+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have Group, Will Travel in Action.

Have Group, Will Travel in Action.

On Tuesday, our guild reached 21 and decided to try it out and see how it works. Nothing beats catching a faction off guard. We had a rogue with the raid lead in two groups. First, one summonsed into the broken tusk; second, one summonsed into the hole in the wall in the front gate of org. The first group flagged everyone with the second group cleaning up. There was lots of back and forth, inside and outside of org... lasted about an hour and a half.

http://www.onitall.com
    Last edited by onitall; 03-23-2011 at 09:00 AM.

We got it today. It seems awesome... probably too awesome not to get some kind of nerf in the future... enjoy it while it lasts.

I certainly forsee "have group will travel no longer works in battlegrounds/tol barad" hotfixes coming very soon.

Stealth nerfed, can't be used in instances.

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    Stealth nerfed, can't be used in instances.
    this is a no brainer.

guild group.
    take rogue / druid

stealth to last boss,
    summon,
    own last boss for valor.
    profit.
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

Sure, although in practice I think quite a lot of instances have things like doors that would make it difficult, this was certainly one of the nerfs I was expecting to see. Hell, we were using it to get from boss to boss inside BWD, avoiding the lift of death.... it was a bit silly really.

yeah thing is it kinda sucks like, our pala goes to BoT to summon, cant do it inside, goes outside to do it, then horde rape him and we end up in an epic 25 on 75 battle which we somehow win, i guess we were co-ordinating on vent better ( msot of use being active pvpers)
    justin.tv/Belligra

Watch me play SC2 ladder and enjoy the lolz

We had this for like five minutes before it was used on "The Elevator". I'm actually kind of happy that it can't be used in instances, although I've had to learn to not even be touching my mouse until I'm in the world and can see just how precarious a ledge I'm standing on.
    How does a PC gamer change a light bulb? He doesn't. He goes on the forums and QQs about it being dark.

Essentially it was being exploited to bring entire groups to the summoner, who would stealth past a few bosses, allowing the group to skip them. Guild perks should be just that, perks, and aren't intended to be game-changing mechanics. We would like to make it so that regardless of where the summoner is, the summonees are always summoned to the entrance of the dungeon, allowing this to still be very useful but avoiding that exploit-ability, but that will require further development.

We're also in the process of removing its use in Tol Barad while the battle is active.
    So I wonder... is Mass Resurrection going to see the same deal, or will they close off the "everyone die at the entrance while I sneak off to the last boss and rez everyone" predictable exploit now?

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    So I wonder... is Mass Resurrection going to see the same deal, or will they close off the "everyone die at the entrance while I sneak off to the last boss and rez everyone" predictable exploit now?
    It'll probably only resurrect within 40-50 yards of the caster

+ Reply to Thread