+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy help

Holy help

Ok so i've been playing holy priest for a while (since TBC) and i know im not that bad at healing i usually come mid to top of healing charts etc. My guild is 12/12 and 1/3 hc 25 man. Im stuck in a kind of rut where more gear is unlikely to massivly change my healing and so i need to become better at what i do.

However when it comes to theory crafting im never that good when it comes to the whole math stuff. I have no idea where to start.

If you guys have any advice on how to improve my healing and or anything to do with my gear then that would be much appreciated. Below are the link to my armoury and world of logs.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ero/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/114964/ (im in all the raids you click on)

thanks again for any help you can give :]

I honestly don't see that you are doing anything wrong per se. In many fights you are ahead hps wise relative to other healers. If you are looking to try to get even bigger numbers then you are probably restricted in this sense from your raid not taking as much damage.

But numbers on the meters are really worthless. Are you having trouble keeping people up? Are you bleeding a person here and there or is the raid taking so much damage you can't keep up? What is the specific problem you are trying to solve?

First of all you are definitely not doing anything wrong. Your gear, spec, and spell selection all looks good.

I looked over your last Cho'gall kill and your Magmaw attempts. I noticed is that you use sanctuary a decent amount. If you aren't holding off on other heals to do so because of mana, keep it up. If you are having any mana problems however, you may want to revisit how often you cast this. On Magmaw I only use it in the final phase on the melee. You also get a bit less from spot heals (renew, flash, etc). You fully talent renew, but don't seem to cast it often. Also don't forget binding heal! It's amazing.

I see you are stacking mastery heavily. There's a lot of debate about this. If you feel your healing is lacking you may want to experiment with reforging to haste. I prefer haste personally. Int is over all a better stat than mastery (or haste), so you may want to swap your blue sockets out to int/spirit gems in place of mastery/spirit.

when i put this post up i had a mixture of haste and mastery and so i didn't stack for either i balanced both and thats what you guys will be seeing the result of in those logs.

Ive asked around and like you said mastery and haste is very close so i'm going see how good it is to stack mastery this way (and the reason for those mastery spirit gems is so that my mastery gets to 17 points rather than 16.85 which wastes .85 mastery :P)

Im going to see what its like healing this way and if i fail then ill try going the opposite way and stack haste and again see what thats like (praying mastery works so its cheaper and more helpful when going disc for some fights)

Quote Originally Posted by Iero View Post
    (and the reason for those mastery spirit gems is so that my mastery gets to 17 points rather than 16.85 which wastes .85 mastery :P)
    Mastery increases without break points. The tooltip only updates at 1/2 points if I remember correctly, but more of the stat is always more healing.

What currently is your issue? A numbers thing?

If you are finding yourself with mana issues, I would advise you don't cast Sanctuary. It's a bit more useful for 25 mans (I raid 10 mans so I don't spec into it).

Personally I like to spec out of Revelations and Tome of Light and put those points in Desperate Prayer and Blessed Resilience (which is currently procing off of critical heals onto yourself). It is great for things like Nefarian after a Crackle because I can typically hit 68k+ Desperate Prayers. It also makes just healing on yourself a non issue allowing Renew ticks to basically cover any raid damage that you get hit by. It is something you may want to consider.

As another poster suggested, Renew is a great spell and you are fully specced into it. use it as filler for when PoH isn't a good option for you for the cost of the mana. The only issue is that Renew has a good chance to get sniped by other healers, even if it is the correct decision for the content.

I wouldn't fret about the meters though. You seem to be doing fairly fine and what matters is that you are getting content down without being a hindrance to the raid.

+ Reply to Thread