithing for the sole purpose of making and selling the boes for what money I can get from them?
    Last edited by BryceE; 03-19-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Bryce - BS is going to cost you a fortune to level if you don't have a stockpile of ore. And even then with all the receipies and the like. And if you need to buy mats it will cost more G, or time if you need to farm them.

Then it depends on your server economy, how quickly do these things move? By the time you get BS high enough, will there still be the market?

Ultimately, the best way you have to acquire gold in the short run is dailies. 12 TB quests = ~240g + drops. SW cooking + Fishing for easy gold. That leaves 14. Windhammer has 5, I think they're ~13 a piece for another 65g for 19. And then Deepholm has more dailies than that, one or two every day that 17g, the others 10g. So you're looking at:

240 + 26 (cooking and fishing I think), +65 + 17 + 50 for ~400g a day from dailies. This is before any drops/loots, and then there will be some repair costs.

There's also playing the AH, buying low selling high. There's a lot of options out there that aren't quite as drastic.

Impatience of Youth is a DPS trinket (on use strength). Mirror of Broken Images is the tanking one (mastery + on-use magic damage reduction).
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I know impatience of youth is mainly dps, but the mastery it gives is really nice. There's 6 belts from BSing on the ah right now at 5k each, but they've been up a while.

I'll just hold off and try some other money making ways.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=68713 <-- Has the same mastery and a great CD.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=68712 <-- compared to this

The problem with BS is really, if you can't get it up there for the progression raiders, it's going to be inconsistent for everyone else. YOu might get lucky or might not, and the cost of leveling it might eat up any future profits for a while.

leveling an alt for BS is always a good option. If nothing else, you can make thousands from 80-85 just from the quests, drops, and vendored rewards.
    An introduction into WarTanking (no longer updated as I've retired from WoW - the concepts will still be mostly accurate but the numbers no longer will be.) - http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...101-The-Primer

I can't see how you want to make money from a crafting profession months after the expansion is out. The orbs dropped from 5.000 gold in the very first days to one thousand in the first two weeks and now you can rarely sell them for 300-500g.

If you want money..
    a) give your twink a farming profession and quest all areas. Questing alone should net you a decent amount of gold, disenchant all greens you find (if you don't have a disenchanter yet send them to a friend) and those herb/leather/ores.
    b) play the auction house, there are tons of guides about it on the internet and addons to help getting started
    c) pick up a profession that sells every day, eg: people are always in need of enchants and gems and if you're frugal you can sell glyphs, too.

I have the mirror and the alch stone currently, so the impatience of youth would be with the mirror for the mastery it gives, I still may try it out though.

And I guess I'll just go level up my alts from 60/70+.

Impatience of youth would never be better than alch stone because the on use effect is nearly negligible imo. Alch stone is a really nice trinket.

By doing transmute daily you'll have like 100~200g net income per day by only one click.

+ Reply to Thread