+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Neck Question

Neck Question

Im asking as Holy Priest Why [Wyrmbreaker's Amulet] is beter than Valiona's Medallion

Lots of web sites tell that and ppl i cnow.Why?

Its 143 +spiryt (HC wersion) + crit that Holy priest dont need as much like Matery or haste and valiona's medalion give them but ther's no +spir on it.

i hawe the Valiona's medalion and i can't see how Wyrm amulet can upgrade my Healing more.
    (btw Dont hawe Mana problems)

Sorry for speling errors but English it's not my primary language
    Last edited by Genesi; 04-06-2011 at 11:17 AM.

This is going to largely be based on what your other gear is like. If you could link your armory, I could give better input.

If you aren't having mana issues, go with Valiona's. However, if your mana is getting a bit low sometimes, you will want to go with Wyrmbreaker's. Again, your armory would be much more helpful in telling you if it is worth it.

her is my Armory lik http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../genesi/simple

Disco spec is for testing amd aditional reforg to Haste also normaly i go whit 19% mastery

I would take Valiona's personally and based off of your armory (and my personal choice as well) if you are not running low on mana. But I'd keep both and on fights where you feel you need that mana (since I assume you will be attempting Hardmodes soon) you could throw on the spirit neck.

Your stats are in generally great balance and should be fine.

Other than that, I am thoroughly jealous of your armory. I just, for the life of me, cannot get those boots or chest to drop for me. It is getting rather frustrating! But since we just lost two of our healers, we probably won't be pushing any progression soon.

A thought though talent tree wise - Drop points in State of Mind, Tome of Light, and Revelations (unless you do a lot of tank healing - which I think would be silly as an Hpriest) and then put them in Blessed Resilience, Desperate Prayer, and Surge of Light. Since Blessed Resilience is currently proccing off of critical heals done onto you, you are getting a boost to healing on you for much larger durations of a battle (I can get anywhere from 20-45% uptime). This makes healing yourself mindless as my Renew ticks can get to stupidly high numbers with that and other modifiers. I have also managed to get a 68 k Desperate Prayer (I think I've gotten higher but I don't always have time to read what I hit).

If you spend all your time in Sanctuary, just bind /cast chakra to your Prayer of Mending spell. Keeps chakra up all the time in Sanctuary state and it makes the talent points in State of Mind useless. I just don't like Revelations because HW: Sanctuary is pointless and I rarely, if at all, in Heal Chakra.

Just some additional thoughts.

I thought this thread would be about Giraffes.

My understanding from talking to a lot of good healers is that if you aren't having mana problems, you probably aren't healing hard enough, or your raid is hugely exceptional at avoiding damage intake.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post

My understanding from talking to a lot of good healers is that if you aren't having mana problems, you probably aren't healing hard enough, or your raid is hugely exceptional at avoiding damage intake.
    To an extent.

DPS has the advantage where there really is always something they can do that is productive (until a boss is dead).

Healing can be different based on the difficulty of the encounter and the skill of the healers you are running with. There is only so much healing that can be done and healing harder will only allow him to take healing away from his other healers at the cost of mana.

It may be that they should consider running a DPS instead of a healer, but is a personal option. That would make the Spirit more valuable. But we can't get into that unless we know what his raid does. If they want three healers for comfort, it will get them through the encounters still quite fast and with less worry of failing.

A lot of it depends on your current gear situation, stat priorities and stat goals.

For example, while I am a huge fan of mana regen and do mostly agree with Reev's statement, I also have a pretty high haste mark to reach (~2005) and Valiona's neck provides the only really usable souce of haste in that slot, along with another decent stat and the potential to reforge into spirit if I really want to.

While it doesn't have spirit on it, the extra haste would free up gem or enchant slots that I might have had to use for haste and can now instead use for Int, Spirit or other stats, making the tradeoff not quite as obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    A lot of it depends on your current gear situation, stat priorities and stat goals.

For example, while I am a huge fan of mana regen and do mostly agree with Reev's statement, I also have a pretty high haste mark to reach (~2005) and Valiona's neck provides the only really usable souce of haste in that slot, along with another decent stat and the potential to reforge into spirit if I really want to.

While it doesn't have spirit on it, the extra haste would free up gem or enchant slots that I might have had to use for haste and can now instead use for Int, Spirit or other stats, making the tradeoff not quite as obvious.
    Based on this, I double checked with your gear - You could technically drop the Haste buff on your wrist and go with an Int to wrist chant while maintaining your 6th tick renew with the appropriate haste buffs. I would definitely consider that (along with a couple of gem swaps if you keep Valiona's).

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post

So u sai if i omm in 50% of the boss fight im imba healer then?i dont think so.
    i just hawe Gr8 ppl in guild that cnow what to due.

Sorry for my Speling .

and thanks For the tips in improving my Healing ur nice guy/girl Udome <3

Quote Originally Posted by Genesi View Post
    So u sai if i omm in 50% of the boss fight im imba healer then?i dont think so.
    i just hawe Gr8 ppl in guild that cnow what to due.

Sorry for my Speling .

and thanks For the tips in improving my Healing ur nice guy/girl Udome <3
    Wow, not what I was saying at all. Going OOM at 50% of the fight isn't healing better. But ending the fight with 60% of you mana still intact when people are dying isn't healing well either. What I'm saying is that having more regen can give you more throughput when you need it. Giving up spirit for more throughput stats won't necessarily give you greater throughput because you won't be able to blow mana as quickly when needed without risk of going OOM too early.

Ok we just Kill chim Hc min ago and i finish whi 40% of mana and i use Shadowfiend on 50%+HoH
    In Raid got Rshammy and Hpala so Mana Totem etc still got one spriest so aditional HoH and Dudu but Innevate got to shammy
    Now most of us end up around 40%of mana so u said its still bad and i hawe to be on 0% at the kill? To be Imba?

My mana combat regen is around 4,5k in combat and i think its enuf for me sinc my raid grp provide me Diferent of mana regen posibilytis
    Last edited by Genesi; 04-06-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesi View Post
    Ok we just Kill chim Hc min ago and i finish whi 40% of mana and i use Shadowfiend on 50%+HoH
    In Raid got Rshammy and Hpala so Mana Totem etc still got one spriest so aditional HoH and Dudu but Innevate got to shammy
    Now most of us end up around 40%of mana so u said its still bad and i hawe to be on 0% at the kill? To be Imba?
    You're completely concentrating on the wrong part of the statement. I'm not saying that you have to be at 0% mana to be a good healer. I'm saying that oftentimes you can get more throughput by burning more mana than you can by having more mastery/haste etc. In order to burn more mana without going OOM early in the fight, you need more regen, so regen is a throughput stat. Saying that you're not having mana problems so you should get more throughput stats because you need throughput more is like ignoring the fact that you have a great big well of throughput you're not using if you aren't having mana problems. Does that make more sense?

yhm so if i say i dont hawe mana problem i hae to burn the Recount (in my translation ) notice that english is not my language and i hawe problems whit writing so its funy things from my

And back to my question. So Valiona's Neck is beter in most cases that halfus one ?

(i dont hawe Healing problems i dont hawe Mana problems i just ask For the damn Necks)

Valiona's is better for most people (can even reforge to spirit if you have to), but there'll be fierce DPS caster competition for it.

Finaly! Thank you so much for answer i w8 for <3

+ Reply to Thread